Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My slow build of "The little Taco that could"

Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #41
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
After thinking it over I made my front hangers for the chevys out of square tubing. I placed the hangers ~7-2/1" forward.

Moved the rear shackle mount 1-1/2" to the rear due to the stock shackles hitting the aftermarket hitch mount that I cut for shackle clearance for my OEM leafs. Now the shackle angle is better and the springs can fully compress. I have yet to get longer shocks but will update when I do.

I moved my stock E-brake cable down to follow the springs. In the stock location, the cable would hinder full droop.

Short shocks at almost full droop.

Sitting next to a stock GMC Canyon.

Sitting on levelish ground.

Location of the tire at stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #42
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
I like what you did with the e-brake cable, I've been running into that problem...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
Too bad it's a passenger side drop not sure I want to go to a different t-case yet.

Found a d44/60 combo from an f-250. http://farmington.craigslist.org/pts/3373900663.html
Ah... its sucks adapters are so pricey for us to use the older pick-up t-cases.....

And NICE. That's a score with the hp 44... Are you going to go bigger even with the work you've already put into the waggy axle?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #43
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not any time soon, it'll all depend on what/if I break stuff on the waggy so I'll be putting the waggy in with leafs for now and see how I like it.

Edit: I foresee an ARB and maybe RCV shafts.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #44
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's what I thought. I think it'll be absoutley fine on 35s...
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
Little Taco that could

Yeah if I get RCVs ill bump up to 37s and regear again
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #46
Über Posre

RCVs?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #47
Little Taco that could

RCV Axle shafts for my 89 waggy
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM   #48
Über Posre

Very nice.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #50
Little Taco that could

Well not much of an update but I had the windshield replaced recently. Still gathering parts... Getting closer.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
Little Taco that could

I got bored so I started to get the front bumper ready for the swap. I wanted a bumper with a front receiver so I created one adding to my existing one. I chopped the mounts off of my plating and reworked the winch mounting pushing everything about 2" forward(no pics of the process). I took off my XRC8 to mount it in the rear bumper (whenever I get to making one) and replaced to with a Ramsey Profile 9500. I wanted to have an in-cab winch controller... So I made one.

Switch is to "arm" the system and is Ignition hot
Red button is "in" and black is "out". Just like the Ramsey winch controller.

Was pretty simple really.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #52
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
What a great build! I cant wait to see the SAS all complete. Then you could change her name to "The Little Taco That Did"
Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #53
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. I like this build
Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #54
Little Taco that could

Got some goodies today

Getting closer money tree needs to grow faster.
And shocks for the rear...

12" travel
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #55
Little Taco that could

Installed the billies and now I need to re-relocate my shackle hanger so I can get the most droop.

Up travel is good. Went and flexed the rear and the tires still had room to move. Still need to get pics but I need to wait until it stops snowing and the weather clears up a bit.

Sorry for the crappy cell pics.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:00 PM   #56
Über Posre

Rear shocks look good man.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #57
Little Taco that could

Thanks. I was going to redo mine kinda like how yours is, but decided against it because the wheels go up as far as it did before when I flexed it up. Now I need to do what we were talking about with my rear shackle hangers for more droop. I'm happy with how it is, I'm not going to be jumping my truck.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #58
Über Posre

I gotcha, bro... How close are those shocks to bottoming out on full compression?
Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #59
Little Taco that could

About 4"
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #60
Über Posre

4"?!! You mean 4" of up-travel? That's not bad..

But have you seen how close the shocks get to bottoming out when your on the bumpstops? That's what I want to know..