Notices

98 Road Warrior Build (120mi+/day)

Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
iz in ur accountz payin ur billz
Beeyelluh is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Beeyelluh's Tacoma Gallery
Road Warrior By Day, Trail Warrior By Night

Still lots to be done, but here is my work-in-progress build thread. I work in accounting and finance, and recently switched jobs to a company 60 miles away each way from my house on the condition that they pay for my commute and related expenses (oil changes, reasonable maintenance, tires, etc). Since we are in the construction industry and I do make it out to the sites once in a while, I get to use a truck for a commuter (with some off-time off-roading as a nice little fringe benefit). So, here we go!

How she currently sits as of November 2012:

On the first day I got her Spring of '12! A dad had bought the truck for his daughter to use throughout high school and college, and now she is graduating and getting married so she doesn't need it anymore. Totally babied and in great shape for $6,000!

First thing was first, had to get some toys for the inside. Picked up a dashcam for $35 off of amazon, and an 8gb memory stick for $12 from best buy. Then an iPhone holder with radio hookup/charger. Also got a Beltronics radar detector for Christmas

Next up, some bigger and better tires. Nothing too clunky as I stick to main roads almost exclusively, but couldn't go with a strictly road tire without fore-fitting my mancard. This was as of August '12.

Hitting 200,000 miles in October 2012

Picked up some Anzo headlights as the ones that came on the truck were constantly fogging/yellowing no matter how much rubbing compound I used on them. (don't mind the bacon-pancakes)

I'm really drawn to the idea of blacking out my truck, so after some research I've decided to plasti-dip much of the chrome and see how I like it. If all goes well, I may make it more permanent. Wheels where done yesterday, 11/10/12.

More to come soon as I'm in desperate need of some improved liftage to the truck! Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any ideas on what I could do to make her better!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
iz in ur accountz payin ur billz
Beeyelluh is on a distinguished road

Name: Keith
Beeyelluh's Tacoma Gallery
reserved