Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

kigmob's 97 Black Toyota Tacoma Ext. Cab 4x4 V6 Build

Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #21
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
AWESOME work so far. Good writeup as well. I have been planning on blacking out my grille and replacing my dented up chrome bumper for a while now. You got me itching to do it again! lol.
Thanks man! blacking out the grille looks so much better than chrome IMO. And its easy to touch up with a can of Dupli-Color Trim Paint. Thats what I use for it all. If I would have had the cash laying around, I would have went with a tube/plate bumper. But it turns out I REALLY like the black replacement bumper. It is easy to touch up as well.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #22
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I would love to have a winch bumper myself, but right now it is not in the cards.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:53 AM   #23
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Did a lot of work on the truck this past weekend. I finally finished the install of my MidTravel kit.

Front:
- I added TC UCA's to go along with my ICON Ext. Travel C/O's.

Rear:
- I added the ICON 3 Leaf AAL along with ICON VS 2.0 Monotube rear shocks.

Other things:
- Cleaned up and painted the rear axle/drums
- Painted visible part of spindles
- Rotated tires while off
- Adjusted driver side coilover
- Cleaned up coilovers
- Dropped spare tire and cleaned it/checked pressure
- Hand wash
- Stickers
- Added a little Kicker 10" sub

And now for pics!

Also, me and dyl0n installed his Maxtrac spindles, Fox 2.0 Coilovers, TC UCA's, 4" Allpro expos, Allpro U-bolt flip kit, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, extended brake lines, Brembo rotors, Hawk LTS pads, and 17" SCS Stealth 6 wheels wrapped in 285/70/17 BFG All Terrains.

Next Up:
- Wheelers extended front brake lines
- Rear plate bumper
- Power steering flush
Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 AM   #24
Tiotaboy is on a distinguished road

Name: Robbie
Tiotaboy's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man nice truck what size and what are the deminsions of your wheels like back spacing and all that good stuff
Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #25

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiotaboy View Post
Hey man nice truck what size and what are the deminsions of your wheels like back spacing and all that good stuff
Thanks. The wheels are 15x8 with 3.75 BS and -19mm offset.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #26

No problem how much for the set of 4 if you don't mind me asking
Old 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #27

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No problem how much for the set of 4 if you don't mind me asking
Im actually looking to get rid of them and get some flat black pro comp 7069s. Buy mine haha . Nah but http://4wheelonline.com has GREAT prices right now on pro comp wheels and include free shipping. Check it out.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:02 AM   #28
Independant Thinker
Lumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shedLumpskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lumpskie's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome build, man. Hey, when you get a chance, post up what kind of wheel travel your getting up front!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #29

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
Awesome build, man. Hey, when you get a chance, post up what kind of wheel travel your getting up front!
Thanks!! And alright man, I'll try to do that one day after work this week!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #30
OCAT T5I is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
OCAT T5I's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd. Sick truck man. Love what you've done with it. Picked up a 97 last week myself. Can't wait to get dirty workin on it.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #31

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCAT T5I View Post
Sub'd. Sick truck man. Love what you've done with it. Picked up a 97 last week myself. Can't wait to get dirty workin on it.
Thanks man! Gonna be a blast working on it!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:47 AM   #32

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new Pro Comp 7069's installed!

Next Up:
Install Wheeler's extended front brake lines
Power steering flush
Bumpers

Front and rear bumpers will also be added very soon. As for the rear, I currently have a custom plate bumper being made. For the front, I will be getting a Demello tube bumper from a fellow TW member in exchange for some Icon UCA's. Will post pics once the bumpers are installed!
Old 09-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #33

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick update.

Got a custom rear plate bumper made by RAT Products (isu2014). He did some awesome work! It is the EXACT bumper I have always wanted. A link to the rear bumper I purchased can be accessed here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ml#post7370509 It's the second bumper.

Anyways here's some pics of the bumper installed. I added my own license plate light. All I used was a small piece of angled iron from Lowes and an LED light bar with 3M tape on the back from Autozone. I wired it in to one of my original license plate lights and it works perfectly.

I also got around to replacing my front window trim. It looks so much better! I noticed my gas cap was getting old and cracking. So I replaced it too.

Last but not least , I received a Demello front tube bumper from SCRunner12 as part of a trade we worked out. I just need to get an aluminum skid for it and then it will be ready to mount up! As for now, here's what it looks like.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM   #34

Hey I ordered a pro comp 1069 wheel as a trial but don't have a socket to get my tires and wheels off so did yours clear your calipers??
Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #35

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey I ordered a pro comp 1069 wheel as a trial but don't have a socket to get my tires and wheels off so did yours clear your calipers??
Yea they did.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:51 PM   #36

Ok how much did they sticker your tires out?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #37
LSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant futureLSC15 has a brilliant future

Name: Logan
LSC15's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job man. Wanting to black my front end out too
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #38

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC15 View Post
Nice job man. Wanting to black my front end out too
It would look sick all black man!
Old 09-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #39

kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
Got a skid for the bumper and mounted it up! I love it! Here's a few pics.

I am currently waiting for my Trail Gear turn signal kit to come in so I can get rid of the zip tied turn signals.

Also added these cool shackles to my rear bumper

Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #40
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Bro you're in Australia?