Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

RMAN808's Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
RMAN808's Build

RMAN808’s Build Thread

TacomaWorld FTMFW!!!

Here’s how it sits as of: 7/17/2013

Current Modifications:
Engine/Exhaust:
3.4L V6 PreRunner
Automatic
94,424 miles (when bought)
Rear Diff Locker
Magnaflow 14" w/ turndown before the axle (#11225)
4" Deck Plate Mod w/Screen

Interior:
Viper Security System
Kenwood HU with aux/usb/bluetooth
Scangauge II
Locking Glove Box Mod
Speedo needle mod (lime green)
White gauge faces
LED’s Cool white gauge cluster lights swap; dome light
Black 01-04 Center Console Swap
Black vinyl dyed shifter
Black painted shifter console/cig lighter panel
Broadway convex wide-angle rear view mirror
Blacked out door ajar lights
Bedlined floor trim
Walmart floor mats

Exterior:
Grillcraft MX Mesh Grille Insert
BAMF Behind The Grill Light Bar
Blitzpro 15S LED Lightbar
01-04 mirrors
Anzo Black Headlights
Philips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs
Clear signal lights
Black altezza tail lights
Custom tinted “Hawaii” 3rd brake light
Debadged SR5 and Tailgate
Plasti-dipped gas door key ring, DH plate frames
DupliColor Vinyl Dyed Front bumper and grille
Bedlined “pinch-weld”
Rustoleum bedlined rear bumper
Rhino Linings spray-on bed liner
Bug deflector
AVS In-channel window visors
Custom bedrack (inspired by Tacomarotto)
Yakima Loadwarrior basket
OEM Bed extender (black bedlined)
Pop & Lock Manual Tailgate Lock

Suspension:
OME 883 Coils
Bilstein 5100s all around
2" AAL

Wheels/Tires:
265/75R16 TreadWright Guard Dog's (Nitto Terra Grappler AT casings)
16 x 8.5" Level 8 Strike 6, Black

Decals:
Hawaii TRD bedside decals (Sockmonkey)
HiLife (custom version)
TacomaWorld.com
Backcountry.com
KCCO
In4mation “hi” on rear-view-mirror

Future Mods/Plans:
Hitch Receiver Shackle

Bone stock the day I picked it up off the lot (2/2012)

Photos of modifications:
Speedo needle mod

14" Magnaflow Muffler (#11225) dumped before the axle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmvO6...ature=youtu.be

Black altezza tails... Debadged tailgate and bedlined bumper

Custom 3rd Brake Light... HAAAAWWAAAAIIIIAANNNN

Rustoleum Bedlined OEM Bed Extender
Old 06-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
PICTARS!!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
RESERVED
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
Bash Fabriction & Off-Road
01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed01Tac0ma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
01Tac0ma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome so far!
Really like the bedrack too.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
right on man! build thread! finally.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
totes jelly of the bedrack!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
looking good!
digging the bedrack. i'm trying to find a yakima basket for a decent price
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build so far. Love your truck.

When you did the gauge cluster lights and needle mods, did you take the needles off or just paint them when they were on the gauge?

If you took them off, was it a pain in the ass to get them back on so that they were calibrated?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Tac0ma View Post
Looks awesome so far!
Really like the bedrack too.
Thanks man! Trying to be dope like your rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Lookin good man!
Thanks mike! I'll be waiting for your build thread to start up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
right on man! build thread! finally.
Haha no joke huh, Jon **props for the bed rack idea goes to YOU** Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
totes jelly of the bedrack!
Thanks bud! Yea I really like it too Big ups to Jon for the idea ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
looking good!
digging the bedrack. i'm trying to find a yakima basket for a decent price
Thanks bro! Yea if you can find a good deal on one, then don't hesitate to pull the trigger I paid $125 for mine and it came with 2 fog lights and mounts for a hi-lift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Nice build so far. Love your truck.

When you did the gauge cluster lights and needle mods, did you take the needles off or just paint them when they were on the gauge?

If you took them off, was it a pain in the ass to get them back on so that they were calibrated?
Thanks boss! Yes, I took all the needles off and scraped the orange off the backs and repainted with Walmart paint markers. The calibrating wasn't TOO bad but it was a little bit of a pain. Must have time and patience. Took me quite a bit of driving around and comparing speeds with a GPS to finally get it. Right now, I'm barely 1 mph off.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #12
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Mahalos bu! Now you finally got some real competition in my build it'll be nicer than yours!

hahahaha jus jokes! I saw your post on SoLowRider's build thread saying people have been telling you that
Old 06-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Mahalos bu! Now you finally got some real competition in my build it'll be nicer than yours!

hahahaha jus jokes! I saw your post on SoLowRider's build thread saying people have been telling you that
haha!!! brah these guys is UNREAL!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
haha!!! brah these guys is UNREAL!!!
No kidding! That's the first I've heard of people on TW thinking builds were a competition
Old 06-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #15
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
No kidding! That's the first I've heard of people on TW thinking builds were a competition
yea they can think whatever they want, but the funny part was they asked me for advice and had the nerve to tell me that afterwards lol.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #16
MatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatthewMay1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
MatthewMay1's Tacoma Gallery
When you had Plasit-Dipped wheels, did they hold up well? I'm considering doing that to my stock wheels but I don't know if it will last very long.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewMay1 View Post
When you had Plasit-Dipped wheels, did they hold up well? I'm considering doing that to my stock wheels but I don't know if it will last very long.
They actually lasted a couple months. My lack of patience when spraying it most likely resulted in when I ended up peeling em off. I think I did 2 thick coats and that's about it. Some spots started coming off due to crappy spray job and pressure washer at the car wash. I took them off because I was planning on doing it with real paint (Rustoleum High Perf. Enamel) but I just recently picked up some aftermarket wheels.

The key is to do several light coats so that it sticks good to the wheel and also will make it easier when removing. It was a bitch for me
Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
dweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddweezy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Interior Communications Electrician
Name: David
dweezy's Tacoma Gallery
i love that needle mod...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #19
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
dood me too but i feel like im gonna fuck something up
Old 06-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #20
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweezy View Post
i love that needle mod...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomarotto View Post
dood me too but i feel like im gonna fuck something up
Here you go fellas! http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...eedle-mod.html

Jon, it really isn't that bad. The only PITA is that you gotta have time and patience when trying to re-calibrate the needles I tried my best and got it to just around 1mph off.

Products Discussed in this Thread