Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

99nmtaco's Goldie Build!

Old 12-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #21
99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Patrick
99nmtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Finally made a little progress today on cleaning up some of my electrical stuff but I have more to do tomorrow. Heres some of what I got done today.

Made a mounting plate for my blue sea fuse block

Got everything wired up just need to finish covering all my wires and then I can start running the led rock lights tomorrow.

Ill get better pics in the morning with my camera all I had tonight was my phone.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #22

Air Force:
Little bit of an update on the build. Got some of my rock lights installed finally but will probably be the weekend before I can finish up since finals started this week for me. lol So here are a few pics of what I have so far!

Old 12-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #23
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Rock Lights?

Hey man love what you have done so far! Im a Toyota Budget college student as well. I really want to do some rock lights, how did you mount them and how did you wire them, if you dont mind my asking.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #24

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
Hey man love what you have done so far! Im a Toyota Budget college student as well. I really want to do some rock lights, how did you mount them and how did you wire them, if you dont mind my asking.

Thanks man! The lights I ordered had an adhesive backing on them so for now their just stuck on using the adhesive which seems to be holding up really well. As far as wiring I ran the lights in series. So I just ran a wire from a switch the cab following the driver side fender and ran it all the way around the truck following the frame rail. Then I just tapped into that power wire for each light with wire clips and grounded each pod individually to the truck. Sorry if this is confusing. lol! I can get a pic of the wire clips if you want here is a little diagram of how I wired um.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #25
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha i had to read it a few times to understand but i think i got it! Im going to try and rig some up myslef. i saw some kits for them (LIke Vision X) but that seems like allot of wires and i like my work clean! thanks man!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #26

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
hahaha i had to read it a few times to understand but i think i got it! Im going to try and rig some up myslef. i saw some kits for them (LIke Vision X) but that seems like allot of wires and i like my work clean! thanks man!
No problem. I havent seen the vision x kit but this is the kit I went with http://www.horsepowerjuice.com/led-lights.html
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #27
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery

That's awesome! Great work

Love the retractable light bar
Old 12-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #28

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post

That's awesome! Great work

Love the retractable light bar
Thanks man I appreciate it!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #29

Air Force:
A little thread revival here I finally got around to ordering some rock sliders from Adam at 4xInnovations for xmas and they came in today! Hopefully have um installed here in the next week or so.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #31

Air Force:
Finally got my tires mounted to some stock 4runner wheels and got the 4xInnovations rock sliders mounted up. I got a chance to test out the sliders this past weekend and can honestly say they are one of the best mods Ive done yet!

Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #33

Air Force:
Played around with plasti dip this weekend and added some retro stripes to my hood.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #34
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Any new build plans/ ideas in the near future?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #35

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowbocop View Post
Looks good! Any new build plans/ ideas in the near future?
Thanks man! I'm workin on some ideas right now for a rear swingout tire carrier and a front bumper. Been super busy with work lately so its probably gonna be mid summer before I can start on the fab work.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #36

Air Force:
Well a little build thread update. Not much has been done to the taco recently just been wheeling it and doing routine maintenance. I recently lucked out and got a front axle from my cousins 84 yota that so happens to be geared the same as my rear axle (4:10's) and picked up an 84 tcase today from a buddy so it looks like Ill be SASing Goldie in the near future! Not lookin at gettin too crazy with it right away just going with leafs and 33's and eventually maybe 3 link it? So now begins the fun collection of swap parts!

Old 01-12-2014, 08:51 PM   #37
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
hows that sas coming?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #38

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
hows that sas coming?

Its going slooowwww lol! We just recently bought my wife a 4 runner and she wanted to mod it right away so we lifted it, bigger tires, and rock sliders. Now that that's done for now I can start building the axle up. It'll probably be a few months before I really start making any progress since I just enlisted in the Air Force. I have been wheeling the taco a lot lately tho! lol
Old 01-20-2014, 10:16 PM   #39

Air Force:
Ive been enjoying the "winter" weather here in the southwest and wheeling a lot lately. Here's a short clip from our last trip out.

http://youtu.be/FTyIZ2NyE14

Had to get a little pull up at the end but it was a blast of a trail! Also just picked up a free set of bucket seats from a buddy of mine just gotta get um re upholstered and figure out the mounts for um.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #40

Air Force:
So after our last run out I really decided I was eventually gonna need a locker either before or during my SAS.. whenever that may happen. lol! So I've been on the look out and found a good deal on a Toyota elocker today and picked it up! So now adding this little guy to my growing collection of parts!