Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

my build

Old 06-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Name: ADRIEL
yotanation29's Tacoma Gallery
my build

I got a 98 trd, im the second owner this is what it came with when i got it, but theres much more to come!!
icon coilovers, all pro upper control arms, flat black paint job, big brake kit, 33 bfg's, clarion in dash nav, and a 4.7L V8 (lexus gx470)

Old 06-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck dude! Do you have a high clearance rear bumper as well?

I'm sure that 4.7 makes that truck haul some serious ass!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sick build man! Looks great!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #4
yotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the roughyotanation29 is a jewel in the rough

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
any more info on the engine swap
No sorry. All I know is it came from a Lexus qx470. The guy I bought it from had it installed about a year ago. It runs great though and you can feel the power difference
Old 06-17-2012, 10:24 PM   #5
whitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

whitetaco01's Tacoma Gallery
I thought i remember seeing that build swap somewhere...
Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetaco01 View Post
I thought i remember seeing that build swap somewhere...
Pretty sure the OP posted a thread with pre-purchase questions.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #7

Navy:
Yeah I definitely did, it was an extremely sketchy buy but everything seems legit so far so hopefully I don't jinx it by saying that
Old 06-18-2012, 02:43 AM   #8
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Need more pics of the 4.7 in that bad boy!!

And I spy spacers on top of those Icons

Get rid of those ASAP...thats a lot of lift...lots of stress on your CV's and the rest of the IFS!

Plus kinda counter productive to have $1200 coilovers and $500 UCA's and run spacers anyways...lol.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMX View Post

Get rid of those ASAP...thats a lot of lift...lots of stress on your CV's and the rest of the IFS!

Plus kinda counter productive to have $1200 coilovers and $500 UCA's and run spacers anyways...lol.
x2 on all of that especially the engine swap! it'd be great too if you can do 0-60 times in ur truck, maybe dyno?
Old 06-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I also spy a sway bar with missing links....just rip that bitch out
Old 06-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #11

Navy:
Quote:

That's what I was thinking it looked like but it's not high enough to have both, I thought maybe it just looked weird? I don't have the stuff to take it apart to make sure. If anyone in SoCal is running icons let me know so we can take it apart. I'll bring the beer and pizza
Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #12

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotanation29 View Post
That's what I was thinking it looked like but it's not high enough to have both, I thought maybe it just looked weird? I don't have the stuff to take it apart to make sure. If anyone in SoCal is running icons let me know so we can take it apart. I'll bring the beer and pizza
I am 10000% sure there is a spacer in there. I have donnahoe coilovers (same as icon) and I can say that with certainty.

See how thin the upper plate is:

Its easy. Just unbolt the 3 bolts at the top of the shock tower, then unbolt the Lower shock bolt, pull the icons, then unbolt the spacer at the top plate of the icons via the three bolts that hold it on...then reinstall the icons.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #13

Navy:
I know how to take them out easy, but I do not have a jack or stands. And maybe I can extend the shocks more, with the icon spanner wrench because it looks like a 3.5" lift maybe even just 3 with the spacer in. Because my 285's are rubbing when I turn, and on my old FJ my 285 ran perfect with the 3.5" icons
Old 06-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #14
kevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant futurekevinthefawker has a brilliant future

kevinthefawker's Tacoma Gallery
You might want to get coilovers rebuilt and upgrade to better springs to handle the extra weight of that swap. That is probably why the spacer in there
Old 06-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #15
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
definetly take the spacers out. Maybe just crank the coil overs further to achieve the same lift?
and lets see some videos/pictures of that engine!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #16
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
v8 in a tacoma frame? thats just sweet love.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #17

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove_taco_ma View Post
v8 in a tacoma frame? thats just sweet love.
And it's a lexus (Toyota) motor
Old 06-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #18
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Spacers are out!

Quote:
I also spy a sway bar with missing links....just rip that bitch out
Sway bar nuts are tack welded in we couldnt remove them tonight!

Quote:
And it's a lexus (Toyota) motor
That engine is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #19

Navy:
took of the spacers and adding pics of dual magnaflow exhaust i forgot to add earlier. 0-60 video with the v8 soon to come

Old 06-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #20

TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
sweet!!^^^