Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Austin's 1996 Midtravel Tacoma Build

Old 07-23-2012, 08:08 PM   #81
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Posted pics of the removed fender flares!
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #82
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Really theyd pull me over? In arizona? I asked a cop when he came to my work and he said it doesnt matter but he seemed a little clueless hahah
Arizona may have different laws. I know in California you "have to" have the covers on. Of course
Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #83
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Ordered some LEDs to swap into my instrument cluster which should be here next week sometime. Gonna be getting clear corners off ebay too! Next im saving up for some coils to go with my 5100s
Old 07-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #84
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Ordered some LEDs to swap into my instrument cluster which should be here next week sometime. Gonna be getting clear corners off ebay too! Next im saving up for some coils to go with my 5100s
eibachs?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #85

Nope no eibachs im gonna settle for ome 881s for 90 shipped off a member on here an run the 5100s on the middle setting. I would rather have the eibachs so i can run them at 0" but oh well
Old 08-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #86

LEDs should get here tmrw for my cluster swap and i my OME 881s will be here probably mext week got em for $65 with 12k miles on em. Im excited
Old 08-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #87
Firefighter:
Quote:
LEDs should get here tmrw for my cluster swap and i my OME 881s will be here probably mext week got em for $65 with 12k miles on em. Im excited
pics of the install when you do it. I want to swap my cluster lights sometime too
Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
pics of the install when you do it. I want to swap my cluster lights sometime too
Dont worry i planned on posting pics, i love trying to share my excitement when i actually get something done on my truck.. haha. Im trying to decide what im gonna do with these 881s to get a 3" lift out of them. Either use the 1" spacers i'll have or set the 5100s on the middle setting. Advice?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #89
Firefighter:
Quote:
Dont worry i planned on posting pics, i love trying to share my excitement when i actually get something done on my truck.. haha. Im trying to decide what im gonna do with these 881s to get a 3" lift out of them. Either use the 1" spacers i'll have or set the 5100s on the middle setting. Advice?
not sure about the OMEs. I know with the Eibachs you set them at the lowest setting
Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 AM   #90

Guess ill have to make a thread!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Don't pre load the 881s man. Ride will suckkkkkkk

really no way to get 3'' outa them without the ride sucking tho..but if you pre load them on the middle setting, it'll be closer to 4'' of lift..and you can put your head between your legs and kiss you CVs good bye!
Cool thanks for the advice man!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #93

Posted a pic of the LED swap i forgot about the before pic because i was excited.. haha! But the install was very easy. Just pull out the 4 bulbs and place these back in
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #95
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Awesome build! I really like your bumper.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Nice! I like it. Ordering some now one of my bulbs is dead and the other is going out.
Do it man its completely worth it. Also get one for the bulb behind the ac controls to see what it looks like if you want. I took the green cover off mine but its like amber now and im not sure which size it is or anything ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Awesome build! I really like your bumper.
Lol ill trade you bumpers and thanks man!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #97
Firefighter:
Quote:
Do it man its completely worth it. Also get one for the bulb behind the ac controls to see what it looks like if you want. I took the green cover off mine but its like amber now and im not sure which size it is or anything ha

Lol ill trade you bumpers and thanks man!
Thats because the plastic trim has orange on it as well. I know with the 01-04s you can get a 4runner plastic trim that is clear, but im not sure about 95-97
Old 08-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Thats because the plastic trim has orange on it as well. I know with the 01-04s you can get a 4runner plastic trim that is clear, but im not sure about 95-97
Wtf thats stupid! haha guess ill look around for ideas
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #99
Firefighter:
Quote:
Wtf thats stupid! haha guess ill look around for ideas
I think ive heard of people taking laquer thinner or paint thinner to it. Not sure
Old 08-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #100

Washed and buffed it tonight after it cooled off.. damn it looks so good now! Hardly any noticeable scratches left. Took a lot of the badging shadow off too!