Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Goomba's White Lighting BUILD

Old 08-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Goomba's White Lighting BUILD

Well here we go.
As she sits today: 2/1/12

LIFT:
DR Coilovers
Camburg UCA's 1"uniball
Toytec AAL
Billy 7100s custom valved(by me)

WHEELS N' TIRES:
Procomp streetlocks 16x10
Procomp X-Terrains 305/70

INTERIOR Stuff:
Addictive Audio 6x9s in the back
Cobra 25 LTD Classic under the seat
Flashlight mounted to door
LED'ed Gauge cluster

EXTERIOR Stuff:
BushWacker Cut-out fender flairs
Brush Guard (I think Truck-O-Rama makes it and they are out of business)
7" 100w Halogen Lamps converted to 75w HIDs
22" LED light bar
Cb antenna mount for caper
LEER Caper

When I got her-Rode like a cadillac, but bottomed out alot. Had to fix that

More:http://www.flickr.com/photos/7446463...7630934563564/

Lifted her the first time-So I did fix it, but it was stiff at first then started to settle in. Then I was told my tires stuck out too much and I might get a ticket for it.

BushWackers-Fixed that problem. A pain to install, but turned out grate.

100w Halogen Lamps-Then I saw collin's truck and wanted to turn my truck into the sun. meh, kinda bright

Collin's truck in blue, The man who inspired me for the lights.

Video at the citrus meet. I DID NOT EDIT THIS, rmb_crew did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDDE_...layer_embedded

6x9s-Then, my truck was not loud enough. Cant believe the difference in sound quality from stock.

DR coilovers-Ride was good, but I always dreamed of coilovers. So I picked me a set up from Whatthepoo. Rebuilt them with new shafts. These are amazing offroad.

Lights-The halogens were not enough, so the HID's and light bar went on. Way better than halogens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7SYH...0&feature=plcp

CB Radio-Needed one for wheeling so I got me one.

Then the Citrus meet with Guy

All New Rear bearings

ARB when i got her and when I installed it.

Welded the front with manual hubs

Flashlight mount

LED gauge

Things I want to do:
Complete Engine rebuild
Transmission and transfer case rebuild
Solid motor and transmission mounts or just new mounts
Lockers, front and back... DONE!
Long travel with 4 link rear(if I ever have money)
Supercharger!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build man! How do you put the bushwackers on? Do you have to drill holes for em? How much did you get em for?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. lol I spent about $400 shipped to my door. And ya those screws go into holes in the fender that i drilled. Hard to get it perfect.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Like the truck = all my suspension components are in the mail
Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #5
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. I love my dr/icon co's and my camburg UCAs. The UCA's deff help to keep the suspension from binding.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
Thanks. I love my dr/icon co's and my camburg UCAs. The UCA's deff help to keep the suspension from binding.
Lol maybe one day i'll get UCAs, but i could care less about them right now. What are ur wheel measurements??
Old 08-09-2012, 07:00 AM   #7
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
24" up front and 23 1/2 in the back no load.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rocky
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
We are headed back out for a camp /wheel weekend. Check out the back to nature bash weekend. It would be great to have ya out there
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
NorthWest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomba View Post
24" up front and 23 1/2 in the back no load.
Are was referring to wheel measurements = diameter/width/backspacing/offset EX.17x9 with 4.5 b.s. and -13mm offset.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
How much more clearence did you get with the bushwackers...love the truck man.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
Are was referring to wheel measurements = diameter/width/backspacing/offset EX.17x9 with 4.5 b.s. and -13mm offset.
My bad. I have 16x10s with 3.75 bs. offset = 10"(rim width)/2 = 5 5-3.75(bs) = 1.25. 1.25" is the offset. Had to calculate it up, because all they had was the bs and rim width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzac View Post
How much more clearence did you get with the bushwackers...love the truck man.
Thanks, i gained about 1-2" more clearance on the bottom of the fender.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #12
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
So whats next on the to do list? oh and if you dont mind me asking how much did the led light bar cost you?
Old 08-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #13
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
I a thinking of going to manual hubs. I sunk the front driver side of the truck up to the wind shield, and water and a little mud seeped into the front wheel bearing, destroying it. I just replaced it 10k miles ago!(cost $490) :/ I may be able to pick up manual hub spindles and c/v's for 100 bucks. the light bar costed a little over $400 to my door, but they are cheaper now. I would recommend doing 5w led's instead of my 3w though.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Was leaking a little oil and found out that i cracked my valve cover a little.... Got it all Replaced.

Looks pretty clean for 290k miles
Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #17
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good! Where'd you get those headlights?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man.
I got them on ebay, but they are horrible, no light out put. I am thinking of retro-fitting them to get better lighting.
Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/300790249519...S:1123&vxp=mtr
Old 10-29-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh I was looking at Hella's H4 Conversion housings. But I just picked up 2 brand new sylvania 6054's today from WalMart. So I'll let them last me for the forseable future.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a fan of the bumpers that have brush guards for the lights, but it fits your truck really well. Looks good!