Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ponethousand's build

Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #2261
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Tack weld them shop rags then zip tie
Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #2262
Scenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud ofScenekyd has much to be proud of

Name: Jay
Scenekyd's Tacoma Gallery
Paul, how the MT/Rs in the snow? Don't know if you had any experience from last winter or not. Thanks,

Jay
Old 06-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #2264
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
He does, and the plates are already drilled and tapped. All he needs to do is drill the stock bump brackets and get 4 bolts
no comment.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:36 PM   #2265
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the follow on IG, always over your rig!
Old 06-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #2266
The Hotter the Green Chile the Better!
GreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GreenChileTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Paul, how do you like the CVJ axles with high angle boot? Have they held up pretty well?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #2267
Live Fast, Die Young
superwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsuperwhite10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

superwhite10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
He does, and the plates are already drilled and tapped. All he needs to do is drill the stock bump brackets and get 4 bolts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post
no comment.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:19 AM   #2268
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Thanks for the follow on IG, always over your rig!
Love the work you are doing! No problem on IG, come out to Potts mountain with us in a couple of weeks. Your truck is badass! Want to see that shit wheel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenChileTaco View Post
Paul, how do you like the CVJ axles with high angle boot? Have they held up pretty well?
Love it so far. The guy I bought my tundra breaks from who works at ecgs wheeled with cvj axles for a longtime and never snapped one. He had a front air locker and same gear ratio as what I'm running. I had some cheap advance cvs in there so need something stronger. High angle boots are great! Combine that with boot slide mod and you should be good to go!

Now big difference is that I'm running the crawl box. Only wheeled it once but no problems. If I snap an axle I'll let you know!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:22 AM   #2269

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwhite10 View Post
Don't be no bitch ronnie! We trying to get the band back together!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #2270
The Hotter the Green Chile the Better!
GreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreenChileTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GreenChileTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Love it so far. The guy I bought my tundra breaks from who works at ecgs wheeled with cvj axles for a longtime and never snapped one. He had a front air locker and same gear ratio as what I'm running. I had some cheap advance cvs in there so need something stronger. High angle boots are great! Combine that with boot slide mod and you should be good to go!

Now big difference is that I'm running the crawl box. Only wheeled it once but no problems. If I snap an axle I'll let you know!

Sounds good! Thanks Paul!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #2271
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Love the work you are doing! No problem on IG, come out to Potts mountain with us in a couple of weeks. Your truck is badass! Want to see that shit wheel!
Thanks man!
Id love to come out but im still running one of those new fancy glass driveshafts up front

Waiting to order gears for the rear elocker then still have rebuild the front axle again to get these shit TG wheel bearings out now that I have all the tools to rebuild an axle properly, bob it, build new storage for bed and action packers unsder the Softopper, mount the 35's and get a new front/rear bumper built..

Its a freaking never ending circle of things to do, one mod leads to another and on and on and on.. Oh and crawl box.. sometime in the near future hopefully. But it will get there! once I get gears and build axle again ill be able to at least wheel it!

Probably going to build a tube truss for mine like im doing for the 83, not sure if you follow my facebook page or the 83 build on here.

but I WILL get up there to wheel sometime! At leas URE sometime after im ready and fell comfy driving a little distance..
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #2272

Drove the truck today. That's a total of 15 miles in a month. .
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #2273
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Dang! A lot has changed since I saw it in April.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #2274

Light bars yadayada...frontrunner rack yadayadaa...Mo lights yadayada. . Still waiting for my glass. Going over a month now
Old 07-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #2276

Quote:
Still waiting to see broken CV
Any day now. Let's do it at potts
Old 07-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #2278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenekyd View Post
Paul, how the MT/Rs in the snow? Don't know if you had any experience from last winter or not. Thanks,

Jay
Jay, just saw you posted this. Sorry so late. Drove the truck a few times in the snow. Was not super impressed. Especially in packed snow. You should ask adam (boxrocket) He can give you a better review.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #2279
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still waiting to see broken CV
Quote:
Any day now. Let's do it at potts

Old 07-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #2280
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
All mud tires suck in the snow, no siping.