Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

ponethousand's build

Old 05-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
ponethousand's build

How she sits today
7/13/14

How she sits today 7/02/14

How she sits today 5/30/14

How she sits today 1/18/14

How she sits today 1/11/14

How she sits today 12/23/13

How she sits today 12/10/13

How she sits today 10/31/13

How she sits today 07/27/13

How she sits today 05/26/13

My goal is to build an expedition rig that can take me where I need to go.
2004 toyota tacoma double cab trd limited
1st and only owner

Engine/Drivetrain
Auto
3.4L V6
4.56 Nitro Gears
TRD E. Locker (Rear)
ARB Airlocker (Front)
Cvj axles with high angle boots
Rear Differential Mod
Safari Snorkel
air aid intake arm
Magnaflow 14" muffler cut after first hanger
Inchworm Tacoma Transmission Adapter Kit
Inchworm Tacoma Double Transfer Case 4:7.1 23 spline input x 23 spline output - Top shift
Gear Driven Crawler Box

Suspension
icon uniball uca
icon 2.5 extended coilovers
King 700lb coils
icon rear monotube shocks 2.0 Aluminum Series custom length (custom mount to fabricated cross bar
lower shock mounts welded on to axle (/ \) )
allpro expedtion leaf pack
1.5 greasable allpro shackles
U bolt flip kit
Timberen Bump Stops
all pro 1.5 wheel spacers
All pro diff drop kit

Tires/Rims/
toyota fj trail special edition rims 16x8
Goodyear mtrs 315/75/16
Tubbed for full stuff
no body lift
285/75/16 Treadwright Guard Dog spare on fj trail rim
Arb inflator
Arb deflator

On board air
20lb CO2 tank
CKSA12 ARB air compressor

Brakes
Tundra 231mm brakes and rotors
Wheelers offroad extended brake lines
BAMF bpv bracket

Interior
Kenwood cd/mp3
Pioneer 8" subwoofer
remote start
Uniden Pro 520xl cb radio with external speaker
(4' Firestick antenna)
ARB Fridge/Freezer
ARB slide

Recovery
Superwinch lp8500
amsteel blue synthetic line
Prolink Thimble
D rings receiver d ring
Smittybilt tree strap
Smittlybilt tow strap
Smittybilt Snatch block
Hi Lift Jack mounted on rear bumper
shovel
fiskar ax

Armor
Elite off road front bumper
Relentless light bar stinger and headlight hoops
trail gear rock sliders welded
Box Rocket Custom rear bumper with swing out/dual jerry can holder)
Bud Built skid, belly, crossmember
Lowrange offroad gas tank skid
BAMF lower control arm skid not installed

Exterior Miscellaneous
Frontrunner slimline roof rack
Shower extension
Wolf pack storage
Hi lift mount
Awning mount
All chrome has been replaced with black (handles, mirror)
Jeraco cap
thule load bars
Rola basket with extension (sold)
Rotopax 2 gallon gas
Trasharoo
Scepter 5.3 Gallon jerry Can
Buy Lci 5.3 water jerry can
Tepui Ayer RTT
Tepui 4ft Awning
Tepui Annex
Bed Rack by ELTACOROJO
Kobalt black tool box
On Board pressurized water can (mrgrimms idea!)

Lighting
hella 500 black magics
jasper offroad 3" pod square lights spot pattern
relocated turn signals to corner
BAMF 1st gen light bar behind the grill
Rigid industries defused lights CBI ditch light bracket
20 " cree double row spot flood light bar
42" Rampage radius led with low profile mount (relentless fabrication)
Rock lights by CKEENE
Bed lights okledlightbars.com

Electrical
Blue sea 12 accessory fuse block
100amp circuit breaker
6 switch panel by paranoid
Daystar switches
6 switch panel by paranoid (tw member)

Future mods,
cbi frame support (here and waiting to be installed)
BAMF LCA skid (waiting to be installed)

(pictures by ElTacoRojo)

How she sits today 4/22/13 (adjusted the icon coilovers a bit)

How she sits today 4/21/13

How she sits today 4/5/13

How she sits today 3/16/13

How she sits today 2/6/13

How she sits 1/26/13

How she sits today. 12/27/12

How she sits today. 06/06/12

How she sits today. 5/22/12

5/12/12

Original had a rev tek 3" lift kit. Plasti dipped my eagle alloys

put on some 1.5 all pro spacers

put on some trail gear rock sliders

painted rear bumper black

added amp research bed extender

found a good deal on craigslist for a used jeraco cap. $300, and had the thule load bars on top!

