Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

A Turbo Diesel Tacoma

Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
TDITacoma is on a distinguished road
TDITacoma's Tacoma Gallery
A Turbo Diesel Tacoma

New member from NH. I hope I'm posting this properly!!! Anyway, I was on the Big Island HI ( near Hilo) this winter and ran across a guy that had Put a VW Turbo Diesel motor into his older Tacoma. What a sweet job it was. Anyone know this fella??? Being a VW TDI person (we have 4 in the family) I am considering doing one of these conversions myself. Not knowing a thing about the Tacomas I guess my questions would be what are considered the best years for this type of makeover. I would want the the manual transmission, lightess body Tacoma for this project. Any feedback would be helpful...Thanks
Old 04-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
95.5-97 single cab 4x4 5speed would be my truck of choice for that project.

Or even an older pickup would be cool.

Just don't expect to actually save money by doing this. Sure you'll get awesome gas mileage but the cost of the conversion will greatly exceed any savings IMO.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Early 90s Toyota Pickup gets my vote, then send the 22re to me. Shipping shouldn't be too bad