Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mike's Mountain Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
nice!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Here is one of the tabs I welded on for the turn signals

and here is with the turn signals mounted
Old 12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #23
01 5 speed
taco52 is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
taco52's Tacoma Gallery
Damn looks good. I want a TG bumper so bad but just dont have the cash right now. Looks good though. Keep it up
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #24
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco52 View Post
Damn looks good. I want a TG bumper so bad but just dont have the cash right now. Looks good though. Keep it up
I hear that man ... It takes a lot of OT work for me to get stuff... All part and partial to having a wife and kid... Keep saving.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:51 AM   #25
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice.

You may have replaced them already, but in the future you want the better tires in the back. I only say this because in the tire shop I always go to they only have about a million different videos explaining that better tires go on the back. Apparently it will keep you form fishtailing
Old 12-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
Very nice.

You may have replaced them already, but in the future you want the better tires in the back. I only say this because in the tire shop I always go to they only have about a million different videos explaining that better tires go on the back. Apparently it will keep you form fishtailing
Thanks !!!

Yeah, I guess that makes sense... Guy at my neighborhood shop told me to throw them on back and just milk the rest of the life out of them... I figured his logic was just the opposite of yours, if I hydroplaned it won't be the wheels I steer with. Either way can make sense.

I don't really drive the truck a whole lot. She sits in the drive way looking pretty all week. I'm going to try some TreadWright tires next, but first I'll probably be going for the winch ... I've got the Engo 9000 in mind

Other than some of the finishing detail work I have to do, I don't expect to make anymore major purchases until probably the middle or end of February.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #29

Home from travel, and my winch is in a box on my kitchen floor waiting to get installed .... Pics to follow when I get it done.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #30
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Here is one of the tabs I welded on for the turn signals

and here is with the turn signals mounted
Truck looks sweet man. Are you going to trim the fender lining and remove that bracket in front of the tires? Its a few screws inside the hood and one outside and the bracket pops off. Makes the front end look a ton better in my opinion. Heres mine after I cut the liner with a box cutter at an angle.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:42 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Truck looks sweet man. Are you going to trim the fender lining and remove that bracket in front of the tires? Its a few screws inside the hood and one outside and the bracket pops off. Makes the front end look a ton better in my opinion. Heres mine after I cut the liner with a box cutter at an angle.
Yeah, definitely, I just haven't got around to it yet, I travel quite a bit for work so my time is pretty limited on the truck, lol.

I tried putting my winch on yesterday, what a PITA. I have to drop the bumper to put it on it looks.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #32

Just got done installing the winch

Just about gave myself a hernia trying to get the bumper back in place with the winch bolted to it. I'm hoping to get the solenoid box installed in the morning. I'll take some better pics. Got some battery cables from the parts store and hooked them up in the solenoid box already. The plan is to put it in the engine compartment. There's just enough space right behind the airbox.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #33
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice! No synthetic line or fairlead?
Old 03-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Nice! No synthetic line or fairlead?
Not as nice as yours, but thanks dude !!!

I wish I would've spent the extra cash on the synthetic line now that I have it mounted. Not sure what I'm going to do about the fairlead yet. How did you even bolt yours on ? My winch sits so close to the front of the bumper that is doesn't even look like there's room for a nut to fit in between.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #35

I remember the bolts being a tight ass fit. I put it on before I bolted on the winch though.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I remember the bolts being a tight ass fit. I put it on before I bolted on the winch though.
I figured..... I'm gonna have to unbolt the winch anyway. I clocked the clutch handle wrong. When I turned it just one bolt hole rotation back, I thought it would still interfere with the grille, thinking maybe since it's a different brand than yours maybe it's a little different, so I went another which angled it downward so now it hits the bottom of the core support. I could bend the core support a little and make it work, but I think there's room to unbolt the winch and just slide it to one side and it'll allow me enough room to get that end off.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #37

So this is an idea I have for a temporary bracket to make the roller fairlead work with my TG bumper until I upgrade to synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.

Give your input. I'm thinking the truss on the backside of the bracket will prevent the roller bracket from bending if the line was putting any serious downward pressure on the lower roller.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #38
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is nice! Imma keep an eye on this thread...
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Your truck is nice! Imma keep an eye on this thread...
Thanks !!!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:32 PM   #40

Looks good. I guess it all depends on the welds. Hopefully when your ready to switch to a hawse fairlead it won't be to much of a bitch to undo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
So this is an idea I have for a temporary bracket to make the roller fairlead work with my TG bumper until I upgrade to synthetic line and a hawse fairlead.

Give your input. I'm thinking the truss on the backside of the bracket will prevent the roller bracket from bending if the line was putting any serious downward pressure on the lower roller.

Products Discussed in this Thread