LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

My ongoing Tacoma build!

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
My ongoing Tacoma build!

Alright finally decided to make my thread! Here's a little back story...

Really wanted a TRD for a long time and four doors and green, however this little gem popped up with only 68k miles and after finding out they don't make manual quad cabs I decided to go for it. The color has started to grow on me the more black I add, and I seriously love my truck! This will probably be a slower build as I'm a college student but I'm always wanting to spend too much money on my vehicle... It's a problem.

Suspension:
OME 881's up front
Nitrocharger Sports all around
Dakar leaf pack

Tires/Wheels:
285/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
TRD Tundra "Ivan Stewart" edition painted gunmetal

Exterior:
Partial de badging
Plasti-dipped badges
Bestop Supertop

Interior:
Boston Acoustic speakers all around
Pioneer FH-P8000

Armor:

Lighting:
Morimoto mini D2s retrofit
Cleared and blacked headlight/corner light/fog light housings

Future:
Full OME and dakar leaf pack
255/85/16
Deck Plate mod
off road spot/flood, back up, as well as new retrofits for lighting
window tint
all chrome to black
New grille (Purchased and awaiting install)
armor all the way around!
Roof rack
stealth 8 or 10 inch sub w/ amp
Sound deadening
Wet-Okoles (Waiting for next GB)
CB
Possibly a bed rack
Probably more I'm forgetting as time/money are available!

Most current picture :

When I got it :

First partial debadged and plasti dipped!:

Retros:

Up at Mt. Hood:

Painted my Ivan Stewarts I scored off craigslist for $120 for all 4!

Installed Bestop:

Thanks for looking... Love this site and truck and looking forward to owning this beast for as long as I possibly can!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Very nicely done!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Nice 1st gen man! Good list of projects.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you guys! Should be looking better once I get all these put on the next day or two, just need to buy a jack and possibly a couple other tools I lost while moving...

nitrocharger sports
ome 881's
dakar leaf pack

Old 07-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
ShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadesOfGrey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Aircraft Fuel Handler
Name: Jamie
ShadesOfGrey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
Thank you guys! Should be looking better once I get all these put on the next day or two, just need to buy a jack and possibly a couple other tools I lost while moving...

nitrocharger sports
ome 881's
dakar leaf pack

Losin stuff always seems to happen when movin. Annoyin really. Haha.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck!! love ur Husky too
Old 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

How do you like the soft top? and have you ever camped in it in cold weather? when I get a truck I think i am going to look into one of those.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:56 PM   #8

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
Sweet truck!! love ur Husky too
haha thank you! She's pretty awesome as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
How do you like the soft top? and have you ever camped in it in cold weather? when I get a truck I think i am going to look into one of those.
I love it! I haven't yet camped in anything too cold. I slept back there one night where it probably got 40-50 degrees and was pouring rain. It was water tight enough where no rain got through that I could notice and nothing I had back there got wet. I was plenty warm as well. The versatility and keeping the use of my bed is what sold me on it though.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #10

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Got front nitrocharger sports and 881's on today' doing the back tomorrow... here's a teaser pic!

Attached Thumbnails
My ongoing Tacoma build!-uploadfromtaptalk1343012909795.jpg  
Old 07-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
mechanically retarded

I think you sold me on a soft top when I get a truck

As for your teaser picture.....
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #12
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Awesome truck - you'll have to go with me on mt hood this winter!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #13

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Awesome truck - you'll have to go with me on mt hood this winter!
Ty sir! You have an awesome truck yourself! and I would have totally been down but I'm moving back up to Fairbanks in a few days once I can finish up this marathon of a suspension install haha.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #15
f1rstGen03
Tacoma03SR5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Math
Tacoma03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Headlight! Very clean truck!
Old 07-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #16

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Great looking truck looks great
Same to you! Reppin the red as well with my favorite year's front end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma03SR5 View Post
Nice Headlight! Very clean truck!
Ty Sir! I love them. Apparently when I did them I put them on the truck and turned them on before I should have. So the driver side headlight housing melted a little bit. It's roughly the size of a quarter and not a big deal but it bugs me so I'm probably going to redo them at some point with FX-R's next time around.

Well I finally finished my marathon suspension install a whoppin 3 days before I'm moving back up to Fairbanks and driving the 2300 miles. But it was totally worth it and it's like I'm driving an all new truck!

When I was installing the dakar leafs I couldn't get a bolt out and had to wait for a ride to go get an angle grinder to cut it out. I got bored and decided to do a little work to the front end that I have been wanting to do for awhile. It's not quite finished as I really want to color match it and "satoshi" it. I already have the mesh and the paint I just need to do it. However this looks a million times better than the chrome I think so I'm happy for now.

Here is a picture of the stance now with OME 881's, nitrocharger sports all around, and dakar leafs.

for comparison, after wheels but before suspension :

Sorry for lousy pictures. My cellphone is all I have until I get back up to Alaska.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #17
ilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant futureilove_taco_ma has a brilliant future

ilove_taco_ma's Tacoma Gallery
like your truck. digging your soft camper. i really want one myself.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Sick ass front end im
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
Same to you! Reppin the red as well with my favorite year's front end!
Love the 95-97 front end

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Sick ass front end im
X2 looks great! The black bestop really looks good on the red
Old 08-02-2012, 11:31 AM   #20

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
So I called around and les schwab had the cheapest alignment I could find. They said it would take about 45 minutes. Well about two and a half hours later they come out and ask if they could show me some things and hands me this quote to fix everything :

He told me to get the alignment within specs he had to "make my steering wheel way off". So now when driving straight my steering wheel is almost a full 180 degrees turned. Completely blocking my rpms and the cruise control is pointing straight down so I bump it with my knee sometimes. Really quite annoying.

Here are alignment specs: