Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Mike's Mountain Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #61
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMtnMikey View Post
Ok guys.... Anyone stumbling in here from time to time, I need help in making a decision.

This spring I'm going to sell my two jetskiis. I can do one of three things with the money.

1. Get new rear suspension and upgrade further in the front.
2. Get TRD supercharger.
3. Throw the money into a boat so I can still get out on the lake.

What would you do ?
I'm done with the rear suspension for a while. Now its time for the front. It's going to be a $1700 investment. So I'm going to wait until I can purchase it all at once.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #62
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadMtnMikey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I'm done with the rear suspension for a while. Now its time for the front. It's going to be a $1700 investment. So I'm going to wait until I can purchase it all at once.
When I get to the front, I'm going back and forth between stock piling parts for SAS, or long travel.
I've got to get new leaf packs for the back first though.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #63
MadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadMtnMikey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So here's a few pics of where I put my winch solenoid box. I extended the cables that came installed in the box with 4' battery cables from Advance Auto Parts. The cables already had ring terminals at both ends. They are all black because they were the only ones availabe terminated that way on both ends. I'm probably going to rework a few things with it down the road.

The box is nestled right behind the air filter box, perfect space. I'm going to be making a bracket so it's solid. The cables are zip tied to the A/C line running below.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
ponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shedponethousand is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
ponethousand's Tacoma Gallery
I picked up 4 gauge wires when I think I need 2 gauge wires to relocate my solenoid box!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponethousand View Post
I picked up 4 gauge wires when I think I need 2 gauge wires to relocate my solenoid box!
Dohhh !!!! Sorry dude. I wish I had paid attention to the guage so I could help ya out more. I got lucky I guess cuz I just grabbed what I saw on the shelf and it ended up being the same.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #68

Hit some trails with a bunch of other board members this past weekend. Nothing too crazy. The trails did remind me of how bald my back tires are though, some 285/75-16 Treadwright Guard Dogs should be arriving by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

Hoping to get my extended shackles and poly bushings installed this weekend.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Let me know if you want this? http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W...n=DAYKU70039BK

I only used it to put it in, then realized my excel hook didn't fit in it.
Yeah dude, I could use that for a while. Don't know how long it will be before I get synthetic and hawse fairlead.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #71
Brutus will become famous soon enough

Name: Butus
Brutus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #72
ski-doo ride the best screw the rest!
Murph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant futureMurph has a brilliant future

Army: 19D
Murph's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely sick taco! Are your wheels the pro comp 7031?
Old 04-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Absolutely sick taco! Are your wheels the pro comp 7031?
Thanks !!! You have a clean looking truck as well..... progress on mine is getting ready to slow, I need to make time to get my house ready for sale, trying to do sliders before it comes to a halt though.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:59 AM   #74

So, right before I had to go on a business trip, I installed my extended shackles. Burgman and I took some measurements once it was done. I love the new stance (pics to come). Fortunately, or UN-fortunately, however you look at it, instead of doing sliders before my build-up takes a summer hiatus I need to get longer shocks because my current 5100's are too short by 2 inches. Soooooo, I'm debating between 3 choices. I need 17" compressed, and at least 24" extended.

Choices are 5125's, Fox 2.0, or Radflo 2.0. Looking a little more at Fox cuz I can get remote resi's from DSM for about $200 a pop which is about the max budget for this need.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandell3030 View Post
Nice build man! Pretty soon we can be twins!
Thanks man !!! At first I wasn't sure I liked the green. Now I love it because it's sort of a rare color, you don't see as many on the road as white, silver, and red.

Get those parts laying around put on man !!!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #76

Quote:
I'll be putting the lift on this Saturday. TG bumper is in transit. She'll be lookin real nice after Memorial day weekend! Pics to follow on my build page.
Right on man, gitt'er done !!! Let me know if you have any questions, be glad to give any advice or input I may be able to.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #77

Got some goodies in the mail today.... Extended 5125's for the rear, spidertrax spacers, and a U-bolt flip kit

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #78

Quote:
The Spidertrax are sweet! Kicks the tire out just enough!
Sweet !!! Yeah, I hate the idea of running spacers, but I need to get these new tires off the frame when turning, and nobody seems to have problems with them, so I'm excited to see how it looks with the tires kicked out a little.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #79

Score !!!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #80
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
soft topper for the mfw! Looks good

Products Discussed in this Thread