Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Sch0enne's 2003 Build

Old 01-03-2013, 10:40 AM   #22
flash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Alex
flash9588's Tacoma Gallery
I saw you in Kelowna yesterday! I was in kelowna for work and spotted you coming from a distance and thought to myself, "oh hey, another tacoma that's sweet!" I quickly realized that it was one of my favorite truck's on this forum. Seriously tight build my friend, great looking truck.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #23
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Were you the one that removed the bottom plastic part that held the old front blinkers? I want to know what I need to take off in order to remove that piece, also, did you plasti dip the bumper part above that? And did you have to cut holes for your new blinkers in the front to fit into that bumper or did they go on the front of it?
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #24
Go Hard In The Trails!
RoyalThunder is on a distinguished road

RoyalThunder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
Were you the one that removed the bottom plastic part that held the old front blinkers? I want to know what I need to take off in order to remove that piece, also, did you plasti dip the bumper part above that? And did you have to cut holes for your new blinkers in the front to fit into that bumper or did they go on the front of it?

I pretty much want this as well i loved this idea and wonder how can i get it done and also how can i paint all the chrome to matte black!
Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #25
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

sch0enne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalThunder View Post
I pretty much want this as well i loved this idea and wonder how can i get it done and also how can i paint all the chrome to matte black!
The lover valance can be removed by a bunch of i think 8 or 10mm bolts that hold it to the chrome metal part of the bumper. Lots of mine were seized so I just yanked it off as I wasnt planning on using it again.

I used Plastidip to paint all my chrome surfaces.. I know some people hate on plastidip but I would say it holds up beter to rock chips ect then a rattle can paint job. Search Plastidip in this forum and you will see lots on it if you havent allready.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:00 AM   #26
sch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant futuresch0enne has a brilliant future

Quote:
See my response above for the first 2 questions you asked. I had to drill 2 holes for each blinker.. One for the wiring and the other two that actually hold the blinker in place. They are holding up great so far and I love the look of the LED
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #27
Go Hard In The Trails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch0enne View Post
The lover valance can be removed by a bunch of i think 8 or 10mm bolts that hold it to the chrome metal part of the bumper. Lots of mine were seized so I just yanked it off as I wasnt planning on using it again.

I used Plastidip to paint all my chrome surfaces.. I know some people hate on plastidip but I would say it holds up beter to rock chips ect then a rattle can paint job. Search Plastidip in this forum and you will see lots on it if you havent allready.

Sweet thanks i might give it a try but i need to find out how to relocate my blinker lights i wish there was an easy way without rewiring i dont want to blow a fuse because i have in past for messing with wires
Old 01-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash9588 View Post
I saw you in Kelowna yesterday! I was in kelowna for work and spotted you coming from a distance and thought to myself, "oh hey, another tacoma that's sweet!" I quickly realized that it was one of my favorite truck's on this forum. Seriously tight build my friend, great looking truck.
Hey thanks man I appreciate it! Do you have pics of your truck on here? I will have to look after this because chances are I saw you.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #29

here's a neat pic from a drive in Penticton
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
Insert witty title here
Seventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeventh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Chris
Seventh's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Seventh
Great looking truck. Are you running spacers with the 12.5 tires?
Old 01-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #31
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
See my response above for the first 2 questions you asked. I had to drill 2 holes for each blinker.. One for the wiring and the other two that actually hold the blinker in place. They are holding up great so far and I love the look of the LED
So are the led you installed now your new blinkers or did you relocate your blinkers into the side markers?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #32

Quote:
So are the led you installed now your new blinkers or did you relocate your blinkers into the side markers?
The LED's are now my blinkers
Old 01-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
Great looking truck. Are you running spacers with the 12.5 tires?
Nope not running spacers. Just the wheels!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #34
flash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to beholdflash9588 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Alex
flash9588's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey thanks man I appreciate it! Do you have pics of your truck on here? I will have to look after this because chances are I saw you.
lol. I was driving a semi...I don't think you would have recognized me. I do have a meager start at a build thread on here. Just click in my sig.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalThunder View Post
Sweet thanks i might give it a try but i need to find out how to relocate my blinker lights i wish there was an easy way without rewiring i dont want to blow a fuse because i have in past for messing with wires
It couldnt be easier with the blinkers. Its just 2 wires and your done.. no crazy wiring at all. If you cant stand the hyper blinking you have to add a resitior but thats eas also.

It looks like im going to be getting a Trail Gear front bumper so if someone wants my LED lights and Bumper im sure we could work something out.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #36
Go Hard In The Trails!

Quote:
It couldnt be easier with the blinkers. Its just 2 wires and your done.. no crazy wiring at all. If you cant stand the hyper blinking you have to add a resitior but thats eas also.

It looks like im going to be getting a Trail Gear front bumper so if someone wants my LED lights and Bumper im sure we could work something out.
I was thinking of getting that one too cant wait to see it on your truck to see how it will look
Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 PM   #37
SixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSixLugThug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alexander
SixLugThug's Tacoma Gallery
Looks super clean. Very nice
Old 01-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixLugThug View Post
Looks super clean. Very nice

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #39
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
im in the debate of removing my lower valence, subd for further investigation
Old 02-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #40
williamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nicewilliamsdouglas73 is just really nice

Name: doug williams
williamsdouglas73's Tacoma Gallery
hows the rubbing with the 33's?