Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #201
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis9287 View Post
haha i went without a bumper for over a year! it was def worth the wait! thanks!
Haha I want an Elite, but these are so much cheaper!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #202
03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed03tacoman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
03tacoman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yeah, it's just easier to put new ones on than trying to use the old ones. I'd order the shocks through the link I sent you. It's cheaper there and they have free shipping. Toytec's shipping is overpriced.

Hmm, what do you mean? Haha I was just going to have somebody tint them for me.
alright yeah for shocks I guess that does sound better having free shipping haha. glad to know I know someone who bought from them so i can trust the site
Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #203
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03tacoman View Post
alright yeah for shocks I guess that does sound better having free shipping haha. glad to know I know someone who bought from them so i can trust the site
Haha yeah, that's the website most people recommend for shocks.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #206
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
i vote 33x10.5s when the time comes rather than 12.5s
Old 03-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
i vote 33x10.5s when the time comes rather than 12.5s
Hmm... You're probably right considering I have about 5,000 miles worth of rode trips coming up throughout the year... My main reason for getting 15's was so I could get 12.5" wide tires though... Haha We'll see.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #208
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Everyone has what they want/like. I won't try and deter you from that. I just see more upsides to skinnier than I do to wide. Especially if you put more miles on highway than in deep sand or something where a wide tire actually helps. Hope this doesn't start a debate on your page ha. I wish I'd gotten 16x7" wheels rather than 16x8" so I could more easily run 255/85r16s and not worry when aired down some.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
10-4 to that brother!!
I also need one of your used 235s for a spare . . . until I upgrade that is
Old 03-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #210

Quote:
Everyone has what they want/like. I won't try and deter you from that. I just see more upsides to skinnier than I do to wide. Especially if you put more miles on highway than in deep sand or something where a wide tire actually helps. Hope this doesn't start a debate on your page ha. I wish I'd gotten 16x7" wheels rather than 16x8" so I could more easily run 255/85r16s and not worry when aired down some.
Haha nah I understand completely. Realistically it would make more sense for me to go with 33x10.50x15 BF Goodrich T/A KO's. But I love the look of 33x12.50x15 KM2's... Haha Guess that's the teenager that's still in me...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #211

Meh, buy for the guy that will still be driving on them in a couple years ha if you see more happiness in your future with getting those then do it. If you see yourself being thankful for being slightly more practical in the future, do it. Always buy for that guy down the road, rather than the guy who wants something on a whim, and you'll be alright GL
Old 03-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #212

Quote:
Meh, buy for the guy that will still be driving on them in a couple years ha if you see more happiness in your future with getting those then do it. If you see yourself being thankful for being slightly more practical in the future, do it. Always buy for that guy down the road, rather than the guy who wants something on a whim, and you'll be alright GL
True, thanks for the wise words! Haha

Really and truly, the life of whatever my next tires are will be about 50 miles a week with the once a month or so trail riding. It's just that this year will be full of traveling due to me having to go to New Mexico for training this summer...

Quote:
Once you go M/T's you never go back. i should get A/Ts for the amount of highway miles i put on. but i cannot bring myself to it.
Agreed! After finally getting mud tires on my old 96, I could never stand the look of street tires, or all terrains for that matter!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #213

Thinking about plastidipping my emblems Saturday and removing the bug shield until it warms up and bugs actually show up Haha

Planning on going to an Off Road park with an FJ and some other vehicles Saturday, but I don't think it's gonna happen...
Old 03-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #214

So nobody is able to go to the Off Road park with me tomorrow... I'm debating on going by myself and check it out, but if something happens I don't have anybody to help me and it's 2 hours away... Can't decide.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #215

Quote:
well when that happens for me, i go, then just look at the fun stuff and pout.
Haha so you're saying I should go? The place is apparently really muddy right now... But all of it's trails have bypasses so you aren't forced to go through the hard stuff if you don't think you can. I want to go but I'm not sure if I can justify the 4 hours of driving round trip... But if I don't go I'll probably spend all day in my room doing nothing.. Haha
Old 03-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #216
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
I tend to go out by myself more often than with others. I usually am more safer I guess. But I still have a good time.

But I also have kids, so the peace & quiet is nice! I don't know what to say about the 2 hour drive thing. Thats a long way from home if something is to break.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy View Post
I tend to go out by myself more often than with others. I usually am more safer I guess. But I still have a good time.

But I also have kids, so the peace & quiet is nice! I don't know what to say about the 2 hour drive thing. Thats a long way from home if something is to break.
True, I am a LOT safer driving trails by myself than with others... Haha

Quote:
well your still on all terrains right? i wouldnt go through ANYTHING if i was solo, especially w/ A/t's. i know the feeling as i have been waiting for months to go up in the mountains on a new trail BUT i have resisted as snow is not my thing.
More like glorified street tires...

But they did do very well in a foot of snow...

This is what the area is like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3l5k-Mm1x0
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #219

So I can't find any answer on Google search, but if you have a personal check written out to you can you use it to buy things from a store? I'm 500 miles away from my bank so I can't cash it....
Old 03-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #220
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't it have to be written out to the store where the purchase is made?

Unless it's written out for CASH, I doubt you can. But I really don't know

Products Discussed in this Thread