Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's Green Dragon 4x4 Conversion Build

Old 05-06-2013, 08:32 AM   #1641
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
See the fun you'd miss!

If you do sell it, I'll let you ride navigator with me whenever you want. Maybe I'll let you tackle an obstacle or two to remind you...
Yeah, I know.. Thanks, bro! lol
Old 05-06-2013, 09:47 AM   #1642
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Ill let you ride in my truck so you can see how a SFA is on the trail.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #1643
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Ill let you ride in my truck so you can see how a SFA is on the trail.
haha 'perciated.

You should come along next time we run that creek bed in Glorieta, dude. It's intense! 33s are be a bit small for it, but I don't think you'd have a problem with 35s...
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #1644
Your Unique, Just Like Everyone Else
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
TacoBran's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Silas,
Good looking truck man. Sorry to hear you wanna sell it I still think about my last Tacoma that I SFA'd hard to let them go but they are just "things" and can be bought and built again.

Did you ever redo your fenders with the 37's? I saw where with the 35's you cut little strips and then bent the tabs in. Did you ever do anything different after that?
Old 05-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #1645
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Hey Silas,
Good looking truck man. Sorry to hear you wanna sell it I still think about my last Tacoma that I SFA'd hard to let them go but they are just "things" and can be bought and built again.

Did you ever redo your fenders with the 37's? I saw where with the 35's you cut little strips and then bent the tabs in. Did you ever do anything different after that?
Thanks, man! And you speak the truth....

Not really, haha. I cut out a bit too much when I originally did it at 2", 35s only require about 1" taken out... Only areas I had to trim when I put on the 37s were the very front of the front fenders, took 1 1/2" out of the bumper, and the bottom of the front fenders.... In both cases, I just used a grinder, then a flap disc to finish...
Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #1646
tomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtomtom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tomtom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
haha 'perciated.

You should come along next time we run that creek bed in Glorieta, dude. It's intense! 33s are be a bit small for it, but I don't think you'd have a problem with 35s...
I knew it! You are trying to talk me into 35s.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #1647
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
I knew it! You are trying to talk me into 35s.
Do it.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #1648
TacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks, man! And you speak the truth....

Not really, haha. I cut out a bit too much when I originally did it at 2", 35s only require about 1" taken out... Only areas I had to trim when I put on the 37s were the very front of the front fenders, took 1 1/2" out of the bumper, and the bottom of the front fenders.... In both cases, I just used a grinder, then a flap disc to finish...
Do you have any shots of the finished product? I could go back thru the 80+ pages but u would kno off the top of your head Haha.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #1649
Über Posre

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBran View Post
Do you have any shots of the finished product? I could go back thru the 80+ pages but u would kno off the top of your head Haha.
I went out and took a shot with the cell phone real quick... and I have a few others.

and here the link to when I re-did the tub for the 37s...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post6320316
Old 05-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #1650

OK cool, was curious how that technique turned out. Thanks man!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #1651
Über Posre

Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #1652
Über Posre

Alright, peeps. Since it's looking like I'll still have this truck by the time Moab comes around, it means I need to start getting ready for it. Not a lot to do, but enough to keep me busy.

From most important to least:
1. Replace upper and lower control arm bushings
2. Preload front coils another inch
3. Alignment
4. Rebuild Spare CV axles and obtain more spare parts
5. Oil change
6. Fab up cab/bedside protection off sliders and rear bumper
7. Re-do rear bump stops to create more forced articulation (i.e. move bumps inboard several inches)
8. Spare tire Mount
9. Rock Lights
10. Winch
11. CB
12.Groove Tires
Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #1653
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
You selling me your 37's yet? I might be in the market for some 37" MTR's Apparently KM2 sidewalls aren't good enough for me...

On a side note, how many CV's have you broke on your 37's now? 1 or 2 and the jack shaft?
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #1654
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
You selling me your 37's yet? I might be in the market for some 37" MTR's Apparently KM2 sidewalls aren't good enough for me...

On a side note, how many CV's have you broke on your 37's now? 1 or 2 and the jack shaft?
haha nope! And your truck will be awesome with 37s. You've already got the gear ratio.

2 outer CVs and a jack shaft.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1655
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
haha nope! And your truck will be awesome with 37s. You've already got the gear ratio.

2 outer CVs and a jack shaft.
Wish I had 5.29's though... Guess 4.88's will have to do since no one makes 5.29's for my front diff yet. If I can convince the wife to let me spend the money I will get some, but we will see.

I must have missed a cv somewhere. haha I only recall you breaking 1.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #1656
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Wish I had 5.29's though... Guess 4.88's will have to do since no one makes 5.29's for my front diff yet. If I can convince the wife to let me spend the money I will get some, but we will see.

I must have missed a cv somewhere. haha I only recall you breaking 1.
Yeah, I wish I had 5.71s with my little 3.4...

Yeah... one was a result of no steering stops, one was from being stupid and giving way to much throttle.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #1657

Quote:
Yeah, I wish I had 5.71s with my little 3.4...

Yeah... one was a result of no steering stops, one was from being stupid and giving way to much throttle.
Somebody makes 5.71's for Toyotas? I'm only ever seen 5.29's in Toyotas. If you really wanted to go big you can get like 7.17's with Dana 60's and then some 1.5:1 portals for a total of 10.755:1, but good luck driving it anywhere. haha I would be redlining the motor in 5th gear at a whopping 78mph. haha 3000rpm in 5th is 43mph for me with a 10.755:1 ratio. And that is all on 37's!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #1658
tired
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Silas, are you getting any axle wrap?
Old 05-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
told ya
Yep. haha