Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Trowbocop's SR5 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #41
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man, I'm fired up!

Might be gettin a FT job soon, interview's tomorrow

Will be able to afford moar upgrades soon!

Here's my list of order.

Tint the front windows again

Sound system: Amp and all new speakers- get rid of the box speakers in the back and cut out wall speakers and replace.

Billies all around + AAL (or if I can afford it, new leaf pack!)
Adjustable CO kit, not sure if I want 881's or Eibachs yet

Tires: Duratracs 265 75 16 on my stocker rims

CB

Bed rack

Satoshi + offroad lights

Bedliner in bed + toolbox

Front bumper + Winch + heavier coils

Rear bumper

Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #42
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of bed rack you looking into? Something like mine?
Old 07-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #44
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Something along those lines, probably higher up though, cause I need that rear visibility. I might end up with a RTT someday
Wowza! That sounds exciting for that RTT

And yea, I'm looking for places to see if I can find a nice price to fab up a bed rack just like mine but higher. I like the one I have and use my side views and whatever I can see over my shoulder, but when reversing and paralleling sometimes becomes a bother.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #45
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's what I always worry about- I use my rear view and look back way too much to take up that space.

Let me know where you find to fab that up! I might have a buddy that can hook you up- it's kind of hard for him to get free time (with a newborn and all) but he's looking to start his own fab business. I'm tradin him graphic design work for metal fab work right now

I'll holler at him to see if he will have time if you want.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #46
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's what I always worry about- I use my rear view and look back way too much to take up that space.

Let me know where you find to fab that up! I might have a buddy that can hook you up- it's kind of hard for him to get free time (with a newborn and all) but he's looking to start his own fab business. I'm tradin him graphic design work for metal fab work right now

I'll holler at him to see if he will have time if you want.
Yea, quite possibly. I actually went to get a quote at the same place that built my current one and they said it would cost about 5-6 times more Noooo thank you!! haha
Old 07-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #47
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post
Yea, quite possibly. I actually went to get a quote at the same place that built my current one and they said it would cost about 5-6 times more Noooo thank you!! haha
ahaha, how much if you don't mind? Also, what thickness/diameter of steel would you want?
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #48
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahaha, how much if you don't mind? Also, what thickness/diameter of steel would you want?
I paid about $120 for the one I have now and they quoted me $5-600 for a higher one (which I think is insane and maybe a rip... idk). And I think it's 1.25" diameter.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #49
Toyota Addict

That's a JOKE! No way man. He could prob fab you one up for like 3? I'm not sure what he would charge for labor, but how many feet of steel do you think it would take? Call Wasach Steel to get a quote of the materials. For those two long pieces of steel, a roll of wire feed and a wirebrush for my drill it was like 70 bucks. I bet you'd probably need 30ft, depending on how intricate you want the rack on top to be. Have any drawings of what you're thinkin?

I'm asking him now if he thinks he has time soon

EDIT: Just asked him, and he said: "Hell Yeah!"

So if you have a design, or want him to make one, let me know
Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #50
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a JOKE! No way man. He could prob fab you one up for like 3? I'm not sure what he would charge for labor, but how many feet of steel do you think it would take? Call Wasach Steel to get a quote of the materials. For those two long pieces of steel, a roll of wire feed and a wirebrush for my drill it was like 70 bucks. I bet you'd probably need 30ft, depending on how intricate you want the rack on top to be. Have any drawings of what you're thinkin?

I'm asking him now if he thinks he has time soon
Yea I'm guessing around 30 ft or so. My current one only needed 16 ft. And there really is no rush about it getting built. I'll actually hit you up if and when I decide to get another one fabbed up. I went to get that quote thinking it'd only be about $100 more than my current one but we'll see haha!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #51
Toyota Addict

Sounds good man, he's my go-to fab guy now. So he'll be around haha. With all of the utah members, I bet we alone could fuel his business
Old 07-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #52
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a plan!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #53
Toyota Addict

What do you think a fair price for that would be? What all options would you want included?

I'm so torn between a RTT rack or a topper and mounts for everything inside it's a joke. I want to be able to trust that nobody will jack stuff, but I'd like to be able to lock anything inside my bed ya know? It'll take up SO much room though when I don't want it on...Decisions decisions.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #55
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
That's bad ass bro! Congrats! I been down to their store once. I like that you shop the net there and have them just pull it up
Old 07-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #56
Toyota Addict

haha, for real. best way to get free shipping, chill and watch awesome footage on their tv's. I'm gonna be that guy to give gear either through the window or get the gear ready for shipment. Gettin gear at cost won't be too bad of an added bonus either
Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #57
S)(AKALO)(AWAII

RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm I'm kinda shopping around for some new shades

Hook a brotha up!!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #60
Weekend Warrior
Sparky36 has a spectacular aura aboutSparky36 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Donnie
Sparky36's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick bro. gettin there.

Products Discussed in this Thread