Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Cody's 2002 build "The Tank"

Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Silas
Slodgetto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i've thought about that body mount too. i'll look more when i start cutting.. i may design a new mount in CAD and have it cut here at work.
Nice, man. That is ideal.... I'll proably just hack it up as much as possible, plate it, and hope for the best.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Nice, man. That is ideal.... I'll proably just hack it up as much as possible, plate it, and hope for the best.
you're not keeping the truck so you wouldn't really know if it doesn't hold up
Old 12-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #43
Über Posre
Slodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlodgetto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
you're not keeping the truck so you wouldn't really know if it doesn't hold up
I'm not worried about the body mount holding up... By "hope fore the best", I meant rubbing.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #44
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pfsh.. rubbing

Old 12-11-2012, 09:22 PM   #45
Über Posre

Dayng!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #46
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
pfsh.. rubbing

you should be ok there
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 PM   #47
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Easy. Just dont drive forward
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
bonafide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodgetto View Post
Dayng!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
you should be ok there
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Easy. Just dont drive forward
haha should have seen us trying to get it off the tire so i could drive it out.
for what it's worth she started right up and drove out. all my jeep guys were in amazement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
Sweet build!
thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:51 AM   #50
bonafide

hooray for moar toys!

Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #51
Über Posre

Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #52
bonafide

so got the icons installed and the manual said to use the stock bolts for the bottom mount but i know for a fact it needs to be a size bigger bolt because the heim is slightly bigger in diam. i'll get to that soon. she still leans a little to the driver side, which is really odd but oh well. i need to make a spanner wrench and try to lift them slightly more to level it all out.

these spacers were 2.75" when i put them on in '09. now they are down to 2".

stock bushing were totally shot.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #53
Über Posre

Nice. Did I mention that I'm jealous? Those old struts are toast!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #54
bonafide

you got a killer setup yourself dude, no need to be jealous! heh they were sad. the winch and me driving around like it was a prerunner totally destroyed them haha
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #55
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good man. Those Icons are sexy.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #56
bonafide

thanks Adam, i can def tell a ride difference, wont be able to test them offroad until the next trip planned for Jan
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #57
bonafide

found a pretty decent deal on chevy 17" wheels. all 4 for $100. they are 7.5" wide and have a bs of 5.5" from what i've read. opinions on this for my 37"s? i've got 1.25" wheel spacers to add to this as well to get it a little more further from the axle but will the 4.25" BS be enough?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #58
Über Posre

Quote:
found a pretty decent deal on chevy 17" wheels. all 4 for $100. they are 7.5" wide and have a bs of 5.5" from what i've read. opinions on this for my 37"s? i've got 1.25" wheel spacers to add to this as well to get it a little more further from the axle but will the 4.25" BS be enough?
No way I see that working... Steering would be insanely limited and you might even rub the UCA if not be very close to it... You want a minimum of 3.0 BS on 8" wide wheel if you don't want to eat the frame. And you gotta test fit or verify the bore on those wheels... Most chev wheel bores are much smaller than our bores.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #59
bonafide

i knew about the bore sizes being smaller, that's where my wheel spacers would fix it my current wheels are 7.5" wide but idk the BS. i could not be lazy and measure. dangit i'm doing everything i can to not break down and buy a set new.
i'm torn between a new gun and wheels haha
Old 12-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #60
Über Posre

Quote:
i knew about the bore sizes being smaller, that's where my wheel spacers would fix it my current wheels are 7.5" wide but idk the BS. i could not be lazy and measure. dangit i'm doing everything i can to not break down and buy a set new.
i'm torn between a new gun and wheels haha
Lug-centric FTW. haha

I'll keep an eye out for used 17s w/ the right BS on the forums for ya...