Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mike's Mountain Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #41
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Looks good. I guess it all depends on the welds. Hopefully when your ready to switch to a hawse fairlead it won't be to much of a bitch to undo.
Nah, I won't weld it to the bumper, only the bracket.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #42
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
looks good sofar!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #43
Iceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant futureIceman2448 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
Iceman2448's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man! Good looking bumper!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #44
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys. Not going as fast as I'd like, but that probably goes for anyone I'm sure.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #45
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Sk8rjess is using a roller fairlead on a tg bumper. Hit him up, I'm sure he will share his thoughts
Old 03-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
Sk8rjess is using a roller fairlead on a tg bumper. Hit him up, I'm sure he will share his thoughts
Yeah I saw that, gonna hit him up in his thread.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #47

Can't really see it well in this pic, but I removed the fender liners and corner bumper brackets that were hanging down.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #48
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Can't really see it well in this pic, but I removed the fender liners and corner bumper brackets that were hanging down.

Look great man.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #49

Got the roller fairlead installed today, what a pain in the d!ck !!!... I had to cut the bolts down, and grind the nuts down about 50% to fit. Also installed my Little Wil antenna, got tired of dealing with ground issues with the Firestik.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #50
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i feel your pain man. mine was a PITA too. just a poor design on TG's end. i ended up using the plasma cutter and cutting out the winch mounting holes to set the winch back 2" closer to the rad.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i feel your pain man. mine was a PITA too. just a poor design on TG's end. i ended up using the plasma cutter and cutting out the winch mounting holes to set the winch back 2" closer to the rad.
Wish I had a plasma cutter
I was going to ream the holes to get some movement if I couldn't get the nuts to fit.

Was going to hit you up about it but I just dove in and went to it this morning.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #52
bonafide

plasma made it so much easier. took literally about a minute to do so lol. i'd just make some new holes. that plate is what, 1/4"? trying to walk a drill bit enough to waller that out would take forever.
my main reasoning for doing it was that it was so hard to get to my winch engage/disengage switch with my LED bar.
so just measure back how far you want it, notch where you want the new holes, and drill the new ones.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
plasma made it so much easier. took literally about a minute to do so lol. i'd just make some new holes. that plate is what, 1/4"? trying to walk a drill bit enough to waller that out would take forever.
my main reasoning for doing it was that it was so hard to get to my winch engage/disengage switch with my LED bar.
so just measure back how far you want it, notch where you want the new holes, and drill the new ones.
I might do that when I go to synthetic line and a hawse style.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Wuttup Linwood.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #56
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Wuttup Linwood.
You need to update your sig pic my friend...
Old 03-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #57

Quote:
You need to update your sig pic my friend...
I know, I'm delinquent, lol
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 AM   #58

Ok guys.... Anyone stumbling in here from time to time, I need help in making a decision.

This spring I'm going to sell my two jetskiis. I can do one of three things with the money.

1. Get new rear suspension and upgrade further in the front.
2. Get TRD supercharger.
3. Throw the money into a boat so I can still get out on the lake.

What would you do ?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 AM   #60

Quote:
Number 1....
I'm kinda leaning toward that, because as my son gets older I see us doing more camping/offroading than boating. Gonna have a hard time letting go of the skiis though ... They were fun while they lasted. Kids have a way of changing so many things

Products Discussed in this Thread