Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Midtravel 1st Gen on 35's

Old 09-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
SanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
SanClemTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Midtravel 1st Gen on 35's

Been looking at TacomaWorld for inspiration for my truck for a while an thought i would start a build thread of my own.

Current (5/30/13):

Truck had a fabtech 6" lift on it when my dad passed the truck onto me:

Truck rolled way to much for my liking and the shocks were worn anyway so i dropped the lift kit (he didnt cut the crossmember per fabtech instructions thankfully)

Decided to upgrade the suspension because it needed to be replaced

camburg upper arms, icon extended coilovers, gusseted spindles (bought the stock spindles of member: whitetoblack
Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
SanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSanClemTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the truck had 35's on it (about 30% tread left) so i decided to make the tires fit, they fit fine at ride height long as i never needed to turn

the tires rubbed on the inner fender so i had to cut a way a fair amount (upto the cab mount) to make them fit

cover the bare metal with gutter sealant (works great actually)

Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

had to trim the outer fender also for clearancing issues

put the bushwacker fenders back on (saved money not having to buy fiberglass)

started work on a new bumper to cover the radiator and other important things
(still in progress)
Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good. I'm guessing that suspension change made a world of difference.

How much cutting did you have to do in the rear?
Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet truck man i like it i want those fender flares ha
Old 09-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed looks good man
Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
great choice dropping the DB lift
Old 09-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Finally someone that understands a 3" lift is better. Nice job OP
Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 PM   #11

thx everybody, as for cutting in the rear didnt have to do any, just removed the inner liners for rubbing issues (the bumps stop the tire 1/4 inch short of the bedside, close but havent had time to deal with it yet)
Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #12

actually its not a three inch lift
its only two up front and (suspension wise) 1/2 inch lower in rear
Old 09-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #13

Update:
Pictures of some 'old' mods and the current state of the bumper (still in progress hence the half painted half rust)

magnaflow muffler, ends before the axle housing

sub box (bolted to the floor)

current state of front bumper (in progress)
Old 09-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #14
It is a Fluid Situation
goomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud ofgoomba has much to be proud of
Name: Josh
goomba's Tacoma Gallery
What does it look like on the inside of the cab after you cut for the 35s?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #15

looks the same (trimmed some of the trim panels to fit), lost a few inches of foot room on the outer part of the footwell, but its unnoticeable unless you know its been done
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #16
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Nice dude looks good. Much better than the 6". I think I sold you my stock arms by the way haha.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #17

yeah those are your stock spindles, ive gusseted them since, but they work great
Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #18

update on the bumper, cut off the light bar that partially blocked the headlights (need to re-work it and weld it back on)

Also added some side supports

Looking for peoples opinions on what color, textures, to use once the fab work is finished (again)

Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #20

Looking for opinions:
1) what color should i paint the bumper once the fab work is finished?
2) should i remount the stinger that protects the auxiliary lighting or leave it off?
3) should i mount the lights to the bumper or should i mount them in/behind the grill?