1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Build 2000 Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by wayerscreech, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Sep 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    wayerscreech

wayerscreech [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma sr5
    I have a 2000 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed access cab 200,000 miles loyally changed oil every 3000 miles and complete tune up every 6 months. Silver.

Ive had this truck since '08 bought it from a mail man for 500$ its my first car the guy before me was the only owner since it was made and he sold it to me as a family friend which is why I got such a good deal on it. yea the clear coat is chipping but its 100% mechanically sound, aside from the cracked wind shield wiper reservoir but that has only happened recently.

this year is the first year I have actually started wanting to work on it. First thing I did was install some little fog lights to the lower part of the front bumper. It helps during the fogs around where I at. Then I tried putting some baja lights on the top but failed, so now they are just sitting there, Im thinking about taking them off. Then I sanded down the hood and put some truck bed liner on it. I can admit, wasnt the best idea because it looks good but the paint did not last long what so ever.

I just today bought a nice diamond plate tool box for 20$ having trouble putting it in, could be due to the lack of tools it has the drilless mounts but i dont have a socket set right now.

My Plans:

get a minor lift on the tacoma, just enough to get some 33x on them i currently have 265 on the back and 255s on the front so any suggestions on how to go about doing a lift for the 33x's

I also want to wire an inverter/s into the tool box to run a small mig welder and air compressor (not at the same time of course)

Make my own running boards

possible deck plate mod to the air intake

paint the engine acc. and or compartment. does that sound like a good idea?

new exhaust, Im iffy if i dont just want to cut it off and rat rod the pipes out the side have a friend with a 4runner like that and it sounds amazing.

window tint is a must
    as well as a new paint job

in cab storage of some sort, Ive started a forum to see if anybody has any idea but nobody seems to be posting so if any ideas let me know. Im going to be using it for paper work as well as my bullet proof vest and a gun rack/safe it must lock. so any ideas would be great.

I will post pictures when I get the chance
    I also want to do these things myself so that I know so instructions help as well
    anything else i can think of or any ideas I will post as i go on

2. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Roberson93

Roberson93 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road Silver
    10% Tint all around, 50% front windshield Clazzio Seat Covers UWS Toolbox Ranch Hand Black Overlayed Badges G-Code RTI Pistol Holster
    I would start off with the window tint first if I was you. After that I would focus on the lift and tires bc it'll cost you, unless you can find some used tires with a good amount of tread with them for cheap. What kind of lift are you planning on putting on it?

3. Sep 17, 2012 at 7:59 AM
    wayerscreech

wayerscreech [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 tacoma sr5
    Im undecided if i want a body lift or an actual suspension lift. but maybe 3 inch for either or. my girl has a 3 inch body lifted 4runner that scares her so i was thinking about taking the lift off that and putting it on my truck

Products Discussed in

To Top