Old 11-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about99nmtaco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Patrick
99nmtaco's Tacoma Gallery
99nmtaco's Goldie Build!

Sitting as of 7/5/14

How she currently sits 2/17/13:

I purchased my 99 Taco V6 SR5 4X4 in August of 2010 and have absolutely loved it since day 1! I decided to start a build page since Ive finally built her up a little bit and there will definately be more to come!

Mods to date:

Performance
K&N drop in filter
Aero Turbine muffler
Marlin Crawler HD clutch kit

Suspension
Bilstein 5100's front and rear
Eibach Coils Front
Deaver 2" AAL Rear

Other Add On's
B.A.M.F. BPV relocate bracket
Home built front light bar
Custom built Bed Mounted Actuated Light Bar
2-Hella 500ff lights with 55w DDM HID mod
4-55w Harbor Freight fog lights "to be converted to HID soon"
Cobra CB Radio
4' Firestik Antenna
20 LB Co2 tank (on board air)
Custom built bed mounted tire carrier

Future Add On's
Toyota Elocker (waiting to be installed)
Gear Driven Tcase (picked up out of an 85 toy)

The first day I brought her home!

The first thing I did was put together a light bar for the front so I could mount my new Hella 500ff fog lights that I modded with DDM tuning HID's thanks to TW!

First time off roading with the Hellas. Had to pull a buddys truck out of a nice mud hole!

The truck stayed like this for a while so I could save up some $$ since Im on a college student budget.

For Xmas the first year I owned the truck my wife bought me an Aero Turbine muffler! I freakin love it! Compared to most other exhausts Ive had the sound of the Aero is just cherry!

The next project that got started on the truck was the Actuated light bar for the bed. This started because a friend of mine had a bunch of scrap steel layin around and a welder. We both wanted to start welding again since we hadnt since high school and the first project that came to mind was a head rack for my truck. Long story short it evolved into a much larger project lol! I didnt manage to take many pics of the build progress but here is what I have.

Originally I was going to hardmount the lights to the rack but for some reason Ive always wanted a light bar that folded back, which actually comes in handy for those pesky low branches. Since I was building it I figured I would make it the way I wanted it. Here it is mounted on the truck:

Next I had to figure out how to get the bar to stay in the up and down positions. Originally I was going to weld a bar up that I could use to bolt between the rack and light cage, but I found a killer deal on an actuator for around $70 so I went that route instead. It's been nice to be able to control the lights from the cab especially aiming them while driving. Here is the final setup with my cheapo Harbor Freight lights.

Heres a shot of the temporary switch panel I made for the lightbar switches. I plan on adding a few more switches when I remake the panel but this works for now.

On weekends I try to get out as much as I can with my wife and wheel. I've met up with a few local guys from TW and we hit some of the trails from time to time.

After wheelin a bunch I found the need for an on board air setup because I got tired of driving to a gas station to air up my tires after trail runs. I wanted something portable and reliable. After doing some research here on TW I found that a restaurant grade Co2 tank would work thanks to Box Rocket! After reading about his setup I managed to find a 20 Lb tank locally for $20 and its been a great add on for wheeling!

As time went on I found that the Taco's suspension was getting tired and old. After a trip to Moab for our anniversary it was decided that it was time to start looking into lift kits. I ended up ordering Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks with Eibach coils and Bilstein 5100 rears with a 2" deaver AAL from the guys at ToyTec.

Heres the truck before the lift

And after

Thats all the progress I have made on the Goldie build so far and hope to get some larger tires and maybe some rock sliders for her in the near future. I still have a lot to do and Im sure this will be a never ending build! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Here are some more random pics.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #2
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Nice find on the CO2 tank. That's a great price. Glad I could help.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I like this truck and the work you've done to it.

Looks like you took a big hit on that driver's side nerf bar - which came close to busting up your rocker panel....
Old 11-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #4

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
Nice find on the CO2 tank. That's a great price. Glad I could help.
Thanks again Adam! I find your bulid to be very helpful with ideas for what Id like to do.

Quote:
11-05-2012 10:58 AM

Madjik_Man I like this truck and the work you've done to it.

