Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

dezert mobbin, Budget Ballin Build!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #441
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Im running quite a bit of preload thats why i wanna step up like +100lbs.
Running like 2 1/4 inches or so of preload

Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #442
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah thats a lot of pre-load lol
Old 03-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #444
Banned
prerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud ofprerantaco has much to be proud of
prerantaco's Tacoma Gallery
yep lol. i think the 700s will be too much for you IMO.
650s would be what id go with

im 4 cylinder, 4wd, caged and i have 650s. i think they are perfect. i bet our front ends weigh close to the same.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #445
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
is that ride height? looks like your uniball is almost maxed out on down travel lol
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #446
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Subbed...
thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOC View Post
is that ride height? looks like your uniball is almost maxed out on down travel lol
hehe ya veryy little down travel hahah its cause i dont wanna sit stink bug! rear end sits to high! need to SUA! haha
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #447

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Going to Glamis on Thursday-Sunday. Been doing some prepping/ going over stuff on the truck before i take it out there. Solid mounted tranny (since engine mounts are), replaced both lower ball-joints and the passenger tie rod because they are pretty worn out (the driver side is still new). Also put the cold air intake on it not to long ago. To top it off, detailed it inside and out. Looks/runs great cant wait for the dunes!

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #448

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Glamis tomorow
Old 03-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #449

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
So the yesterday when i was driving home, i noticed my fuel gage was lower than it was when i had parked it. I made sure i was on level ground too so if it was just cause the angle i was at, but nope, the gage stayed so when i got home last night i started to just look and smell around the gas tank for gas. I smelt some gas at the bottom of the tank right around the area i smashed with a rock a while back.
(this spot, the dent has been pulled out and straghtened since the picture)

I remember it not having any leaks when i pulled the skid off of it. I figured i would pull the skid off real quick and just check, and there was a small leak right at the bottom!!

I JB welded it overnight and hopefully it will hold now

This also explains why my check engine light keeps popping up with a P0446 code (EVAP) because theres a leak in the tank. If the JB weld dont fix it, guess it's time for a fuel cell anyway?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #450
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks that your gas tank is leaking, but at least now you have an excuse for a fuel cell.

How was your trip to Glamis?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:26 PM   #451

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Aztacoma View Post
Sucks that your gas tank is leaking, but at least now you have an excuse for a fuel cell.

How was your trip to Glamis?
ya hopefully the JB weld does the job for now hah and Glamis was insane!!! As always! freakin loveee it! best trip ive ever had at glamis for sure. well offroading in general! was soo fun! FBGW !!!

Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM   #452

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Relocated my battery to the bed! should take a ton of weight/strain off the core support and keep it from crushing/cracking more. Used the trail gear optima battery box, came out super clean
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #453
05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Aztacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
05Aztacoma's Tacoma Gallery
When do you plan on going out to Sycamore again? If it's a Sunday I might roll out with you.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #454

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
so yesterday I did some wheelin and I was cruisin fast and hitting these flat slick dirt roads and driftin completely sideways at like 50-60mph and on like the last turn i slid it out to wide and my rear end clipped a tree then the bumper grabbed it and ripped it out the ground!! blew my tire off the bead too. sad day for the tacoma

Also while i was out there, i noticed my tank isnt holding gas at all and leaking very bad from the spot were its dented in. so this is a list of the parts im in search for:
-Either stock fuel tank and skid, or a fuel cell but i dont know if im better off stickin with a stock one or diggin into a fuel cell project.
-fiberglass bedsides 4.5" flare nothing to wide
-front fiberglass fenders 3.5" or 4.5" flare (I have 4.5" flare hannemans im willing to sell or trade)

If anyone can help me find links or suggest places to buy this stuff from for a good price, it will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #455
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/3697828481.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/pts/3697468918.html
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #456

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
saw those front fenders on craigs, know what brand those are? and those bedsides, idk how beat they are, but ill defineately check them out! thanks man!

EDIT: just texted the guy on the bedsides... sold em already hahah
Old 04-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #457
D SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of lightD SPAID is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Dylan
D SPAID's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
saw those front fenders on craigs, know what brand those are? and those bedsides, idk how beat they are, but ill defineately check them out! thanks man!
They look like glassworks. You could probably score those bedsides cheap. Fiberglass work isn't too hard
Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #458

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D SPAID View Post
They look like glassworks. You could probably score those bedsides cheap. Fiberglass work isn't too hard
ya bedsides are sold, and ya im leanin towards the look of glassworks, so those could be pretty sweeet.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #459
Because fuck you that's why...
Trigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
Trigo's Tacoma Gallery
How come you wanna trade the hannemans? Are the flat or round tops? And damn bro you need to slow down or get a cage lol
Old 04-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #460
Mr Nigel the 1st is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
Mr Nigel the 1st's Tacoma Gallery
Man you wheel hard. I like it!