Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Paranoids 03 Double Cab build (low buckish)

Old 08-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #42
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
i could do some, but you would have to source the bushings and slug from camburg/allpro
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #43
Tacoma addict
mtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura aboutmtucker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
mtucker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
fist mod was kinda cheesy but i liked the look as it reminds me of my fj40.
bought a new grill and grillcraft grill and a toyota badge and installed it.
also installed some hella horns to fix the anemic stock toyota horns lol.
I've considered buying a black grill surround or painting/plasti-dipping my chrome one. How did you do yours? I wasn't sure if it might be too much black with a black grill, but it looks good.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #45
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post
I've considered buying a black grill surround or painting/plasti-dipping my chrome one. How did you do yours? I wasn't sure if it might be too much black with a black grill, but it looks good.
i also wasnt sure so i bought a aftermarket trim and painted it. i still have the stock one in the garage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superswamper003 View Post
Whats your price for a set?
i will send you a pm to see if you are interested.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #46

so just gathering more parts lol. have a crap load to install and might try some this weekend if i have time. so many other projects though.
picked up some of those led light bars for the front bumper and these just came in.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #47

so finally installed the coilovers and upper arms. drove around for a wile but was tired of the bro look. picked up some used shackles on here and put them on. stance is much much better.
next up is some rock sliders. was going to build them but the thought of dragging out the bender and tub would suck (fj40 project is in the way) so ended up buying some
also have some 33" tires on order too. woot.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #48

woot, installed these today, but ran out of light to take a pic lol
Old 12-26-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I envy your welding skills meng!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #50

and wheels/tires and sliders installed.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #51
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post
and wheels/tires and sliders installed.
Looks bad ass man.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:32 PM   #52

woot these showed up today. should be fun.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #53

got a great deal on a trailgear bumper so decided to pick that up and not build my own (dont have much time on my hands anyways lol)
i also beefed up the hitch part with some square tubing and extra braces. i almost bought the 4xinnovations one, but just didnt like the bed side protection (how it looked)

hard to see but here is a pic of the braces.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #54

well finally got the locking hub setup installed.
guess i didnt research enough i guess and didnt know about the abs issue lol.
i just swapped full knuckles so i lost the abs port. i will probably fix that soon, currently i just put a cap over the sensor and zip tied it to the spindle and took out the abs fuses.

also, got it all bolted up and finished spun the wheel and come to find out one of the damn boots has a hole in it and was oozing grease lol. doh.

also welded up a TC spindle brace.

and installed

also cant seem to find an answer for this, but how does the axle stay in place? snap ring? bolt at the end of the axle?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #55

now for the front bumper. made a simple bracket that bolts up using the front bolts and the under bolts. so 6 M12 bolts holding this on. i will also tie into the other side bolts with some tubing.

and got the main tube bent up.
going to make something similar as the trail gear. need to cut down the sides and weld on caps still.
(and ran out of damn welding wire lol )
Old 06-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #56
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
I see a printout of my truck.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #57

Lol yep. Good front shot of the bumper :-)
Old 06-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #58

Old 06-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #59
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great. I like that it isn't a direct copy and you made it "your own".
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #60

Thanks, i am happy with the outcome, the turn signals were a little after though as i painted it then realized that i didnt have turn signals now lol. but some LED lights did the trick.

now saying that, man, not sure i want it lol. i have always told my self since buying my first yota (84 xcab) i wanted a ARB bumper as i loved the look of those. so i might put this up for sale to put it towards an ARB.