LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Dcpsychobilly's picture build

Old 11-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Dcpsychobilly's picture build

I shoulda started one long ago but didnt, Im starting by posting some skid plate pictures to help out a fellow tw member build his skid.

TW sponsored meet (Im the first gen in the corner)

skid pics

back part, also showing tcase skid waaayyy better then the factory piece of a piece of a skid

underside a littel dirty
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #3
NastyBuzzard is on a distinguished road
NastyBuzzard's Tacoma Gallery
Very Nice!! Thanks!!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBuzzard View Post
Very Nice!! Thanks!!
Lmk what else you need, its off so I can measure it. I might pull off the tcase skid incase you'll make one too. Btw after removing it I bounced it up and down and measureing it went up about 1/4 in (its a bit heavy....)
Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
BigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud ofBigOly has much to be proud of

BigOly's Tacoma Gallery
I dig your rig! I really Like the looks of your 1st gen compared to the rest Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOly View Post
I dig your rig! I really Like the looks of your 1st gen compared to the rest Thanks for sharing!
Thanks man I appreciate that
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #7
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen DCab for the win!
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Southern01Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck man. A couple questions about your skids. How did you attach your t-case skid to the frame? And what thickness metal did you use for both skids? I'm getting ready to build myself a full set and I'm just trying to gather as many ideas as I can before I start mocking them up and gathering supplies.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J88logue View Post
1st Gen DCab for the win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern01Taco View Post
Nice truck man. A couple questions about your skids. How did you attach your t-case skid to the frame? And what thickness metal did you use for both skids? I'm getting ready to build myself a full set and I'm just trying to gather as many ideas as I can before I start mocking them up and gathering supplies.
Thanks man
It has 6 bolt holes, front two plus two on each side
(I'm only running 1-reason > I see it as a trail rig not a crawler)
Its from 3/16
I can take pictures of it for you, on how it mounts. I could remove it and post pictures on then ?
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Southern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSouthern01Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post

Thanks man
It has 6 bolt holes, front two plus two on each side
(I'm only running 1-reason > I see it as a trail rig not a crawler)
Its from 3/16
I can take pictures of it for you, on how it mounts. I could remove it and post pictures on then ?
You don't have take it off but some more pics of it installed would be awesome.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #11

Quote:
You don't have take it off but some more pics of it installed would be awesome.
No problem man lol ill get some up tomorrow
Old 12-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #12

Took a couple pics for you, but they came out pretty ugly lol
Ill get some better ones with my camera tomorrow

You can see how the front mounts (see the bolt with the round head) the side of the skid bends up and has two holes, two holes through the frame then bolt through it.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #13

Oh ok awesome. I understand now. I'm probably going to mount it basically the same but weld square tubing to the rear of the skid that will bolt to the frame rails, kind of like a rear crossmember.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Oh ok awesome. I understand now. I'm probably going to mount it basically the same but weld square tubing to the rear of the skid that will bolt to the frame rails, kind of like a rear crossmember.
Kool let me know if I can be of any help, I dont mind pulling it off to show you better pictures (it could use some touching up before rust gets to it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Nice pics!
nice sig
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Kool let me know if I can be of any help, I dont mind pulling it off to show you better pictures (it could use some touching up before rust gets to it)

nice sig
Ok. I appreciate it man. I'll definitely let you know if I need anymore pics.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #17

Some kinda recent pics

When I got back

After a quick wash (maybe to quick it was still dirty)

What needed replacing after (and causing me getting a bumper made pushed back, way back )

After (in process)
Old 12-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #18

Time for an update
Since the last post the list of mods

Spc uca's
285/75 Duratracs and rims
Toytec Boss Coilovers
Bed rack (Tonto27 's old rack)
Some other random gear also added, arb snatch strap, quick fists, random tools etc etc.

And a pic

To come
Redoing front/rear bumpers, redoing lighting /adding a light bar or two
(bumper /roof) and last but not least it's getting a baby seat installed