Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My slow build of "The little Taco that could"

Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #21
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gian
white toy taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Yeah Gian, too bad. Plan is to have it ready by T.A.Co 2013.
that will be sick. what size tires are you planning on running?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #22
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Ppst your best pics in here!!
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...arl-tacos.html
Old 09-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by white toy taco View Post
that will be sick. what size tires are you planning on running?
After talking with YotaBeast (in the green beast), I'm going to go with 35s with the D44
Old 09-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #24
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just a little update on the SAS.
Waggy D44 just needs a few more things.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #25
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just a little update on the SAS.
Waggy D44 just needs a few more things.
why am i salivating right now....
Old 09-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #26
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rear set-up

Now to figure out which of the many ways to mount these Chevys.

After that time to measure for shocks.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
505 Member
white toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhite toy taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sweet chad!

what are you planning on doing with your stock ones? i would take them off your hands if you dont want them

EDIT: if you do still want them, maybe i could rent them untill i rebuild my stock leafs
Old 09-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #28
Little Taco that could

Quote:
sweet chad!

what are you planning on doing with your stock ones? i would take them off your hands if you dont want them

EDIT: if you do still want them, maybe i could rent them untill i rebuild my stock leafs
I'll let you know when I put the Chevys on. FYI 10" travel + an extended brake line would help with my mix n match leaf pack. But I ran stock shocks and brake line ok, down side was the shocks were my limiting factor at droop and my brake line was tight.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
505 Member

did you rebuild your leafs or did you get an aal?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #30
Little Taco that could

Right now I have my stock main and second leaf with 2 leaves from an S-10 blazer and a Ford Ranger overload.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
Little Taco that could

Hey Gian I just went out and flexed my leaves and found out if you have extended bump stops you can get by with stock length stuff.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #32
505 Member

Quote:
Right now I have my stock main and second leaf with 2 leaves from an S-10 blazer and a Ford Ranger overload.
thats literally what i wanted to do with mine so that will be perfect! do you want any $$ for them?

Quote:
Hey Gian I just went out and flexed my leaves and found out if you have extended bump stops you can get by with stock length stuff.
ok cool. now if i wanted to keep my stock bumps, i would need extended brake line, longer shocks and what else?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #33
Little Taco that could

Quote:
ok cool. now if i wanted to keep my stock bumps, i would need extended brake line, longer shocks and what else?
That should be about it. Tires might rub at full stuff (mine did).
From Moab 2012:
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 PM   #34
505 Member

cool well i just bought some used fagtech 0-3" rear shocks a few days ago cause i found a good deal on them so i just need to get some extended brake lines. what about that BPV bracket (or whatever its called), do i need that also?
Old 09-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #36
Little Taco that could

Quote:
cool well i just bought some used fagtech 0-3" rear shocks a few days ago cause i found a good deal on them so i just need to get some extended brake lines. what about that BPV bracket (or whatever its called), do i need that also?
Yeah about the BPV. I made a longer bracket that helped out. I might even be willing to make another.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:03 PM   #37
505 Member

that would be great if you could make another one. if not, let me know so i can order one
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #38
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pts/3348226200.html

You know you want too.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #39
Little Taco that could

Too bad it's a passenger side drop not sure I want to go to a different t-case yet.

Found a d44/60 combo from an f-250. http://farmington.craigslist.org/pts/3373900663.html
Old 11-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #40
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery