Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Midtravel 1st Gen on 35's

Old 05-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #61
SanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
SanClemTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I might sell my stock spindles if the price is right
they are non-ABS spindles with total chaos gusset, tig welded by local welding shop (certified welding)

The back side is fully welded and he said that was adequate cause welding the front fully would cause warpage
Old 06-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #62
SanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kwXwQSKoVY

proof my truck sees dirt (and that my friends can be complete morons)
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #63

Added some icon add a leafs, truck sits level at the moment but i need to crank the coilovers to gain some up travel upfront.

Oh, and looking for options on where/how i can mount a full size spare. Ill just throw it in the bed if needed but hoping for some others ideas (if they exist)

ill throw some pics of the new ride height after its adjusted, aligned, and washed
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #64
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
Nice video. Got some decent jumps especially for mid travel. When you put the bushwackers back on, did you cut the top of the stock fender at all in the front? I have bushwackers and only 33's and they rub pretty bad at full flex. I was thinking of taking them off and mounting them higher up on the fender. Just seeing if that's what you did.

Edit: Looks like you cut 3 in. off the stock fenders. Did you cut the bushwackers at all? Haha sorry so many questions.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #65

Figured pics are better than words, is this adequate or should i try to explain, itll get a little wordy?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTaco28 View Post
Awesome thank you. I might give this a try thanks a lot.
One thing, I lost the lower mount (wher the fender bolts up under the door) on the flare to i could turn lock to lock, so if u can pull the shock and cycle your suspension so you have adequate clearance. Im going to trim more off my bedsides because my tire decided to become good friends with it and the bedside has a nice bend in it under the flare
Old 06-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #68
GreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud ofGreenTaco28 has much to be proud of

Name: Tyler
GreenTaco28's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanClemTaco View Post
One thing, I lost the lower mount (wher the fender bolts up under the door) on the flare to i could turn lock to lock, so if u can pull the shock and cycle your suspension so you have adequate clearance. Im going to trim more off my bedsides because my tire decided to become good friends with it and the bedside has a nice bend in it under the flare
Cool ya I'm going to cycle it for sure. I should be okay because I only have 33's but we'll see. Ya my tire tries to rip off the fender in the rear when it flexes too much. Makes a horrible sound haha
Old 06-27-2013, 09:50 AM   #69
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
I like it a lot! Why not keep the cut down bumper on? I would think it'd look super clean.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werkro01 View Post
I like it a lot! Why not keep the cut down bumper on? I would think it'd look super clean.
If your referring to the stock bumper, it's cause I drilled holes through it for my offroad lights and old turn signals
Old 08-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #71
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Truck is looking good. Lmk next time you go to silverwood. I miss that trail.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Truck is looking good. Lmk next time you go to silverwood. I miss that trail.
That was saddleback, not silver wood. Where is silver wood?
Old 08-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #73

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=54841

well i just baught a new truck last week, so im selling my 4runner and i guess i may as well sell the kit i had for it also....

kit is a one off custom from brandon over at BTF fabrication here are some specs.

BTF fabrication:
-4.5in over per side
-16.5"of travel w/ a 10" C/O
-uniball uppers/ balljoint lowers..
-steel braided extended brake lines
-heim steering upgrade
-total chaos coil mount

looking to get $2000 for everything
and ill throw in the coilovers if i have them still just to seal the deal;D

Looking for peoples opinion on this. Is this a killer deal or a terrible idea?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #74
Paiza RIder
87Tcyota is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
87Tcyota's Tacoma Gallery
This is a good deal man. I saw the kit in person and btf makes a lot of stuff. He's all over dezertrangers. If I had the money id be buying this kit.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #75

Trail gear was/is having a sale on these so decided to pick a set up, hopefully will get them installed over a long weekend
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #76
552Jrider will become famous soon enough

Name: Jeremy
552Jrider's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks good. What size are your tires?
Old 09-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 552Jrider View Post
Truck looks good. What size are your tires?
35x12.5x17
Old 09-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #78

Took a trip up saddleback mountain friday night.
All went well till the bolts holding the driveshaft sheared/fell off only found one it looked more like a nail and less like a bolt.
Put a hole in my fuel tank and did this...

Did get one decent picture on the peak though
Old 10-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #79

not extremely happy with the welds, but at least its a motor mount gusset.
Ill be getting the solid mounts installed soon and building a solid trans mount
Old 10-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #80

Installed my solid motor mounts. ANd build and installed a solid trans mount.