Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ponethousand's build

Old 06-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #41
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Im digging the stance of this thing and looking forward to seeing your winch install as ill be going with the same one sometime, maybe sooner than later and was curious about the fitment with the grill!
Looks good!
I should get to the winch sometime this week. When amazon mailed it the ground wire was damaged. Called them Tuesday and got the new cable in on Friday. Fast customer service through superwinch! If I don't end up having room on the top plate of my bumper I'll mount it under the hood. Pictures up as soon as I start!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #42
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alove0750 View Post
That thing is sooo clean

I'm not a big fan of the camper tops, but on the right rigs they look great and you sir have one of those rigs! Keep up the good work
Thanks! Your rig is one hell of a beast! Maybe if there is a Virginia/North Carolina meet I'll see your rig!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Nice truck!
I think your pics just made my decision to go with the 285 Grabber AT's on my 4runner after I lift it in a few weeks.
Big fan of your products! You make clean bumpers!. I'm happy with the grabbers but want to go back to some mtrs now that I have a daily driver. Thanks for checking my build!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
i like your trail gear setup. i also have the low profile trial gear bumper. i'm planning onto getting two piece sheet metal to block the big gap.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #45

Started mounting the winch, Light tabs ended up fitting like a glove. Afraid I was going to have to cut them and get them rewelded

Also got some rock guards for the hell black magics

Still gotta find a spot for the solenoid box. Might get a l bracket attach it to my plate on the bumper and bolt the box on to it. Not sure yet. I also have an amsteel blue rope coming in to replace the wire rope (save some weight).
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #46
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Cool. I'm anxious to add a winch to mine. Your truck is like my black twin from anutha-mutha.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Cool. I'm anxious to add a winch to mine. Your truck is like my black twin from anutha-mutha.
yeah man! HA BLACK TWIN! I wish I had the welding, fabrication, skills that you have! You can pretty much tackle any problem on your rig. The problem I'm having now is trying to decide where to mount the box.

Nice pictures from the moab meet! Your truck looks like a beast out there!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #48
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
damn you lucky bastard my tabs had to go. Take alot of pics of the solenoid mounting I might have to steal your mount idea if its better than mine.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #49

Winch is all mounted. Here's the process.

Drilled a hole into the plate I added. (thanks for the idea box rocket)

Mounted a l bracket (thanks home depot)

Took apart the solenoid housing and mounted a bracket on to the back

Wanted the solenoid box to fit behind the light bar. It is a very tight fit. I thought about mounting it under the hood but wanted to have access without having to open the hood.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out. One thing about getting the Trail Gear Low Profile bumper is that if you get a winch you will most def have to relocate the solenoid box.

I have a amsteel blue synthetic line coming in on Friday so I'll post some pictures of the install on that. I like that it's stronger than wire plus lighter too!.

Went to test it out and snapped some pictures.

Old 06-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #50

took the wire rope off and replaced it with an amsteel blue.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #51

washed, clay bar, wax

Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #52

New sling hook. Had to order a 3/8 sling hook with connection link from master pull. The one that came with the superwinch did not fit the thimble from the amsteel blue synthetic winch line. Customer service at master pull is excellent. They only charged me the difference as if I were ordering the winch line and sling hook together.

Old 06-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #53

Black magics are pretty bright.

Good picture of the stance.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #54
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
how did you cut the plate to match up with the TG bumper? i'm in the process of measuring and cutting the plate metal.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I just made a cardboard template when I made mine. Cut the cardboard to fit how I wanted and traced it on the steel and cut away.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #56

I did the same with the cardboard cut out. But I had to take mine to the shop to get cut and welded.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #57
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
i love youre set-up! looks awsome
Old 08-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #58

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #59
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck makes me

Super sick rig man! Nice job
Old 08-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #60

Thanks man, I like the black rims on the white paint job! Clean!