Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Trowbocop's SR5 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #161
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Moar lift, and wouldn't have to change them when I get more weight up front. But having the smoothest ride possible outweighed my desire for more lift- you don't have the problem that I read about- maxxing out the shocks and having a stiff ass ride that bounces/ slams, do you?
881's are the the same height as the 883's. FYI so they wouldn't give you more lift. Might handle more weight better but no more lift.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #163
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post

881s still merit about 2'' of lift on a truck with nothing up front. But 883s will give closer to 3'' on a truck with nothing up front.

883s are the way to go granted if you going to add anything later.
This was my rationale- I wont be getting a plate bumper for at least a few years...unless somebody hits me again

Up front I'm at 2.25, but plan on settling that .25-ish down to 2".

Rides so nice, I'm not upset. I didn't want to get new reinforced cv's yet, or have to worry about their angles too bad. I'll try to get some shots of it today, including cv angles. Diff drop is going in on saturday no matter what though.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:17 AM   #165
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
881's are the the same height as the 883's. FYI so they wouldn't give you more lift. Might handle more weight better but no more lift.

Well technically the 883s would give you more lift, because they don't sag to the lower level that the 881s will...

Since they are stiffer, they stay higher- might not settle as low as the 881s, and handle weight better and not settle as low. Hence- moar lift
Old 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #166
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to tell you 883 are the wrong choice. Just pointing out the specs. Without question if you plan on adding a bunch of weight to the front of the truck the 883 are the way to go. Personally I prefer similar lift height but a softer ride so I went with the 882s which IS the only way to go.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #167
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
If you need help I've got experience on putting the diff drop in. There's not much to it but hit me up if ya need me
Old 12-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #168
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Not trying to tell you 883 are the wrong choice. Just pointing out the specs. Without question if you plan on adding a bunch of weight to the front of the truck the 883 are the way to go. Personally I prefer similar lift height but a softer ride so I went with the 882s which IS the only way to go.
I really like the way they handle- and if/when I do add the extra weight, I'll adjust my coils accordingly. It will be years before I get my bumper/winch combo probably, so I figured do what's best for the time being, and fix it later if need be. Coils are only $160, but need to assemble them myself in the future- which won't be too big of a deal.

EDIT: Also- coil rates are a whole different ballgame when it comes to extended cabs vs double cabs
Old 12-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #169
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobrien View Post
If you need help I've got experience on putting the diff drop in. There's not much to it but hit me up if ya need me
From what I've heard and researched it's not too hard. But would always like experience on my team. We're going to do it next Saturday morning at my spot in Long Beach, if you're interested. PM me for more details. Going to be putting cbassd's lca skid plates on, and my aals too. If you want to wrench on your truck too, I'm game.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #170
Toyota Addict

Here are some bad phone pics

Wow, the new iPhone does horrible in lower light conditions. All my previous photos before lift were taken with my droid x2, and they weren't this bad....sorry, dont have a sick dslr
Old 12-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #171
Toyota Addict

Put on my AALs today!

Lost that so cal bro lean haha

Before

After

Final measurements gained:
Front: +2.25

Rear: +.5 from stock shocks and leafs, +2 from OME shocks and stock leafs to OME shocks and leafs +aal

Rides very nice, and I'm loving the stance
Old 12-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #172
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Looks like sex!
Thanks! Rides like secks too
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #173
Toyota Addict

Ran Cleghorn today with a few guys

Was a sweet trail, I'll upload my photos, then if they upload any of me- I'll toss em in here too.

It was nice to test my new suspension out

Old 12-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #174
Toyota Addict

Thanks guys...I know..I know, the pics are out of this world...and I'm sure everybody cares about my truck..

Oh wait.. my build is boring haha

Someday I'll make some money to make it interesting

After I pay off a little bit of debt, next on my list are cb setup, rock lights, and behind the grill lights.

The following big ticket items are leafs & skids. The last two things on my list are either a bedrack with rtt or topper with racks.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #175
Toyota Addict

Ordered CB setup just now!

The CB I ended up with is the Midland 1001LWX 40 Channel with ANL, RF Gain, PA and Weather Scan.

Ordered the Cobra HG S500 Highgear CB Speaker too.

Firestick II 4ft Tunable Tip Antenna

Last thing I ordered today was my 18' Coax Cable.

Only things remaining to order are my mount to put it in the gap on driver side of hood, and a quick release- along with a spring.

Stoked
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #176
cbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to all

Name: sebastian
cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Ordered CB setup just now!

The CB I ended up with is the Midland 1001LWX 40 Channel with ANL, RF Gain, PA and Weather Scan.

Ordered the Cobra HG S500 Highgear CB Speaker too.

Firestick II 4ft Tunable Tip Antenna

Last thing I ordered today was my 18' Coax Cable.

Only things remaining to order are my mount to put it in the gap on driver side of hood, and a quick release- along with a spring.

Stoked

nice,,, damn dude 18' is a lot i got a 10' and i still have extra,,, the longer the cable the worse the signal gets
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #178
cbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to allcbassd is a name known to all

Name: sebastian
cbassd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha not true. I have 18' and can hear people from like 3-5 miles away..

But for mounting on the hood. Probably coulda gone with a 10'
ohh fer sure i guess i shouldnt always believe what someone tells me haha i just got my cb installed today and almost did it with a 20' but bought a 10' instead cause proforce said that but luckily i bought a 10' cause 20' would have been way to long
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #180
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Haha not true. I have 18' and can hear people from like 3-5 miles away..

But for mounting on the hood. Probably coulda gone with a 10'
For sure, I was somewhat undecided on placement when I ordered. I figured if I put mine right behind the cab, or on the rear bumper, I'd get less of a signal- as opposed to up on the hood somewhere.

I'm slightly concerned that the antenna floppin around on the hood will annoy me though...

Products Discussed in this Thread