Picked up some pro comp 7089 and ordered TG rear bumper

slowly getting rid of all the chrome!

pulled off front brush guard and added the 5100 in the front with the eibach springs. Got rid of my revtek lift. Notice how high the front was riding compared to the back. Took out the rear block and added a 3"aal from tuff country. Now the back was sitting lower then the front!

added clear corners, mesh grill, and replaced chrome handles with black handles

fixed the rear suspension by adding 5100 in the back getting my 3"block put back on. Now the rear is about an inch higher than the front. I figured with the weight of the cap and bumper it may settle down a little. When I pack the back with gear it almost levels out. Maybe a new rear leaf pack in the future with some shackles.

Mounted hi lift jack and shovel for camping and wheeling.

Had a chance to do some wheeling today. Here some pictures of the flex.

buddy's second generation and mine

not to dirty

Just ordered trail gear front bumper with light bar and a arb safari snorkel. Slowly my truck is coming along. Just need to order a winch. Any suggestions from personal use would be greatly appreciated.

Fitted the bumper so I can measure the plates I wanted to add. Got the idea from box rocket!

Getting it all painted up. Should be able to mount it tonight or tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
dweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Interior Communications Electrician
Name: David
dweezy's Tacoma Gallery
awesome truck man... i love the front bumper
Old 05-15-2012, 03:28 AM   #4
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man, I'll post some pictures with it mounted with some lights. You ever go wheeling around here?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Va Beach peninsula here...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Looking good Va Beach peninsula here...
Gotta meet up with you guys next time you have a meet!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice looking good op
Thanks man!
Old 05-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #9

Got the bumper all mounted up. These pictures have some automat central off road lights. Decided to get some Hella black magics instead.

Just got my snorkel in the mail. Looks like I have some holes to drill this weekend.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome truck you got there.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #11
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Man looks good. Clean and mean.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho2k5 View Post
Awesome truck you got there.
Yours looks pretty clean also. What lift do you have?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
Man looks good. Clean and mean.
Thanks man. Hopefully the snorkel will be easy to install.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Yours looks pretty clean also. What lift do you have?
Thanks, I have the toytec ultimate lift.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #15
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Love the build dude! The TG goods are def in my future. Dig that bumper!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #16
newskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the roughnewskooler is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: firefighter
Name: Nick
newskooler's Tacoma Gallery
the truck looks awesome man, i have an almost the exact same set up except the grille and the DC. if you dont mind doing a little bit of trimming a superwinch lp 8500 or 10500 fit really well minus the engagement handle. otherwise its an awesome winch for the price. i mounted the solenoid under the hood since the controller cable is long enough to be used within the cab.(a little ghetto but once i get my cab mounted controls from 12voltguy itll be all good). but heads up, you wont be able to keep the lights in those spots with any winch and once you get it all mocked up i dont think that 7" hella will fit
Old 05-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #17

Hammerhead, I'm most def happy with the trail gear products. You can't beat the price for the sliders, rear bumper and front bumper. Adding the plates to the top gave it a nice look. Possibly mount an antenna in the future.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by newskooler View Post
the truck looks awesome man, i have an almost the exact same set up except the grille and the DC. if you dont mind doing a little bit of trimming a superwinch lp 8500 or 10500 fit really well minus the engagement handle. otherwise its an awesome winch for the price. i mounted the solenoid under the hood since the controller cable is long enough to be used within the cab.(a little ghetto but once i get my cab mounted controls from 12voltguy itll be all good). but heads up, you wont be able to keep the lights in those spots with any winch and once you get it all mocked up i dont think that 7" hella will fit

I was looking at the super winch 8500 with the synthetic rope set up or the engo. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a winch. I was worried about the light tabs getting in the way but if need be I'll cut off the tabs and either relocate them directly on the light bar or just drill a hole in the plates I added on the bumper it self. Let me know when you have your winch all mocked up. I would like to see pictures of it. Man you should start a build page with all the mods you have done.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:25 AM   #20
Mrs. EL TACOROJO
SWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWB Chick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dawn
SWB Chick's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!