Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

RMAN808's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #41
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
You just got new wheels a week ago, right?

Plus you still have you awesome blacked out stock wheels.

If it were me, I'd put the money towards the 01-04 conversion... then again I would convert it to a 95-97 front end which costs considerably less.

With the difference in cost you can also purchase sliders or other used tires.
I like your reasoning. I de-dipped my stock wheels a few weeks ago and as for the wheels I got last week, they don't fit right on my truck (I think) which causes rubbing and an unsolved problem with violent shaking at certain speeds pretty much driving me nuts
Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #42
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
sucks about the shakes with the new wheels! I would re-dip the wheels and get sick tires. That's probably what I'm gonna do- dip the wheels and get duratracs I think i saw the other wheels you're talking about on that tacoma on ksl- they look pretty dope. As for the conversion man, I like the look of your generation front end- looks sick- have you thought about getting a mesh grille and putting offroad lights behind it?? I've seen a few on here that look soo slick with that.

What's your timeline for sliders/bumpers??
Old 06-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #43
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
good looking nice rig.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #44
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
sucks about the shakes with the new wheels! I would re-dip the wheels and get sick tires. That's probably what I'm gonna do- dip the wheels and get duratracs I think i saw the other wheels you're talking about on that tacoma on ksl- they look pretty dope. As for the conversion man, I like the look of your generation front end- looks sick- have you thought about getting a mesh grille and putting offroad lights behind it?? I've seen a few on here that look soo slick with that.

What's your timeline for sliders/bumpers??
Yea the 99 front end isn't that bad, but I like the 01-04 more (especially when satoshi'd) And yes that is exactly what I plan on doing if I go that route.

And as for sliders and bumpers, as soon as I get the monies bro! I'd like to splurge on all my paychecks but that sure isn't a great idea I really like the look of a tube bumper on the 01-04 front ends though

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
good looking nice rig.
Thanks boss
Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #45
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Damn man! At first I didn't think much of the 95.5-97 front ends until I came upon your build. I'm pretty damn sure you just changed my mind! It looks sick as hell what you got here

I've been trying to tell you for weeks.

And it's so much cheaper of an endeavor.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've been trying to tell you for weeks.

And it's so much cheaper of an endeavor.
Haha

Haven't looked much into it, but his really opened my eyes like this And I automatically knew you were gonna get on me about it

**I was just curious**... SoI looked really quick on RockAuto at prices and stuff and some of the parts look the same as our body style (hood, fenders, corners). Are they the same? I know the grille, headlights, bumper, signals are def different.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #47
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha

Haven't looked much into it, but his really opened my eyes like this And I automatically knew you were gonna get on me about it

**I was just curious**... SoI looked really quick on RockAuto at prices and stuff and some of the parts look the same as our body style (hood, fenders, corners). Are they the same? I know the grille, headlights, bumper, signals are def different.
Yeah Still Will's satoshi grille is sick looking. So is jr97's... check his out, he even color matched the grille surround.

Are you talking about 95-97 body parts? In regards to a swap?

The bare minimum you will need to do the swap onto our trucks is:

Grille
Headlight assemblies
Headlight/bumper fillers

There's some debate whether or not you will need new corners. I am under the impression that you will.

I am also going to try and get away with keeping my 98 valence/bumper. If not then you need a 95-97 bumper and valence (two separate parts for those years)

You will not need a new hood or fenders
Old 06-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #48
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah Still Will's satoshi grille is sick looking. So is jr97's... check his out, he even color matched the grille surround.

Are you talking about 95-97 body parts? In regards to a swap?

The bare minimum you will need to do the swap onto our trucks is:

Grille
Headlight assemblies
Headlight/bumper fillers

There's some debate whether or not you will need new corners. I am under the impression that you will.

I am also going to try and get away with keeping my 98 valence/bumper. If not then you need a 95-97 bumper and valence (two separate parts for those years)

You will not need a new hood or fenders
Cool beans! I'll wait and see how yours comes out. I also saw that VirginiaBound might be doing his soon also
Old 06-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #49
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
I vote 01-04
Old 06-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #50
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I vote 01-04
Old 06-07-2012, 09:40 PM   #51
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sotashin FTMFW untill you hit a damn deer!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #52
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
theres a few guys trying to get the conversion front end done on here.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #53
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
theres a few guys trying to get the conversion front end done on here.
And are they all trying to ditch their 98-00 front ends???

Serious question though. Haha! From what I've seen, it looks like it.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #54
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yup!

you got it. same model as yours
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #55
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
If I do the swap, you think I can get away with no front bumper for a while? Just like yours without your tube bumper, bare from the fillers down. Still need hood, hood latch, fenders, and fillers. The parts I got so far:

Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #56

i have a lower plastic fender you can have. FO FREE
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #57
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit! you da man!

what part exactly is that?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #58

I dont see why you couldnt go bunperleas for a while, i did and loved the look! There are a few member without heir front bumpers!

& all uou guys doing the swap, if i get that 98 grill frome blake its seeming like it will be pointless cause no one will want that grill anymore if i put the time in to sotashi it...
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #59

Quote:
holy shit! you da man!

what part exactly is that?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:13 PM   #60
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
I dont see why you couldnt go bunperleas for a while, i did and loved the look! There are a few member without heir front bumpers!

& all uou guys doing the swap, if i get that 98 grill frome blake its seeming like it will be pointless cause no one will want that grill anymore if i put the time in to sotashi it...
How about the risk of rocks and shit hitting the lower part of the radiator?

And as for satoshi-ing, build it and sell it for a good amount. I'm sure as hell there are people who would want one since Homer doesn't make em. I only know of Fiolo and maybe one other

Products Discussed in this Thread