Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

2002 Extra Cab Build: TONKA

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, real clean truck! I'll be waiting to see what's in store!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. I'm planning on the same lift set-up you went with- what did that run you if you don't mind?? I'm trying to set up my budget right now. Also, those weather techs are SWEET I have never seen them installed- they look like they fit great.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
cmm275 will become famous soon enough

Name: Chris
cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Great looking truck. I'm planning on the same lift set-up you went with- what did that run you if you don't mind?? I'm trying to set up my budget right now. Also, those weather techs are SWEET I have never seen them installed- they look like they fit great.
I got everything from wheelers offroad. The 5100's front and back were roughly 300 total. The aal was 77 I think. And the diff drop was 25 bucks. Came out to be like 440. Totally worth it though. The shocks are amazing even with the stiffness from the preloaded coil and the extra leaf.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Awesome, thanks man! Looks like I'll be able to hop on that by August

I'm planning on getting the Duratracs- from my research they seem great and the most aggressive looking. The bfg a/t's also look great- I see tons of trucks rolling around with those. I see you're looking into each of those as well. It's my dd, so I probably won't go with mud terrains.

Do you plan on throwing on rims too? What width are you running currently?
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Awesome, thanks man! Looks like I'll be able to hop on that by August

I'm planning on getting the Duratracs- from my research they seem great and the most aggressive looking. The bfg a/t's also look great- I see tons of trucks rolling around with those. I see you're looking into each of those as well. It's my dd, so I probably won't go with mud terrains.

Do you plan on throwing on rims too? What width are you running currently?
Yeah my truck is my daily driver too so it would probably be a good idea to not do the mud terrains.

My wheels have actually grown on me. I don't know if I will even change them out. My tires are currently 265/70/16s. Want to go up to either 265/75 or 285/75. Don't know yet. If you were asking about he wheel width I have no clue what it is.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmm275 View Post
Yeah my truck is my daily driver too so it would probably be a good idea to not do the mud terrains.

My wheels have actually grown on me. I don't know if I will even change them out. My tires are currently 265/70/16s. Want to go up to either 265/75 or 285/75. Don't know yet. If you were asking about he wheel width I have no clue what it is.
Nice, well- how wide of tire can you fit on the same rims of 265?? If possible I'd also like to go 285 75, but was just really planning on going 265 75 because I doubt the same rim can have wider?? I'm not positive though...

BTW: your rims do look nice with all of your chrome
Old 06-14-2012, 09:12 AM   #9

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice, well- how wide of tire can you fit on the same rims of 265?? If possible I'd also like to go 285 75, but was just really planning on going 265 75 because I doubt the same rim can have wider?? I'm not positive though...

BTW: your rims do look nice with all of your chrome
That's what I thought at first. I think it just depends on the wheel and what tire width range it can support. I know I have seen guys on here that go from a 265 to a 285 and don't get new wheels. I think I have seen guys mount a 285 on stock wheels too.

Oh and I am always considering painting all of the chrome on the bumpers black. Just haven't got around to it.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #10
Toyota Addict

Quote:
That's what I thought at first. I think it just depends on the wheel and what tire width range it can support. I know I have seen guys on here that go from a 265 to a 285 and don't get new wheels. I think I have seen guys mount a 285 on stock wheels too.

Oh and I am always considering painting all of the chrome on the bumpers black. Just haven't got around to it.
Really?? I'll search and see if I can find anybody that has done that, because.. I'd definitely do that if I'm not required to buy wheels haha.

Yeah, I got rid of all of my chrome- it was driving me crazy getting all messed up by salt. I'm either going to plasti dip or rust-oleum bedline my wheels today- not sure which. I've got tons of dip, but might want a more permanent job.

I'll post an update if I find 285's on stockers
Old 06-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #11

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really?? I'll search and see if I can find anybody that has done that, because.. I'd definitely do that if I'm not required to buy wheels haha.

Yeah, I got rid of all of my chrome- it was driving me crazy getting all messed up by salt. I'm either going to plasti dip or rust-oleum bedline my wheels today- not sure which. I've got tons of dip, but might want a more permanent job.

I'll post an update if I find 285's on stockers
Here is a thread on the 285s. One of the guys has them on stock wheels. It seems like if you are gonna run 285s they are gonna rub and wheel spacers are necessary.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...285s-265s.html

How did your wheels turn out?
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
Toyota Addict

Quote:
Here is a thread on the 285s. One of the guys has them on stock wheels. It seems like if you are gonna run 285s they are gonna rub and wheel spacers are necessary.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...285s-265s.html

How did your wheels turn out?
Nice find. It seems like they will fit, so I might just end up with wheel spacers and stocker rims for a while.

I got two done, threw on spare and snow to get me by tonight- they were still way wet when it got dark, so I didn't want to mess em up immediately by putting them back on. I'll finish em up tmrw and take some pics- they looks SWEET compared to stock color already- can't wait to get em on
Old 06-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #13

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Installed a magnaflow muffler and black grill surround. I put the pics and info into my original post.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
Voyager is on a distinguished road

Army: retired Army officer
Name: Bob
Voyager's Tacoma Gallery
Chris,

You have an incredible ride. Great selection of aftermarket components.

Regarding your Magnaflow 18" Muffler. Did you clamp the Magnaflow muffler to the EOM 2.25” piping or did you have a shop install new cat to tailpipe tubing?

I am debating whether to get a catback system (magnaflow part # 15811) or just change out the OEM muffler for an new muffler (5x8x18 Magnaflow).

Current exhaust system is in good shape, but I want a bit more rumble.

Bob

Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #15

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Chris,

You have an incredible ride. Great selection of aftermarket components.

Regarding your Magnaflow 18" Muffler. Did you clamp the Magnaflow muffler to the EOM 2.25” piping or did you have a shop install new cat to tailpipe tubing?

I am debating whether to get a catback system (magnaflow part # 15811) or just change out the OEM muffler for an new muffler (5x8x18 Magnaflow).

Current exhaust system is in good shape, but I want a bit more rumble.

Bob

Thanks. I had a shop weld it in and all they had to do was add in a small piece of extra pipe since the magnaflow is a bit shorter than the oem one. But other than that, the 2.25 inch pipe matches right up. I didn't find it necessary to do the entire cat back since all I would be paying for is pipes.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #16

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Installed OME 883 coils up front. Added in to first post.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #18
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great build. Seems like you have really done your research and invested many hours to digging around TacomaWorld : )

Everything is done really well.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #19

cmm275's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Taco View Post
Great build. Seems like you have really done your research and invested many hours to digging around TacomaWorld : )

Everything is done really well.
Thanks for the feedback. I think "many hours" is an understatement when it comes to how much time I have spent on here.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #20
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
How do you find the 5100 and 883's? Stiff as hell or not bad?

Products Discussed in this Thread