Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

Drew's 01 build

Old 12-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
Spagget13's Tacoma Gallery
Drew's 01 build

Alright, I figured I've been on here long enough so I might as well make a build thread.

She's an 01 ext cab trd offroad.

I got the truck in April of 2010. This is what she looked like.

Wheeled her hard when she was stock.

Then, being young, stupid, and impatient, I bought a coil block spacer lift kit and suffered through that.

My buddy helping me install.

Also bought some spider traxx wheel spacers because I started to rub.

Somewhere down the road, I bumped into a mercedes

Pulled the bumper off and went back out!

Insurance money came in and I pocketed it. A week or two later, I took the truck down to Johnny from Trifecta offroad and had him build my bumper. Super cool dude, and great work.

Also used the insurance cash on some lights.

Finally got fed up with the spacer lift so I bought some SAW 2.5 coilover oem replacements. Night and day difference.

Ran her like this for a while and loved it.

Saved up some coin and bought some all-pro uniball uca's. ( install pics.) And what a pain in the ass they were to install!
(Don't know why some of these are sideways. )

Been beating on the truck for a while now. Took her out to Johnson valley for Thanksgiving and the stock rear end almost cost me big a couple of times. So I've been collecting parts to set up my rear end. Bed cage cut out of another taco. All-pro expo leafs, (planning on pulling a leaf out before install), all-pro extended brake line, and some Profender 2.0x16 smoothies that just came in the mail today.

They look HUGE!

Oh and also got a amber dust light from Blitzpro.

Also got the lower shock axle mount template (pretty damn close to Total Chaos's design) from JD (CR250Jumper) Thanks again!

For now I'm just waiting for winter semester to start as I have no classes. I've been slammed with work and school but I may be starting at my girlfriend's dad's CNC/machine shop. Hopefully I will have the rear end sorted out in the next two weeks.

Also, looking for a good deal on a set of 33x10.50 r16's.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
Spagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpagget13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went out to barstow today to pick up some new rims and tires. (2 Bridgestone Dueler revo A/Ts and 2 Yokohama Geolanders.) Also tried to meet up with the whole engage crew for jingle jam but ended up just getting myself lost. Lol.

Only pic I have right now. I'll get more tomorrow.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #6

Welp, a few weeks ago I installed my all-pro expo springs. The thing is WAY to stiff so in the next few weeks I will be pulling a leaf or two so I'm not stink bugging it too much.

Also picked up some glass from glassworks today. Front fenders are installed but haven't had time to do the rear. Should be installed next weekend.

Also will be heading over to king in a week hopefully to get new coils since mine are saggier then an 80 year old's tits.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Awesome transformation so far!

Thank you!
Definitely a work in progress! Should have titled it "Drew's 01 Minimum Wage Slow Build."
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
CDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shedCDSurfPhotography is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
CDSurfPhotography's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build so far
Old 10-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDSurfPhotography View Post
Nice build so far
Thanks!...got some big chamges in the works.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM   #11

Welp, It's been a while since I've updated this even though no one really looks at it .

Anyways, things didn't really go to plan and truck went on a working hiatus.

A while ago I got some new procomp rims and some 295 Hankook Dynapro tires.

Then I went and bought some deavers from Mr. Bryan Blagg.

And finally got sick of tripping/walking around my bed sides in the garage, so those had to go on. And man it was a pain in the ass!

Then got around to building a bed cage (which I will be changing soon), and just this last week threw together my rear LT.

Ride Hight

Tried to droop it out but the jack maxed out.

Still need to fix the cage by cutting out the v bars and making new shock mounts, mount my bumps, (don't really know where to mount the cans to), get limit straps, re-enforce the frame with more cross members and plating, and build a rear bumper and tire carrier.

Also, stock tow hitch receiver and my old All-Pro Expo springs are for sale.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:18 AM   #12
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
Which front fender did you go with? 3.5" flare and 3" rise? Or more? I rarely see glass work so well with the corner lights. I also love that you were able to make a bed cage and can still potentially haul a bike on the back. Not sure if that was intentional or not.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Which front fender did you go with? 3.5" flare and 3" rise? Or more? I rarely see glass work so well with the corner lights. I also love that you were able to make a bed cage and can still potentially haul a bike on the back. Not sure if that was intentional or not.
Spot on with the glass! They're Glassworks. Finish isn't very good though and customer service sucks. Yeah it was a pain, but once you get the corner lights in, they look good. And yeah, that was the idea with the bed cage. I'm going to be changing it soon and free up more bed space before I cut the bed out and re do the whole rear bed area.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #14

Also forgot to post these. Swapped out the stock coils a long time ago with 1 inch longer coils from king even though they're the same brand. Kind of a pain in the ass but totally worth it.

Also have a rear bumper I got from a member on DR for free! All 4130, fully tig welded and tabbed for two dust lights. Going to add two more tabs towards the top so it can be on a hinge type setup so its easier to load my dirt bike in and out.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #15
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sweet build man! glad to see another do it yourselfer
whats the plan for the front?
Old 07-27-2014, 10:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
sweet build man! glad to see another do it yourselfer
whats the plan for the front?
Thanks man! Not sure as of now. Debating on a bolt on LT kit or going with the Ferro Designs race kit. But that would require ditching 4x4.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:32 PM   #17
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Eh 4wd has their own problems with LT
Old 07-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Eh 4wd has their own problems with LT

Yeah...not really complaining when the race kit gets 21+ inches of travel with 39's.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #19
Mas Tequila!!!

Not sure about 21 with 39s but haha
Old 07-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Not sure about 21 with 39s but haha
Thats what I said, but the kit is pushed forward for firewall clearence. It uses a 12 inch shock, (bye bye coil buckets,) and I'm gonna chop the fender wells and just mount everything to the engine cage.

Kit will have a verical uniball with dana 44 race hubs, bolt on d44 snouts, hubs, and barrings, boxed upper and lower, all on heims, 6061 billet aluminum tie rods, and a bunch of misc stuff I'm missing from the list. I'll upload some pictures.