Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #181
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
it was a pain in the ass. i wedges a skinny screw driver down into it to help break the seal and slide it.
Hmm, okay... So basically the tools would be a flat head, phillips head, pliers.... Anything else?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #182
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a special tool that attaches to a socket wrench that tightens up the clamps super tight...ive seen people use hoseclamps..(I wouldnt you cant get the suber tight)....hobby shop may/may not have one IDK
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #183
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...tm%3B968%3B745
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #184
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Theres a special tool that attaches to a socket wrench that tightens up the clamps super tight...ive seen people use hoseclamps..(I wouldnt you cant get the suber tight)....hobby shop may/may not have one IDK
Hmm... May have to do some research on that...
Old 03-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #185

Okay, now it's picture time!

First off though, here are some specs on how much lift I got...

Stock Tire to fender:
Driver Front - 5.75"
Driver Rear - 6.5"
Passenger Front - 5.75"
Passenger Rear - 7"

Lifted Tire to Fender:
Driver Front - 9.25"
Driver Rear - 8.75"
Passenger Front - 9.5"
Passenger Rear - 8.75"

Overall I got about 3.5" of lift in the front, and 2.25" of lift in the back.

Stock

Lifted

Here are some pics of my cv angles, they really aren't bad for 3.5" of lift in the front... They are literally either millimeters within touching each other or just barely, so hopefully what little amount of difference the differential drop makes will be enough.

Driver side outer boot

Driver side outer boot

Passenger side outer boot

Passenger side inner boot

Pics of lift parts

Random pics

Old 03-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #186
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real tight!!!

I bet you feel relieved that lift is finally on?!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #187
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good mang
Those are some sweet pics!
Old 03-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
Looks real tight!!!

I bet you feel relieved that lift is finally on?!
Thanks! Yeah I'm glad it's finally on! Haha Now I need new tires, hopefully that'll be done in a month or two.

I can't find anywhere to flex it out all the way. All of the snow that I find packed in isn't steep enough to get a tire off the ground... Haha But hopefully some other people and I are going to an Off Road park this Saturday so I can test it out then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
Looking good mang
Those are some sweet pics!
Thanks! They're okay for Iphone pics, I really want to get a good camera. I like doing photography stuff, I just don't have a camera to do it with!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #189
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Thanks! Yeah I'm glad it's finally on! Haha Now I need new tires, hopefully that'll be done in a month or two.

I can't find anywhere to flex it out all the way. All of the snow that I find packed in isn't steep enough to get a tire off the ground... Haha But hopefully some other people and I are going to an Off Road park this Saturday so I can test it out then.

Thanks! They're okay for Iphone pics, I really want to get a good camera. I like doing photography stuff, I just don't have a camera to do it with!
love the signature pic! Lift looks great and hey nice grille where'd you get that?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #190
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
how much was your lift/what sites did you get it off ?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
love the signature pic! Lift looks great and hey nice grille where'd you get that?
Quote:
how much was your lift/what sites did you get it off ?
thanks! I'm probably going to edit the original pic in some better software since Instagram distorts the photos so much.

As for the lift, all the parts cost me $590. That's for all four shocks, the coils, add-a-leaf, and new u-bolts. I ordered a differential drop kit to try to get rid of some vibrations I have now. So that's something you may or may not need.

Here's links to what I bought...

Shocks
Coils
Add-a-leaf
U-Bolts
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #192
Quote:
thanks! I'm probably going to edit the original pic in some better software since Instagram distorts the photos so much.

As for the lift, all the parts cost me $590. That's for all four shocks, the coils, add-a-leaf, and new u-bolts. I ordered a differential drop kit to try to get rid of some vibrations I have now. So that's something you may or may not need.

Here's links to what I bought...

Shocks
Coils
Add-a-leaf
U-Bolts
You have to have new u bolts when you do the AAL ? I guess I missed that while reading other threads. But yeah that's the same lift I want to do but I think i'm going to get the shocks from toytec too
Old 03-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #193
Just thought of something, you need some front window tint to complete the blackout!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #194

Quote:
You have to have new u bolts when you do the AAL ? I guess I missed that while reading other threads. But yeah that's the same lift I want to do but I think i'm going to get the shocks from toytec too
Yeah, it's just easier to put new ones on than trying to use the old ones. I'd order the shocks through the link I sent you. It's cheaper there and they have free shipping. Toytec's shipping is overpriced.

Quote:
Just thought of something, you need some front window tint to complete the blackout!
Hmm, what do you mean? Haha I was just going to have somebody tint them for me.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #195

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I checked my tire pressure today. It's supposed to be at 44PSI and they were all in the low 20's! Once I aired them all up it did get rid of some of the vibration. This makes me think that after getting an alignment to compensate for the lift, my wheels and tires somehow got out of balance.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #196
'MERICA
TacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSkeet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: PO2
Name: Steven
TacoSkeet's Tacoma Gallery
subbed to you as well..

good looking truck!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSkeet View Post
subbed to you as well..

good looking truck!
Thanks!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #198
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Good looking truck man!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
Good looking truck man!
Thanks! Same to you! I'm jealous of your bumper... Haha
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #200
Roll Tide!
travis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis9287 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
travis9287's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to travis9287
Quote:
Thanks! Same to you! I'm jealous of your bumper... Haha
haha i went without a bumper for over a year! it was def worth the wait! thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread