Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Trigo's stockish 4 banger 4x4

Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Trigo's stockish 4 banger 4x4

2000 Tacoma 4WD

Current: 4/2/13

What I started with:

Appearance:
-Custom front tube bumper
-42" LED Bar Flood/Spot Combo
-Rear tube bumper (not installed)
-2 rear dust lights (broken)
-Tinted taillights and corner lights
-Color matched grille

Suspension:
-King OEM Replacement Coilovers
-1 inch body lift

Wheels and Tires:
-Unknown Brand 16in Rims
-265-75-16 Mickey Thompson MTZ
-1 inch wheel spacers all around

Purchased this truck in November 2012 after my old truck was totaled

Parked at my work the day I bought it

265-75-16 Mickey Thompson MTZ on some rims that came with the truck

Push to Start(Will get video soon)

Aftermarket Single Din Radio:

(Removed) 3" Spacer Lift & 1" Body Lift(Both of which were put on by the PO)

Front Tube Bumper w/ 4 Lights:

Didnt have much moeny but I wanted to do something to my truck so I had painted Rims and Tinted Corners and Tail lights, I like how it came out

I wanted to widen the stance a bit so I got a set of 4 1" wheel spacers for free off of a friend of my dads, they're Lug Centric so I plan on swapping them out for All-Pro 1.5 Hub Centric spacers as soon as I get the funds

I knew I had to do something about the spacer lift so after a few days of searching I came across this set of OEM Replacement Kings in Fallbrook so I drove up on my lunch break and picked them up for $450, not the best deal but I was happy with it

Got bored after class one day so I decided to paint my grille white

I had Chris (csjumper2003) install some white LED's in my dash to replace the stock green one. Looks 100x better IMO, also bought a Cobra CB radio and 4" Firestik

[IMG][/IMG]

I bought a 42" LED bar off of Evan (Taco Man In HD) thing is ridiculous bright, I was originally gonna mount it on my roof but it was a whole lot simpler to just put it on the bumper

LED turn signal bulbs: Best pics ATM

I bought some eBay black casing headlights and installed them with some 6k HID's that a friend got me for $60

Picked up some Glassworks 4.5inch flare off of Antonio (acordova1050) and sanded down and rattle canned them for now since I plan on getting the whole front end painted when I get a fiberglass skewped hood

One of my taillights was cracked so I used that as an excuse to but an aftermarket set

Fiberwerx 4" bedsides

Light rack I bought off another member, decided to run a 40" LED bar which I had laying around but once I mounted it up and tested it I found out that I'd waste about half of the light output on the roof. So the LED bar is going back on the bumper and im getting 5 7" HID's to put on the rack

Duel gas can carriers

Soooooo it's been a while so I figured it was time for an update

Painted the skid plate white

Fiberwerx 4.5 inch bedsides

Custom rear tube bumper

Added a 40" LED bar of the bumper aswell as a 12" Amber LED bar behind the skid plate

Painted bumper LED bar white

Added 3 7" HID's, still need to put 2 more on

Painted my wheels bronze

A few random pics

Thats it for now, im somewhere around $3,000 into the truck after the purchase so far and I'm barely starting to get into the real expensive stuff.... LT
Old 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
1999 Tacoma Prerunner

Gone and missed

How I got it:

Current Mods
-01 Front Clip Conversion
-Painted Rims Black
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-3in Spacer lift w/ add a leaf
-In bed spare tire carrier
-3 Inch. Flared Front Fenders (currently not installed)

Checking the frame

Spacer lift installed

Added TW sticker

Bought the truck without a radio, so I bought a OEM one for $20 off craigslist

Picked up a spare tire carrier on craigslist for $50

Then I Plasti Derped the rim black

Glassworks 3.5 front fenders

New Wheels and Tires!

Before:

After:

Dos Tacos

Dos Tacos again

straight Thugs yo'
Old 04-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Looks nice
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #4
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 01-04 front end!
Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #5
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Idk if you had said before, but did you do the 01-04 front end conversion yourself, or did you get the truck like that? I'm thinking about doing this also. Just have to plan out costs and stuff.

BUMP for you
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #6

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
updated
Old 06-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #7
Tortoise*
IndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndigoTac07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: AJ
IndigoTac07's Tacoma Gallery
You shoulda sailed in the boat.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #9

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoTac07 View Post
You shoulda sailed in the boat.
Im going to some junk yards later this week and the trail that the boat is on leads to them, so I might try and go for ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
your build thread inspired me
Old 06-05-2012, 06:14 PM   #10
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigo View Post
Im going to some junk yards later this week and the trail that the boat is on leads to them, so I might try and go for ride
Old 06-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #11
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Damn it Trigo! Check your PM's Please? haha
Old 07-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
no one ever pays me in gum
blacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblacksheff405 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: caleb
blacksheff405's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

get a trailer and keep it?
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 AM   #13

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksheff405 View Post
get a trailer and keep it?
idk, it seems like a lot of work. Plus its on state land so im not sure if I would have to file paper work
Old 07-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
DoubleTake is on a distinguished road
DoubleTake's Tacoma Gallery
Sent you a pm back........
Old 08-30-2012, 07:00 PM   #15

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Update! Got some Glassworks 3.5 front fenders

New Wheels and Tires!

Before:

After:

Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
the fenders look great, man! I'm looking for some 3.5" glassworks too, but shipping east sucks.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #18
DC TRD MallRunner
Taco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Man in HD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
Taco Man in HD's Tacoma Gallery
any more pics of your cut bedsides? looks cool!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #19

Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Looks good! New tires and rims makes a fucking HUGE difference! Funny, I sold a head unit like the one you got for 20 bucks too. But this was about 2 years ago.
yea the rims and tires were long over due haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
the fenders look great, man! I'm looking for some 3.5" glassworks too, but shipping east sucks.
I picked these up for $80 IIRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Man in HD View Post
any more pics of your cut bedsides? looks cool!
VVV

So in the last 2 weeks ive done a decent amount of work to the taco including bedsides, front tube bumper, rear tube bumper, and stand up duel spares. Another member was trading his truck back in so he had to go back to stock so I got a pretty good deal IMO Everything is pretty much done except for the front bumper which I should be finishing up tomorrow. Heres some pics

Semi Finished Product:

Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I picked these up for $80 IIRC
craigslist? i need to get some for cheap.