LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

CollegeTacoma's "Low Budget Colorado Build"

Old 06-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
CollegeTacoma's "Low Budget Colorado Build"

My Build thread.
Currently was overcame by the blackout bug and it spread...quickly..

As it sits now

Mods/Changes

Interior:
Pioneer head unit with Ipod integration.
Kenwood Speakers
Keyless Entry
All Weather Floor Mats

Exterior:
Painted black 2nd gen emblems
All black grill with color matched grill emblem.
Painted black chrome bumper pieces
Painted black door handles
Painted black rear bumper
Sockmonkey TRD Decal
Window Tint Matched to rears
Tinted Tails
Stubby Antenna mod
Black exhaust tip

Wheels and Tires:
FJ Wheels Powder coated black with color matched lug nuts and center caps on stock 2nd Gen Dunlops.
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
So here it goes... I convinced my parents to buy this wholesale from the dealer after test driving it before it went through their shop. They paid $6500 out the door. The truck was in real good condition with like 161,xxx on it. A local one owner who had done all his maintenance at the dealer (Which they provided) Had just had its service. I drove it to school for about a quarter of the year putting 2000 ish on it...maybe. Then it sat all year. A year later and my old truck is gone I came asking for the truck I planned on driving a year ago.

Truck Details: It is a 1999 Access Cab with the 3.4L V6. It has the rear locker and of course 4x4 (A Colorado Must)

The only thing I had done in the last year was black out the emblems with good old Plasti-Dip.
Here it is the day I "Claimed it" as we are still waiting on a final price from Mom and Dad.

No the engine light is not on haha, The key was just turned on.

Now on to the things that it needed. Aside from some paint that I touched up last year I found that the passenger tail light housing was cracked, the valance was dented in and repainted, the grill had started to crack on one of the clips (probably due to age) the passenger rear fender flare is very shot, and the driver side corner was loose. The driver side window went out when I was driving to college (Paid $100 for the stealership to get the window up and disconnect it ) The original owner also rattle canned the grill emblem black and that started to fade. Lastly it has three very good tread tires and one that needs to be replaced soon . Call me thorough but thats what the truck has wrong with it haha.

So I started to go to work replacing parts.

So far I replaced the corners and the grill which is all black. I also removed the black paint off the grill emblem and color matched it before re install.
I also went ahead and "De-chromed" the bumper with Plasti-Dip. I also put on Sockmonkey emblems instead of the factory TRD ones.

Before:

After:

The valance is on order and I still need to do order my tails but then the only fixing that is left would be the window (Scheduled for Friday) And to decide what to do on the fender flares since they are nearly impossible to find at a decent price)

Feel free to leave suggestions etc I appreciate all the info that you guys bring.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
Removed Fender Flares and Front mud flaps. both for sale. May sell rears as well.
As it sits now.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
Been doing quite a bit of work but just haven't taken recent pics or updated until I was all done inside the garage.

Replaced Tails, Replaced Valance, Removed emblems from sides and tail gate and painted the bumper black.
No more chrome other then the Ball on the bumper haha, and the rims which may get done tomorow....

Updated pictures....

Old 06-22-2012, 09:54 PM   #5
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
Been doing quite a bit of work but just haven't taken recent pics or updated until I was all done inside the garage.

Replaced Tails, Replaced Valance, Removed emblems from sides and tail gate and painted the bumper black.
No more chrome other then the Ball on the bumper haha, and the rims which may get done tomorow....

Updated pictures....

Nice, keep up the good work!
Old 06-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #6
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, it's clean looking.
Old 06-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib Bandits View Post
Get SASsy with it.
Haha man that is a project I'm not ready for.

Thanks guys for the comments guys
Old 06-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
01-04 center console/cup holder upgrade

Just sayin....
Old 06-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
01-04 center console/cup holder upgrade

Just sayin....
Haha , Want to find me a brown one?
you are a big fan of that mod arent you?
Old 06-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #11
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It took me two years to find mine, you're on your own

And I do love this mod. I always have coffee or water on me at all times. Starting from a stop or stopping... mug/bottle falls over. Countless spills... swearing at the engineers that came up with that POS design.

And I won't even talk about how crappy the holders are when you're wheeling.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
It took me two years to find mine, you're on your own

And I do love this mod. I always have coffee or water on me at all times. Starting from a stop or stopping... mug/bottle falls over. Countless spills... swearing at the engineers that came up with that POS design.

And I won't even talk about how crappy the holders are when you're wheeling.
Haha, I guess I don't drink much while I am driving.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
Painted my wheels black and color matched the lug nuts.

Another before/ After Pic

Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #14
Had keyless entry installed today
Old 06-29-2012, 09:42 PM   #15
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6111A in training
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Had keyless entry installed today
Where from and how much?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Where from and how much?
I had it done by a local "Mom and Pop" shop that I trust in my hometown for 177. Are you on the west slope?
Old 06-30-2012, 05:55 AM   #17
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6111A in training
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had it done by a local "Mom and Pop" shop that I trust in my hometown for 177. Are you on the west slope?
Im in colorado springs
Old 07-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
Ah I see, I called alot of other places while I was waiting for an opening here. Best Buy has pretty good prices. I think 30 less then what I got and I think there system they installed was eiether viper or python. I'd check there. You also have alot more places that can do it because you have alot higher population then I do haha
Old 07-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #19

Quote:

You're a rebel... the panel clearly says to use fresh air when in defrost mode, yet...

Nice build so far.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Painted my wheels black and color matched the lug nuts.
What paint did you use for the wheels? And is if flat?

And what paint did you use to color match the lugs? That's a nice little touch.