Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

VLine's Build

Old 07-08-2012, 05:40 AM   #1
My other truck is a Warthog
VlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to all

VlineSci09's Tacoma Gallery
VLine's Build

Ive had my 03' for 5 years now and alot of the (important) things I have done to it are b/c of TW. I wanted to have a sweet build thread and this is going to fall short. I should have alot more pictures of the truck than I do but will continue to get more. Whats cool about the builds on here is the step by step process from start to finish, with emphasis on the suspension IMO. Unfortunately (too scared i guess) I missed out on one of the best parts about buying a lift, DIY.... Toyota installed my OME lift but on the bright side one of the guys working on it owns an 02' 4runner and wants the spacer lift I originally had.

This is it now

List of things I have spent money on: starting with the first to present.
Pre- Tacoma World
Tinted windows with front window tint strip ( a must)
2'' spacer up front and 265/75/16 BFG AT
ERG ( i think) in-channel window deflector
Raider vagabond topper
Replaced silver trd badge with black (idea credited to a friends silver 04' trd)
K & N CAI and 1'' rear block
After joining TW:
Dipped front emblem
Deckplate mod and still waiting to do grey wire mod but i have the $2 in needed parts
Wet Okole seat covers through group buy
OME complete lift kit. 881 coils with 10mm enhancer kit, nitro charger sports, dakars, rear BPV relocate kit

Going from the spacer lift to OME was an awesome upgrade and when I went to pick it up I had to look twice to notice the new stance. It is noticable though, I went up about 1 3/8'' in front and 7/8'' rear. Kinda surprised the rear didnt come up more but I am not complaining, although I do have slight bro-lean. Really makes me want to take off topper for awhile. I wanted the 10mm enhancer kit for down the road once the coils break in and settle which is pry causing the lean. Anyways the ride is sweet, I have no vibes and it tracks good.

Future things to do, that may not happen for awhile:
BAMF sliders
rear bumper (make unknown)
TG low profile bumper
I really want the front bumper so I can throw on some extra lights, probably 2 hellas (model unknow)
Grey wire mod so I can throw some snow and occasional mud

Cant think of much else now, but I will fill in the blanks and add anything note-worthy when I can. Thanks to anyone who I've asked for tips or advice on things!

Random pics that I will work on getting more of...

This is with the spacer lift and a good old power washing
to show that paint... I have quite a few rock chips and some other scratches, looks good from this distance tho

Lift on and had to see some flex

Wet Okole, Taupe/black, and the mistakenly-given? free? center console cover

Deckplate

Short and unchallenging trail to an overlook on my way to work in ND. Grey wire mod could have been utilized...

My two favorite possessions

Thanks for looking!
Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Dude... I love your truck.

Are you still running stock tires after the OME lift? I love that stance the tires look great with it.

Also I'd be interested in your front bumper if/when you get your new one. Assuming that's a match to my Sunfire Red Pearl. I know they didn't make SRP for the 01-04 but I thought whatever they named your color is actually the same.

Anyway, beautiful truck. Well done mods
Old 07-09-2012, 03:07 AM   #3
VlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to allVlineSci09 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Dude... I love your truck.

Are you still running stock tires after the OME lift? I love that stance the tires look great with it.

Also I'd be interested in your front bumper if/when you get your new one. Assuming that's a match to my Sunfire Red Pearl. I know they didn't make SRP for the 01-04 but I thought whatever they named your color is actually the same.

Anyway, beautiful truck. Well done mods
Thanks Madjik,

The tires are 265/75/16 in all of the few pics i currently have. Im happy with the stance right now too. The BFG are the first nice tire ive bought and I think Ill get them again. KM2s would be on there but I cant justify a M/T for all the highway i drive.
Yeah the front bumper is definitely an if right now. Its impule red and i bet the match would be good but not great. Looks like an excuse to come down to CO and find out!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sportsterchop200's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, I like the sleeper stock looking appearence.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
Looks good, I like the sleeper stock looking appearence.
Thanks sportster. That's what I wanted the truck to be. A mix of stock and slightly agressive. It's no expo rig but it's not stock either. Perfect for my needs. I wish it was sleeper under the hood

Hopin to get some more pics in a couple weeks, going to Wyoming and I want to get some trails in to balance out all this highway bullshit. Probably won't be putting any more $ towards upgrades soon but pics for sure
Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #6
sportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsportsterchop200 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Whats the length from ground to the center of your front fender. I just put 881's with 10mm JK spacer on mine and was curious how accurate my lift measurements are. Mine shows 38" with 265/70-16.

Also if you're intrested you can post some pictures on this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-pictures.html
Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #7
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VlineSci09 View Post
Thanks Madjik,

The tires are 265/75/16 in all of the few pics i currently have. Im happy with the stance right now too. The BFG are the first nice tire ive bought and I think Ill get them again. KM2s would be on there but I cant justify a M/T for all the highway i drive.
Yeah the front bumper is definitely an if right now. Its impule red and i bet the match would be good but not great. Looks like an excuse to come down to CO and find out!
I drive 90% highway with a 33/12.5/15 km2 and I have a 4 cylinder and they quiet honestly and the handle very well, I have 10k on them, they come with 19/32s and I still have 18/32s of tread left on them
Get them you won regret it !
Old 07-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsterchop200 View Post
Whats the length from ground to the center of your front fender. I just put 881's with 10mm JK spacer on mine and was curious how accurate my lift measurements are. Mine shows 38" with 265/70-16.

