1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Painting and interior storage

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by wayerscreech, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Aug 5, 2012 at 9:34 PM
    wayerscreech

wayerscreech [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma sr5
    I have my 2000 tacoma sr5 access cab and i am wanting to paint it flat black. (more then likely just can flat black because of the cost) and i was wanting to know should i sand it down first because the clear coat is peeling of. If so what would be the easiest and most time efficient way to sand the entire truck?

for the second part i would like to know if there is a sort of interior storage like shelves or cabinets that anybody has done or thought of in the tacomas? something preferably with locks of some sort. Any ideas?

2. Aug 5, 2012 at 9:41 PM
    TACOMABOSS

TACOMABOSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    96 SR5 4x4
    Bilstein 5100s, Toytec AAL, Deck plate mod, Hella 500ff's, Sportsman Camo seat covers, Total Chaos 1" diff drop, JVC stereo, Painted bumpers and grille, Custom grille insert, HID projectors, Black spray paint
    why are you wanting to repaint it? because of the clear coat pealing?

The fastest way to get it all off would probably be a pneumatic circular sander
    BTW welcome to TW

3. Aug 6, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    wayerscreech

wayerscreech [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma sr5
    Yes sir the clear coat is chipping and i just want the color flat black haha.

and thank you for the welcome. Ill star a my build thread soon, though the actual truck wont get the serious upgrades until feb 2013 when i get deployed (make extra money) so then it will be a new ride all together

Products Discussed in

To Top