View Poll Results: What next
Leave it as it is 0 0%
Mid travel lift 4 100.00%
De-bro front end 0 0%
Add fog's to front and satoshi 0 0%
Plate bumpers 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough

Army: 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Name: Austin
3RZ Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Austin's Build Thread

Bought a 1996 Tacoma Xtracab with the 2.7 motor! BONE STOCK.

I will progressively edit this front page as i build but for now ill use it to keep track of what ive done!

Here goes,

Drivetrain:
2.7 4cyl 3RZ
5 Speed manual

Performance:
K&N intake filter

Interior:
Walmart floor mats
12" Powerbass in ported box

Exterior:
toolbox
bedmat
vent visors
bugshield

Suspension:
Stock AF!

Lighting:
Cool white LED's in corners
Roundeye headlights
Clear markers and blinkers

Future mods:
Hella's
Headache rack
Longtravel suspension

Right after i bought it -

Now -

-----MORE TO COME-----
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough3RZ Taco is a jewel in the rough

Swapped the bulbs in my markers for some cool white led's from superbrightleds.com

Before:

After:
Old 08-30-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Ah hell yeah!! cool white corners ftw
Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
Ah hell yeah!! cool white corners ftw
I have a feeling his truck is going to look like yours haha subbed!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Yeah but mine will be more classy

And next is my hella's in the front. I'm working on a headache rack at the moment though!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #6
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hahah hell yeah im an inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RZ Taco View Post
Yeah but mine will be more classy

And next is my hella's in the front. I'm working on a headache rack at the moment though!
Hey fucker! Classy my ass haha get hella 700s btw, or 500 fogs. I wish i did. Im just waiting for some to pop up on craigslist to add to my bumper
Old 08-31-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
im trying to figure out a way to mount the hellas behind the grille and X2 on the 500 fogs. the beam on the driving lights is way to narrow
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #8

Quote:
im trying to figure out a way to mount the hellas behind the grille and X2 on the 500 fogs. the beam on the driving lights is way to narrow
I was gonna cut my grill up and fit em in there but didnt feel like doing that much work haha! I think 700's would look better too and get them in fogs if they make that..??
Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #9

So whens the total chaos LT kit and your king coilovers supposed to come in??
Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #10

Bought new headlights to get away from sealed bulbs

http://tinyurl.com/9eleo8v

The H4's almost match my 6500k SuperBrightLEDS in the markers too!

And a picture i took while at the dunes today!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #11

Finally an update after a couple months haha just kidding but i think i might order some of those lights man, they look way better! Haha

OH and btw dude you need to get some clear corners/blinkers next! all clear front lights ftw! Ha
Old 09-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #12
4wd tacoma
trd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
trd7's Tacoma Gallery
Even though the ebay listing says they are sealed beam, you can remove the bulbs?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #13

I think ill be ordering clears tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
Even though the ebay listing says they are sealed beam, you can remove the bulbs?
- Compatible with HID conversion kit.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trd7 View Post
If they are the sealed beam, you cannot replace just the bulb. You would have to buy a whole new housing if the bulb went out
Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #15

I dont get why it says compatible with hid conversion?
Old 09-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #16

Let me pull one of mine out tomorrow and check it out, I'm a little confused now too...
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #17
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
I dont get why it says compatible with hid conversion?
Probably a typo. I mean, you CAN do a retrofit with the glass sealed beams, but it would be a lot more work and the glass lens distorts the light output anyway
Old 09-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #18

I'm not to worried about it for now, ill probably end up buying some real conversions when i get ready for hid's!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RZ Taco View Post
I'm not to worried about it for now, ill probably end up buying some real conversions when i get ready for hid's!
when?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #20

4 weeks!