Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Which Shift knob to get??

View Poll Results: Which shift knob should I get?
trd leather ball 3 9.38%
obx carbon fiber shift knob 4 12.50%
trd leather knob 8 25.00%
trd carbon fiber ball 10 31.25%
Other/ None they're all ugly 7 21.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Which Shift knob to get??

Which shift knob do you guys like the best? My interior is all tan and I plan to get a black 4x4 transfercase knob to match but it would be the start of an interior upgrade...

trd leather ball- $23

obx knob $37 but 15 from a fellow TW member

trd auto looking gear shifter - $30.95

trd 5 speed ball carbon fiber- $46

Old 07-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
I have the TRD Leather wrapped and the carbon fiber print thing in the middle gets ridiculously hot during the summer but other than that it is pretty comfortable in my hand.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
if moneys not a factor then this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Honda-Ty...df5aa5&vxp=mtr

Old 07-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Pick based on which one feels better in your hand.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
(no homo) this ^

I have large hands and the TRD leather shift knob (3rd in your pics) I got feels great in my hand. The stock one was too small.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
I have the TRD Leather wrapped and the carbon fiber print thing in the middle gets ridiculously hot during the summer but other than that it is pretty comfortable in my hand.
Thanks for the pick of it in your truck man, Good info on it too.. Mom actually wanted me to get that one haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Cool looking shifter man, But, I wouldn't think I would drop that, especially since it is a 6 sp knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Definiately an important factor, I have big hands too and have never had anything but the stock so I wouldn't know. Just have to go off recomendations. I hear the ball ones are pretty good except for heat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
(no homo) this ^

I have large hands and the TRD leather shift knob (3rd in your pics) I got feels great in my hand. The stock one was too small.

I saw it in your build thread and would have to do my 4x4 knob too haha. I just threw that up there and forgot to add (One of the guys I talk to alot on here (thats you Madjik) has this knob and I would be copying him for sure lol not a bad price on it though
Old 07-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Get the one you like.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Get the one you like.
I was just looking for suggestions and opinions. Ultimately I will choose but I have no idea.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
I was just looking for suggestions and opinions. Ultimately I will choose but I have no idea.
No problem man. I have pretty big hands (I'm about 6ft tall) and it fits well in my palm, but like I said, I get out of work or on lunch and its been baking in the sun for awhile and i have to grab from the side.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobell007 View Post
No problem man. I have pretty big hands (I'm about 6ft tall) and it fits well in my palm, but like I said, I get out of work or on lunch and its been baking in the sun for awhile and i have to grab from the side.
Man, I think I would have a reflective windshield cover on at most times and tint done thursday... and I think most of these would bake in the sun IMO but it is definately something to think about.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
This is mine, on loan from my older brother. This has been on every hot rod he has owned since he bought it in the 60's.
I am skeptical on the horizontal ones.. Reminds me of the Charger in the Fast and the Furious haha but I don't think my truck is at that things level lol
Old 07-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Small and Tall

Quote:
I am skeptical on the horizontal ones.. Reminds me of the Charger in the Fast and the Furious haha but I don't think my truck is at that things level lol
Lol. My friend has one in his jeep and it is actually really nice to shift with once you get use to holding it. It definitely has a different feel, but I like shifting with it
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Had mine custom made by Coupe.. Sorry about the crappy phone pic

Thats sick haha. Where did you get it?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #16
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats sick haha. Where did you get it?
One of the members here, his screen name is Coupe. He has alot of group buys on XR-U and here for them.. you can get them weighted on non.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Hows the weight on the first one? I'm looking for a nice heavy one
Ive only seen them online so I couldn't tell you unless I looked up the weight haha
Old 07-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
These arn't to bad.. mine came with the OBX pedels and shife knob

Do you have pictures?