1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The "Midget" Build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by BucksBandsBulls, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Jun 7, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    BucksBandsBulls

BucksBandsBulls [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Grants Pass Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2022 Electric Lime Tacoma TRD PRO
    Ceramic Tint
    So a couple months ago i was lucky enough to finally score an amazing deal on my dream truck...2001 Tacoma Extended Cab V6 TRD Manual w/160k....It definitely needed some work but the deal was too good to pass up...I got it for $3,400...The 4Lo would not engage and the front suspension was shot needing coils and shocks but at that price i really didnt care, i knew it could be fixed and i would still come out ahead...Plus the ARB bumper was just icing on the cake, more on that later

The Day i got her, filling her up and taking her home to "De-Cheddar" it in the A.M.

[​IMG]

Ok thats better
    [​IMG]

Had to take her to the Mtns for a little shed hunting trip as soon as i got her
    [​IMG]

At that point Moab TW meet was fast approaching and after meeting Btnewman from TW on here he came over and we drank a few beers and he did the grey wire mod for me while i was plastidipping the front grill...Well I wasnt having any luck with the 4Lo and it was looking like it was gonna be a P.I.T.A. to get working before Moab came, when Btnewman suggested i just drive my civic hatchback to moab and ride shotgun in his rig for the weekend..Seeing as i live in Grand Junction and moab is only like 2 hours away tops i decided what the hell, the money i save on gas getting there can be put towards more beer and food for the weekend...So i left the Taco at home and zipped down to moab...I pulled in right around last light and the looks i got from the people in BFE were priceless.. Here is a picture i took hunting with it for Archery Antelope last year in Northern Colorado
    [​IMG]

......Then after sitting around the campfire with a bunch of the guys from here talking trucks and shooting the shit i got a call from my good friend who lives with me and he was calling to inform me that some yahoo had just absolutely creamed my truck parked outside our house and ended up in the neighbors lawn with his front drivers side wheel ripped off...ARB FTW...especially since he tried to hit and run my buddy said but he couldnt go anywhere without his wheel...stopped him in his tracks....Cops were called and they got his information, Thank The Lord...Meanwhile im freaking out in moab, and the big joke around the campfire was "Dang i hope the dude didnt mess up your 4 wheel drive when he hit you"...So nothing much i could do at that point but put a few more cold ones back and leave in the morning to go handle all the crap with the insurance etc...

2. Jun 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    BucksBandsBulls

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Grants Pass Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ceramic Tint
    So i dealt with all the insurance crap and they ended up totaling out my truck. The guys insurance "Geico" ended up giving me $7,890 for mine and i got to keep my ARB bumper...I didnt even hassle them about the price cause while looking for another vehicle in preparation i found this beautiful 99' TRD 4x4 Manual in amazing condition and i swooped it up in a heart beat for $7,500 from a dealer in Parker, Colorado that had just put it up on EBAY 2 hours before i saw it...Dream Truck....Graduated high school in 1999 when this bad boy came out color and all and i could only dream of owning it at that point..Well it took me awhile but i finally got it. The fact this one came with one of my favorite toppers was another added bonus...Couldnt be any happier at this point..

[​IMG]

It came with this Westin grill guard and a set of PIAA lights which i will keep for the ARB

[​IMG]

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Jun 7, 2012 at 1:39 PM
    BucksBandsBulls

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Grants Pass Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ceramic Tint
    First order of business was to take off the Westin grill guard and put my ARB on this one...I debated on if i should wait till i did my suspension but decided it saved the whole side of my last truck from a stupid driver so i might as well protect this one...Plus i already put the grill guard and stock bumper on craigslist and i will just put the money towards a set of 882's and nitrochargers all around.

[​IMG]

Not as bad as i thought with the stock coils
    [​IMG]

4. Jun 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    Trucks looking good man! I've always liked that color too. Sorta bittersweet about the insurance stuff but it looks like you got the better of it in the end!

5. Jun 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM
    DarkShark

DarkShark Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clark
    Medford/Southern Oregon
    Vehicle:
    03 DCab 4wd
    Icons, Camburg and custom stuff......
    Wow man what a story and good looking truck.

I may have a set of nitro sports and 882s for sale with only 2k or less on them if your interested? I think Im getting a different setup.

6. Jun 10, 2012 at 7:52 AM
    BucksBandsBulls

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Grants Pass Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ceramic Tint
    man i will be all over those shocks and springs....and p.s., im originally from Grants Pass, my mom still lives there, small world

Products Discussed in

To Top