Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My slow build of "The little Taco that could"

Old 04-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #121
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Do it! sooo much nicer with gas. Dont forget to get a spool of solid wire too.
I have solid wire. Got a 12.5 lb spool of .30 and a 2 lb spool of .25 wire. I just ran out of shielding gas and went to my last resort Flux core.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #122
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
I have solid wire. Got a 12.5 lb spool of .30 and a 2 lb spool of .25 wire. I just ran out of shielding gas and went to my last resort Flux core.
ah cool, I thought your welds were looking a little too nice for flux core
Old 04-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #123
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ah cool, I thought your welds were looking a little too nice for flux core
Old 04-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #124
Little Taco that could

Tested out the stock DS stuffing the driver side.

Didn't test out the passenger side stuff didn't want my DS sliding apart
Old 04-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #125
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #126
Little Taco that could

You jelly bro?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #127
Little Taco that could

Got bored. Still need to bend up the rear edge of my belly pan.

How its sitting now.

A little flexing.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #128
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice!! Does your front driveshaft come apart if the other side droops like that?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #130
Little Taco that could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice!! Does your front driveshaft come apart if the other side droops like that?
It fell apart just drooping a few inches.

So I welded up the extended splined add-on from trail gear which I still need to flex out to see how it does. when I do I'll post pics.

Btw... The 1/4" belly pan isn't moving even when I kinda slammed down near the edge. Still might reinforce it with the 1x1x1/8" angle whenever I get it. No rush on that.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #131
Über Posre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99taco27505 View Post
It fell apart just drooping a few inches.

So I welded up the extended splined add-on from trail gear which I still need to flex out to see how it does. when I do I'll post pics.

Btw... The 1/4" belly pan isn't moving even when I kinda slammed down near the edge. Still might reinforce it with the 1x1x1/8" angle whenever I get it. No rush on that.
lol That a lot of droop!

Sounds good,man

Old 05-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #132
Little Taco that could

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
dam, that thing articulates great! awesome job!
Thanks. Still stuffing those 33s

Now imagine stuffing 35s or even 37s in my wheel wells
Old 06-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #133
Little Taco that could

Stolen from Ripcord's photobucket.
On the Devils crack on the Moab Rim trail
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #134
Little Taco that could

From Low Range Offroads Facebook
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #135
Little Taco that could

From Box Rocket's photos

Old 06-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #136
Über Posre

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #137
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Impressed with your truck Chad. Always a pleasure wheeling with you.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:34 AM   #138
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

This makes me want to actually start building my truck a little bit now that I'm going to have money

Too bad I'll be 1600 miles away from Moab here pretty soon

Think you could pull a 27 hour drive with the solid axle Chad?
Old 06-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #139
Little Taco that could

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Impressed with your truck Chad. Always a pleasure wheeling with you.
Adam it's always a pleasure wheeling with you and your knowledge of the trails in Moab.

Quote:
This makes me want to actually start building my truck a little bit now that I'm going to have money

Too bad I'll be 1600 miles away from Moab here pretty soon

Think you could pull a 27 hour drive with the solid axle Chad?
Do eet! We had people from the east coast so I think you can make it.
If built right you can make the trip. I had no problems headed up to Moab, but on the way back I had some crazy "death wobble" due to no track/panhard bar. Come to find out that after putting in the leaf I took out from the front leaf packs my tie rods worked themselves in further into the arms and the nuts were a little loose. Making my track/panhard mounts now, glad I still have quite a bit of 1/4" plate left over from the belly skid (that I didn't use this year. Funny that I've used it at home).

Edit: I also broke in the front springs really well on this trip.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #140
braaap

Nice! Glad you got it figured out. I've got plenty of death wobble experience from my moms f250. That thing is terrible.