Also if you're intrested you can post some pictures on this thread.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-pictures.html
I will have to double check on that one. I'll get back to u thur or fri. Ground to center wheel well is what I've looked at- about 38 3/4". Is that what you are doing too?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
I drive 90% highway with a 33/12.5/15 km2 and I have a 4 cylinder and they quiet honestly and the handle very well, I have 10k on them, they come with 19/32s and I still have 18/32s of tread left on them
Get them you won regret it !
I will consider them because I do like variety and they just look badass. Favorite tread pattern for sure. Duratracs were my next go to but I have seen them more now and I don't like the look but I bet they bite good. Oh well. Have u had the km2 on any snowpack or rain/ice? Comparable to A/T traction in those conditions u think?

Thanks man
Old 07-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #10
Quote:
I will have to double check on that one. I'll get back to u thur or fri. Ground to center wheel well is what I've looked at- about 38 3/4". Is that what you are doing too?
Yeah thats what I was asking. I figured yours would be about an inch higher because you have 265/75 where I only have 265/70.

Thanks
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Rain not one problem with traction, I've and snow not here in south Texas, well actually Ice yeah they're decent no tire is excellent in I've but they're pretty well overall everything
Old 07-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Rain not one problem with traction, I've and snow not here in south Texas, well actually Ice yeah they're decent no tire is excellent in I've but they're pretty well overall everything
Sounds good man. How does the 6 ply hold up in Texas?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
looks good nice rzr
Thanks boss. Solid build on your part. The rims and tires are sweet. IMO they are the best looking stock wheels painted up and I might be able to get my hands on some from a friend. If I do, probably going to use duplicolor. Any other recommendation?
Old 07-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks boss. Solid build on your part. The rims and tires are sweet. IMO they are the best looking stock wheels painted up and I might be able to get my hands on some from a friend. If I do, probably going to use duplicolor. Any other recommendation?
Nice! I used krylon flat black. Worked really well. All I did was clean them up with SOS pads and painted them. Its holding up great
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
sean english is on a distinguished road
sean english's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I am new to the forum and have a great Tacoma but dont know a whole lot about it. Got a couple of questions regarding air filter. Mine looks like yours. I dont think its stock. Now today I was checking it out and noticed that on the filter it gives directions to take it out, wash it and oil it and put it back. My Haynes doesnt say anything about that.
Also, in the picture of your air filter, i see that You have opened the round cap infront of the mount. Mine has an arrow and says open. I tried to twist it and see if it does open. It didnt. and I didnt even know why it should open as i think air filter sucks air from the side (passenger side) Can you tell me why you have yours open? How can I open mine?
Attached Thumbnails
VLine's Build-dscn0057.jpg  
Old 07-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean english View Post
Hey I am new to the forum and have a great Tacoma but dont know a whole lot about it. Got a couple of questions regarding air filter. Mine looks like yours. I dont think its stock. Now today I was checking it out and noticed that on the filter it gives directions to take it out, wash it and oil it and put it back. My Haynes doesnt say anything about that.
Also, in the picture of your air filter, i see that You have opened the round cap infront of the mount. Mine has an arrow and says open. I tried to twist it and see if it does open. It didnt. and I didnt even know why it should open as i think air filter sucks air from the side (passenger side) Can you tell me why you have yours open? How can I open mine?
Hey Sean, nice truck I like it. A pic might help of your setup. My filter is the afe pro dry s, not stock. it does not need to be oiled so be careful with that unless u know what kind it is. The air box itself sounds like the previous owner did the deck plate mod too. It is done to improve airflow and it sounds louder over stock. I keep mine open and it's nice bc it can be screwed back in if you think water or lots of dust or sand could enter. I do not know why yours doesn't unscrew, but try to get a pic for us, and welcome to tw
Old 07-25-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
sean english is on a distinguished road
sean english's Tacoma Gallery
VLine's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343248112.312931.jpgVLine's Build-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343248131.994428.jpg
Ok got it open. Now: should I leave it like that? Under certain conditions? Helppppppp😝
Found out about the oil by calling manufacturer. They said go to Atv store
Old 07-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean english View Post
Attachment 161993Attachment 161994
Ok got it open. Now: should I leave it like that? Under certain conditions? Helppppppp😝
Found out about the oil by calling manufacturer. They said go to Atv store
Sweet, the deck plate cap looks different than mine but same idea. If you like the sound it gives leave it off,(basically why I did it). I can tell on mine open vs closed and I think I get slightly better mpg. If you are worried or don't notice it, just close it. Search deck plate mod on here for other members input.
Hope I helped tho.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #20
If it's a foam Amsoil filter it should be the same as the old True Flows. Go to the power sports store and buy a UNI foam filter cleaning kit. Its the same as the old Tru flows.