Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Austin's 1996 Midtravel Tacoma Build

Old 05-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like that Super40? My buddy down the road has that on his but I havent gotten the chance to hear it. I've got the Super44 and love it.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:45 PM   #22
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco me elmo View Post
How much of lift did you add total?

I am running about 2.5 over stock.. maybe less.

But I am also using a diff drop kit and my cv's are pretty level.

I plan to go an inch taller or so once I get new coilovers with a softer spring rate so I can use more preload and not get a harsh ride.

As mine currently sits, it is amazing on desert trails and wash board roads.

I am def taller in the rear by at least 1-1.5 inches.. my new deaver 8 pack needs to settle in.
3" over stock. Ill take a pic right now. Yeah I wanna raise the back probably an inch or so once I have the money for the AAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
How do you like that Super40? My buddy down the road has that on his but I havent gotten the chance to hear it. I've got the Super44 and love it.
It sounds good! Kind of mild for what I like but maybe thats because the F250 i was borrowing from my brother had a 460 with no cat and a super 44 its not very loud in cab, but it sounds clean and outside it sounds sick bouncing off the limiter
Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #23
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Heres a pic:

Think ill need a diff drop? Ive used the 4x4 once since the lift.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #24
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Heres a pic:

Think ill need a diff drop? Ive used the 4x4 once since the lift.
I would, you have more of a lift than me for sure.. you have at least 1/2 an inch more room before your bump stop.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #25

Alright Ill probably get one soon, so is it a good idea to not use 4x4 until i get one?
Old 05-05-2012, 11:04 PM   #26
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Alright Ill probably get one soon, so is it a good idea to not use 4x4 until i get one?
I wouldnt unless you need to, you are at a very high angle and that can tear the cv boot and break it.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #27

Quote:
I wouldnt unless you need to, you are at a very high angle and that can tear the cv boot and break it.
Alright thanks! I like your truck btw, especially your rims!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:10 PM   #28
Who needs roads?

Thanks. it started pretty much like yours . all stock.

The rims I have were discontinued so they are hard to find.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #29
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright thanks! I like your truck btw, especially your rims!
x2
Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #30

Quote:
Thanks. it started pretty much like yours . all stock.

The rims I have were discontinued so they are hard to find.
Haha I wish I had the money for some good suspension but for now I'll save up for some 5100s for the front and rear and should be okay for a while
Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #31
Who needs roads?

Quote:
Haha I wish I had the money for some good suspension but for now I'll save up for some 5100s for the front and rear and should be okay for a while
Thats what I had for almost 2 years and it was fine.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #32

moved to original post
Old 05-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #33
Kennyperez is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kennyperez's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck man!
wish mine was a 5 speed, mines auto:/
Old 05-24-2012, 06:18 AM   #34

Thanks man! Yeah i love having the 5 speed, it already feels gutless with it i cant imagine an auto
Old 05-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #35

kinda blows, but after regear it should feel better
Old 05-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #36

After diff drop:

Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #37
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
dang thats a steal for that price! you got a great deal
Old 05-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
dang thats a steal for that price! you got a great deal
Guess I got lucky! Took forever to find something I liked, i've looked for months and at thousands of cars haha
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #39

did you do limo in the cab and dark on the pass/driver? thats what i did and love it!
i need to paint this as well on my truck
lookin good man!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyperez View Post
did you do limo in the cab and dark on the pass/driver? thats what i did and love it!
i need to paint this as well on my truck
lookin good man!
Yep! keeps my truck way cooler in this 110 degree heat! Haha yeah its not that bad just takes time to mask it.