Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Slodgetto's Green Dragon 4x4 Conversion Build

Old 06-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #1841
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Pretty sure it's a spherical bearing.
I see, that would make more sense then. haha
Old 06-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #1842
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Yeah I remember him saying they seemed to DD just fine a while back.

Didn't know they took some pressure, what do they look like from the side. I was under the idea that the bushing was like twice the diameter of the shackle bolt to give it that kind of articulation and it just kind of bounced around in there.
Here you can see the spherical bearing

Old 06-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #1843
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra TT View Post
Hey Silas... here is a photo on how our creeper joints are suppose to work!

How about yours?
lol Nice! Mine's are more or less, there.... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Silas DD'd his up until he got his car. I'm pretty sure he still drives it around.
Truck is back to DD status since the car decided to take a massive dump on me!!! Sounds like a bent rod, but it's not driveable at all..
Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #1845
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
lol Nice! Mine's are more or less, there.... lol

Truck is back to DD status since the car decided to take a massive dump on me!!! Sounds like a bent rod, but it's not driveable at all..
Good thing you didn't sell your truck.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #1846
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah, seriously! got to find another dd before selling the truck, now..
Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 AM   #1847
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, seriously! got to find another dd before selling the truck, now..
Or you could just keep ol reliable
Old 06-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #1848
Über Posre

lol yeah...... I wish.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:40 AM   #1849
Über Posre

In other news, some pics of the Green Dragon doing Helldorado got posted by AreaBFE on their facebook page! lol https://www.facebook.com/AreaBFE.park?fref=ts
Old 06-26-2013, 01:40 AM   #1850
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
hey silas

did you have to cut off your frame horns to get the bumper to fit? Or does the 98-00 horns go through the opening in the mount bar?

Looking into a lopro rock defense; don't see any 98-00's running it or any info about it
Old 06-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #1851
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
What's the dd have in it? A 22re? Might be cheaper to find a used engine.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #1852
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
hey silas

did you have to cut off your frame horns to get the bumper to fit? Or does the 98-00 horns go through the opening in the mount bar?

Looking into a lopro rock defense; don't see any 98-00's running it or any info about it
Nope... I had to cut off the mini crossmember where the skid bolts up to, but I simply unbolted the frame horns and it fit over the frame ends jut fine. Not a bad install at all.

Nice, man. That'll look sweet!!!!
Quote:
What's the dd have in it? A 22re? Might be cheaper to find a used engine.
No, it's a 3s-fe...... 2.0l. Thought about attempting a swap like you did on your car, but my celica is fwd....... not sure it'd be worth doing a rwd conversion.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #1853
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, it's a 3s-fe...... 2.0l. Thought about attempting a swap like you did on your car, but my celica is fwd....... not sure it'd be worth doing a rwd conversion.
RWD?!? Just set a 22re in there with the trans and transfer case and make it 4wd
Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #1854
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
RWD?!? Just set a 22re in there with the trans and transfer case and make it 4wd
gheeey
Old 06-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #1856
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Nope... I had to cut off the mini crossmember where the skid bolts up to, but I simply unbolted the frame horns and it fit over the frame ends jut fine. Not a bad install at all.

Nice, man. That'll look sweet!!!!

Ah bummer, For some reason I thought those were RWD. Yeah converting to RWD would involve A LOT of custom fab, not worth it at all. I wonder how hard it is to just throw a new rod in that thing and keep going? Maybe get another few years out of it.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #1857
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
q2 silas...

where did you put your blinker? did you route the light into the parking/corner light?

I've been meaning to re-route them to the corners.......... but I haven't yet. At this point and time, I have no front blinkers. lol
Quote:
Ah bunmer, For some reason I thought those were RWD. Yeah converting to RWD would involve A LOT of custom fab, not worth it at all. I wonder how hard it is to just throw a new rod in that thing and keep going? Maybe get another few years out of it.
Yeah.....

Maybe.........I'm going to look into it, but I think I'm going to end up selling it. (if I think I can do it, replace the rod, then sell it.) Not in love with the whole FWD thang..
Old 06-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1858
braaap

Quote:

I've been meaning to re-route them to the corners.......... but I haven't yet. At this point and time, I have no front blinkers. lol

Yeah.....

Maybe.........I'm going to look into it, but I think I'm going to end up selling it. (if I think I can do it, replace the rod, then sell it.) Not in love with the whole FWD thang..
Yeah I don't blame you.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #1859
Über Posre

Quote:
Yeah I don't blame you.
Although, (while it got old after burning through 2 sets) tray drifting was pretty fun. hahaha