LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ponethousand's build

Old 01-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #1421
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
How much were those cv's and the core charge if ya don't mind me asking? I know sooner or later I'm gonna have to swap mine out or at least reboot them.
I paid $430 shipped. They will credit me $150 once they receive my old oem cvs
Old 01-10-2014, 08:40 PM   #1422
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
Any sort of warranty?
Old 01-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #1424
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92 View Post
Any sort of warranty?
Yes (a year I think). But if it fails due to "lift or offroading" they wont cover it.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #1425
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndrew View Post
Yes (a year I think). But if it fails due to "lift or offroading" they wont cover it.
This. Nancy did say if I have any troubles that she would work with me... What that means..I don't know.. The guy that I bought my tundra brakes from said he has never broken one. He wheels his rig pretty hard. He also said he broke 3 advanced auto cvs.

I don't know maybe should have waited and got the lotus but didn't want to drop the coin on them due to the crawl box.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:14 AM   #1426
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Did you have to notch the other end of the tube at all? Or did u notch just the side that connects to the center light hoop? I'm gonna be doing the same in a week or so
Old 01-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #1427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Did you have to notch the other end of the tube at all? Or did u notch just the side that connects to the center light hoop? I'm gonna be doing the same in a week or so
All the tubes come raw from relentless. For the center i cut so it would lay vertical then cut again for the desired angle. For the hoops I notched the tubes connecting to the center bar and also shaved the inner tubes closes to the body for it to tilt in a bit. A lot of shaving and test fitting.. No fast way about it.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:23 AM   #1428
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah it looks like its gonna take a wile to grind those down, I don't have a tube notch. I have the relentless tubes in the bed of my truck, just gotta get started...

Did you use a notching tool or the grinding "notching" method?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:33 AM   #1429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainmoe02 View Post
Yeah it looks like its gonna take a wile to grind those down, I don't have a tube notch. I have the relentless tubes in the bed of my truck, just gotta get started...

Did you use a notching tool or the grinding "notching" method?
grinding notching method. fit, test, fit again. What bumper do you have? Relentless DIY?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:37 AM   #1430

Yeah the relentless DIY. I've always liked the hoops on bumpers, so mine looks incomplete without the hoops IMO.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:27 AM   #1431
Not as new as my post count would appear
Scalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud ofScalded_Dawg has much to be proud of

Air Force: Once a B-1 Mechanic, now upper Management
Name: Brent
Scalded_Dawg's Tacoma Gallery
Hoops turned out great Paul! Nice work!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded_Dawg View Post
Hoops turned out great Paul! Nice work!
Thanks yoda!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:11 AM   #1433

Old 01-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #1435

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
So jealous... Haha

I can honestly say that if I have the money I will buy an Elite and add the hoops just because it looks so much better than mine!
seeing yours and this 2nd gen i wheel with sold me...

love this shit too
Old 01-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #1436
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
seeing yours and this 2nd gen i wheel with sold me...

love this shit too

So they can make ex cab roof racks for the rc's but not real trucks...
Old 01-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #1437
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good Paul! I started cutting mine off last night then decided to hold off for a little bit. I still need them to grow on me haha.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #1438

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeggins View Post
Looks good Paul! I started cutting mine off last night then decided to hold off for a little bit. I still need them to grow on me haha.
Thanks Tanner.! I like the way these hoops are super close to the body. Really tight though to weld!
Old 01-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #1439
IFS is the new solid axle
mrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrbeggins is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tanner
mrbeggins's Tacoma Gallery
Yea that's the problem I'm having. Mine was super close as well to weld, and even more so to clean up the welds with the flap disk after. I think once I weld my sliders on it'll tie everything in. My main purpose for the hoopers was to protect that from corner from the tight trees we have up here. The fenders are kinda flimsy without the liner and flares now. As I'm sure you've noticed haha.

I think I'll keep them. Looks pretty mean coming down the highway to
Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #1440
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Hey ponethousand, your bumper looks awsesome!

Hey, have you received your crawl box yet? If you haven't installed it, I would seriously consider swapping the Marlin double row bearing out for an MRC. Check out the link in my build thread for more details but, it looks like the thrust loading on the Marlin bearing is making it wear quickly and break apart. It's great for radial load, but horrible with thrust load. The MRC, on the other hand, is a Conrad style bearing and can handle both loads without issue. Again, just follow the link for pics/details on the whole issue...