Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ponethousand's build

Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 PM   #21
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I was looking at the super winch 8500 with the synthetic rope set up or the engo. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a winch. I was worried about the light tabs getting in the way but if need be I'll cut off the tabs and either relocate them directly on the light bar or just drill a hole in the plates I added on the bumper it self. Let me know when you have your winch all mocked up. I would like to see pictures of it. Man you should start a build page with all the mods you have done.
i just might have to get a build thread together since i have it half way torn apart. the winch has been on for about 4 months now but im in the process of clocking the clutch to make it fit without the trimming cause i really want a satoshi grill with out a hole in the bottom. ill get some pictures up tomorrow for you
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #22
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Installed some hella black magics. I like that they are a bit smaller, also the black lenses look good against the black paint and grill craft.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #23
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
In love with your truck. You have my favorite 1st Gen! I can't wait to see it in person....keep up the good work bud
Old 05-19-2012, 06:22 AM   #24
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
In love with your truck. You have my favorite 1st Gen! I can't wait to see it in person....keep up the good work bud
Thanks man! Most def going to try and make the next meet. Seems like a lot of the guys on the tidewater thread have 2nd gens. Off the top off my head your rig and namyos are pretty sick! On your signature where is the picture taken?? Installing a snorkel today, have pictures up when I get a chance. Oh yeah... what winch are you running?
Old 05-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #25
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! Most def going to try and make the next meet. Seems like a lot of the guys on the tidewater thread have 2nd gens. Off the top off my head your rig and namyos are pretty sick! On your signature where is the picture taken?? Installing a snorkel today, have pictures up when I get a chance. Oh yeah... what winch are you running?

My sig pic was taken at Uwharrie National Forrest about a month ago. Thanks, it gets me where I need to go I am running an XRC8. I have only had it for a couple of months so I haven't had a chance to put it through the ringer yet. I wanted a Warn winch, but it was only $100 and free shipping when I bought my ARB so I couldn't turn it down. As for the meet, you are more than welcome. I am not sure how many guys will show up though. Last time only a couple stayed to watch the fight. Not all of them are big on MMA. You are more than welcome to come though, I will most def be getting it, and we watch it in my garage on a projector (120") so it is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see the pics of the snorkle.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #26

Here is everything you need to install the snorkel. I also used some clear silicone for the plastic inserts on the pillar.

some people say you can save some of the clips. I did not save any

This is the intake tube inside the wheel well. Above is how much dirt came out of it.

template all lined up. Double check. although the 16mm (5/8) give you more than enough room when inserting the studs in the fender.

had to deburr all the holes with a dremel tool.

safari body secure, ready to be tightened

Finished product. Turned out nice. Here is a tip, make sure you grease the inner tube before you start connecting everything together.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #28

I like the rear bumper also.. until it's time to get a rear bumper that has a tire swing!
Old 05-25-2012, 05:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by newskooler View Post
i just might have to get a build thread together since i have it half way torn apart. the winch has been on for about 4 months now but im in the process of clocking the clutch to make it fit without the trimming cause i really want a satoshi grill with out a hole in the bottom. ill get some pictures up tomorrow for you
I looked at your build and noticed you have your lights mounted plus the winch.

I ordered the super winch lp8500 because you can't beat the price. I have a few questions for you, was the wiring it came with long enough for you to locate to solenoid box under the hood? How about locating the box on the two metal bars above the winch spool? Last question how long is the solenoid box? I'm thinking that it might fit between the light tabs. Unless it will hit the bottom of my grill. Dude, I could use your help on mounting ideas for the solenoid box, also if you had to get the wiring where did you get it What's your opinion?
Old 05-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #30
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I looked at your build and noticed you have your lights mounted plus the winch.

I ordered the super winch lp8500 because you can't beat the price. I have a few questions for you, was the wiring it came with long enough for you to locate to solenoid box under the hood? How about locating the box on the two metal bars above the winch spool? Last question how long is the solenoid box? I'm thinking that it might fit between the light tabs. Unless it will hit the bottom of my grill. Dude, I could use your help on mounting ideas for the solenoid box, also if you had to get the wiring where did you get it What's your opinion?
hey pone so heres some details about winch set up i have.

1. the solenoid box come directly attached to the winch and solenoid is bolted directly to the winch terminals. it will come with a few feet of positive and negative cables. to attach to the battery and ground.

i relocated mine to the engine bay to keep it from getting too exposed the elements and to allow for the 15ft of controller length to reach inside the cab or far enough away from the vehicle to help protect operators from possible injury. i bought ga wire soldered it to 2ga tabs so it would be completely bolt on. i ran the cables through the radiator core support where the ac hardline come through

SANY0048 by newskooler, on Flickr
heres a pic of what it looks like in the engine bay

SANY0046 by newskooler, on Flickr

SANY0041 by newskooler, on Flickr
2. im amost 100% sure the winch wont fit with the light tabs i had to hone the pre drilled holes out about 1/16th of an inch or so to get the bolts to line up. its a tight fit (Pic) if you want to keep the lights mount them to the winch like i did with a piece of flat strap but bent to a 90* angle and drill holes to fit mount to the allen head bolts when you clock the winch.

you can see if you dont clock the winch you have to cut the grille in the upper right hand corner

SANY0043 by newskooler, on Flickr

3. clocking the winch(clutch)
A.to move the clutch requires removing the 2 6mm allen bolts from the right hand side

2012-05-17 18.08[1].33 by newskooler, on Flickr
B. Stand on end and remove clutch assembly. if the rod come out dont panic it can be put back in easily just keep it clean

2012-05-17 18.10[1].10 by newskooler, on Flickr
C. Remove the (10)3mm allen head bolts and rotate the unit to the 3 o'clock positon.
D. Reassemble in reverse order and carefully retighten the bolts snugly

SANY0042 by newskooler, on Flickr

i hope this helps and hit me up if you have any questions cause now that ive reread the post my brain hurts.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A MECHANIC NOR AM I AN ELECTRICIAN. FALLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK....
Old 05-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #32

Newskooler. Like i said before. Thank you for the write up! I'll take pictures next week when i install the winch.
Old 05-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #33

Tacomadude, thanks man. Now that i have a daily driver i'm able to fix my double cab the way i want. I like that my truck is camping ready, will be even more once the winch is installed. I still want some skid protectors, possibly a tire swing out. Still with everything i've done to it, it still holds my surfboard on weekends!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #34
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Badass rig man, clean and mean! Nothing but inspiration, dig the unified style with bumpers. Oh- snorkel looks ill too.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #35

Thanks man! It's been a long process with only few more things to do. Going to install the winch hopefully this weekend. The trailgear sliders, rear bumper and front bumper, can't beat the price and the quality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Badass rig man, clean and mean! Nothing but inspiration, dig the unified style with bumpers. Oh- snorkel looks ill too.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #36
Limited
lucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlucky73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lucky73's Tacoma Gallery
yo, nice limited gen1!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #37

Your 01 is clean as a mofo! Plan to do anything to your dc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky73 View Post
yo, nice limited gen1!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #38
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Im digging the stance of this thing and looking forward to seeing your winch install as ill be going with the same one sometime, maybe sooner than later and was curious about the fitment with the grill!
Looks good!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #39
alove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shedalove0750 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
alove0750's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is sooo clean

I'm not a big fan of the camper tops, but on the right rigs they look great and you sir have one of those rigs! Keep up the good work
Old 06-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #40
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!
I think your pics just made my decision to go with the 285 Grabber AT's on my 4runner after I lift it in a few weeks.