Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's Green Dragon 4x4 Conversion Build

Old 04-04-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Got a part number for the front half of the driveshaft ? Ive got my 4x4 tranny waiting to put in but can't find the correct driveshaft length i need
Old 04-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #22
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
Got a part number for the front half of the driveshaft ? Ive got my 4x4 tranny waiting to put in but can't find the correct driveshaft length i need
I have my old drive shaft.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
I don't........ I got mine from the junk yard.

Since you've got an ext cab, you just need to find the front half of the rear d shaft out of an ext cab or double cab tacoma (single cab will not work). I got mine off a tacoma with a manual transmission and a 4 cyl engine so I'm 99% sure the engine/tranny type doesn't matter, just the cab... hope that helps
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #24
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks
Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #25
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 04-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #26
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
hey few ?'s for ya man. how u like those daystar bumpstops? and were did u get them?. Build is dope by the way!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #28
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
hey few ?'s for ya man. how u like those daystar bumpstops? and were did u get them?. Build is dope by the way!
They're actually Energy Suspension bumpstops and I like them a lot! I really only have my old stock ones to compare, but I do like them. Very easy to mount. and Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
hells yeah silas! strong work
Thanks, Abe!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe i've never posted on your build before. Sick truck... will be awesome with 4x4.

and this guy drives the hell out of it. Glad to see someone with as little regard for their own welfare as i do.

Drive that Mother F'er!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #30
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
I can't believe i've never posted on your build before. Sick truck... will be awesome with 4x4.

and this guy drives the hell out of it. Glad so see someone with as little regard for their own welfare as i do.

Drive that Mother F'er!!!
Thanks, man!!!! hahahahaa
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #32
Cloudy-fabricator of things
Whitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitecloud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Johnathan
Whitecloud's Tacoma Gallery
Cant wait to get this thing out to the Puerco and then out to Moab. It is gonna be sick.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
goddam pre-runner going to beat the shit out of my 4x4...

good job on the swap! huge undertaking, its going to be sweet!
lol That's the plan! Thanks, man. And hopefully. hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitecloud View Post
Cant wait to get this thing out to the Puerco and then out to Moab. It is gonna be sick.
Me too!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #34
He said "Member," ahuh huh
Appljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedAppljaxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
Appljaxx's Tacoma Gallery
When you gonna be done, Holmes ?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #35
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appljaxx View Post
When you gonna be done, Holmes ?
DONE??? Never!!!! lol

Done with re-gearing, 4x4 swap, ARB locker, skid plates, f/r bumpers, 63" chevy springs with custum hangers and shackles? Hopefully by Moab. lol
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #36
Über Posre

Picked up some 1/4" plate for my skids!

Also started getting the basic design down.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #37
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, how are you going to cut it?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #38
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Nice, how are you going to cut it?
lol My 4 1/2" angle grinder...... and LOTS of discs!!! I may have to upgrade to something a bit larger, but we'll see how it goes. Then whiskey bends with the grinder and my Harbour Freight 110 stick welder.
I shall put the "ghetto" in SlodgHetto.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
Über Posre

Do you have any other suggestions, Steven? My assortment of tools isn't small, but I definately don't have a full shop.....
Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #40
Über Posre

Got a 10 pack of 7" cut-off wheels for my circular saw, and that seems to be working fairly well... Just have to let it cool of every 4"!!! lol