Looks like you took a big hit on that driver's side nerf bar - which came close to busting up your rocker panel....
Thanks Madjik_Man! Ya I never liked the look of the nerf bars anyway but left them on as temporary rock sliders. I took a good hit to that driver side on some rocks but it saved the rocker panel. I just removed the bars last week Ive gotta get an updated pic up.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nmtaco View Post
Thanks Madjik_Man! Ya I never liked the look of the nerf bars anyway but left them on as temporary rock sliders. I took a good hit to that driver side on some rocks but it saved the rocker panel. I just removed the bars last week Ive gotta get an updated pic up.
You got lucky!

Those nerf bars are ugly as sin IMO. I picked up a pair of real sliders for my truck...

...a wheeling season too late. My passenger side rocker panel got, well... rocked.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99TacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
i see that when you first had the trcuk the finder flares were color matched and now they are black....did you paint them or did you get new ones?
if you have new ones is there any chance you still have the color matched one?

nice truck btw
Old 11-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #7

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
You got lucky!

Those nerf bars are ugly as sin IMO. I picked up a pair of real sliders for my truck...

...a wheeling season too late. My passenger side rocker panel got, well... rocked.
Ouch! Sorry to hear man. Ya When I took them off I couldnt believe the hardware that was holding them on didnt break when I snagged it. Hopefully in the next few months Ill be gettin a pair of sliders. Where did you pick yours up if you dont mind me asking?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #8

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
i see that when you first had the trcuk the finder flares were color matched and now they are black....did you paint them or did you get new ones?
if you have new ones is there any chance you still have the color matched one?

nice truck btw
Hey thanks man! Ya originally the flares were color matched but the paint was fading and chipping on most of them so I took um off and sprayed them black.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Ouch! Sorry to hear man. Ya When I took them off I couldnt believe the hardware that was holding them on didnt break when I snagged it. Hopefully in the next few months Ill be gettin a pair of sliders. Where did you pick yours up if you dont mind me asking?
Don't mind at all.

Bought them from BAMF: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html

I got lucky because someone was driving from San Fran to Boulder (where I live) and was willing to pick up the sliders and drive them to me. So I saved a lot on shipping.

I smoked 2 racks of ribs for his services
Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #10
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build, man! Love the light rack.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #11

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice build, man! Love the light rack.
Thanks man! I love what you've done with your truck its definately come a long way.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #12

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Don't mind at all.

Bought them from BAMF: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...ll-trucks.html

I got lucky because someone was driving from San Fran to Boulder (where I live) and was willing to pick up the sliders and drive them to me. So I saved a lot on shipping.

I smoked 2 racks of ribs for his services
Haha nice man! I didnt realize he was making sliders too.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #13
99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed99TacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Hey thanks man! Ya originally the flares were color matched but the paint was fading and chipping on most of them so I took um off and sprayed them black.
Yea that's what I figured lol oh well looks like I might be using partsgeek in the near future and I had those same nerf bars and I took mine off too bc I think it looks better with out them too
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #14

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TacoDriver View Post
Yea that's what I figured lol oh well looks like I might be using partsgeek in the near future and I had those same nerf bars and I took mine off too bc I think it looks better with out them too
Nice ya the nerf bars on mine looked even worse once they were bent. lol
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #15

Air Force:
Here's a little update for the build. I finally made a bracket for the Co2 tank out of some scrap metal and some quickfist clamps. I attached the bracket to the driver side of the light bar rail in the bed.

I also found some of the build pics for the light bar

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #17

Air Force:
Ive been collecting some parts lately so I can install my led rock lights. Hopefully I can start makin some progress tomorrow!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
sweet im curious on the out come
Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
04Tacomabuild is on a distinguished road

Name: Reese
04Tacomabuild's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! I love the light bar you made! How did you cut the holes in your switch panel? I have kinda the same thing but i really want to remake it out of better aluminum
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM   #20

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Tacomabuild View Post
Nice truck! I love the light bar you made! How did you cut the holes in your switch panel? I have kinda the same thing but i really want to remake it out of better aluminum
Thanks! I ended up using a drill bit that was almost the size of my switches and used a file to square out the corners. Didnt take too long and if I had a dremel it probably woulda worked just as well. Im getting ready to remake that panel to add a switch for my rock lights.