LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #301
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Yes... I had to put 1/4" wheel spacers up front to fit them. It took about 2 full turns of thread away from the lug nuts, but I've been checking them and so far they haven't backed off the thread. I'll keep checking them every few days and post on here if they start to back off. If they do I'll just put on extended wheel studs.
ok i was wondering because i know wheelers sells a pair that look almost the same but are made to work without rubbing the calipers but the price on the summit ones are nice!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 PM   #302
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
ok i was wondering because i know wheelers sells a pair that look almost the same but are made to work without rubbing the calipers but the price on the summit ones are nice!
I bought the Wheeler's Offroad ones. I bought 4, but I'm not using two of them... If you bought 2 from Wheeler's it would end up costing around $17 after shipping. I'll sell my two extra to you for $15 including shipping...
Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #303
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I bought the Wheeler's Offroad ones. I bought 4, but I'm not using two of them... If you bought 2 from Wheeler's it would end up costing around $17 after shipping. I'll sell my two extra to you for $15 including shipping...

well i would but i dont need spacers right now not for a while until i get some spare $$ for tires.. for now all extra money goes into suspension
Old 03-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #305
Pabst knows best

im putting in some 5100's on stock coils on sunday and then when i get more $ ill get some 881 ome coils and some dakar leaf packs.. or really save up and go LT
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #306
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
im putting in some 5100's on stock coils on sunday and then when i get more $ ill get some 881 ome coils and some dakar leaf packs.. or really save up and go LT
Nice, definitely take some pics once it's installed.

I can't decide whether or not to get new leafs, my add-a-leaf is doing fine.

The LT part made me laugh. It doesn't matter what suspension you get, you'll always want something better. I've only had mine lifted for 2-3 weeks and already want mid travel!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #307
Pabst knows best

LT is what i really want to run its just so damn expensive ill prob have to hold off on that for a while or pick up some decent used parts piece by piece

i would do an aal but my stock leafs are kinda iffy i wanna replace them and also do the aal at the same time to really make sure they will be what i want and last a lot longer
Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #308

Quote:
LT is what i really want to run its just so damn expensive ill prob have to hold off on that for a while or pick up some decent used parts piece by piece

i would do an aal but my stock leafs are kinda iffy i wanna replace them and also do the aal at the same time to really make sure they will be what i want and last a lot longer
I doubt I'll ever go long travel, too much fab work for me. I'll either go mid travel or SAS. I can't decide...

My leafs were pretty sad, but the add-a-leaf brought mine up to pretty much level with the front. The front sits about .25" higher.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #309
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I doubt I'll ever go long travel, too much fab work for me. I'll either go mid travel or SAS. I can't decide...

My leafs were pretty sad, but the add-a-leaf brought mine up to pretty much level with the front. The front sits about .25" higher.
LOL at bold.
I'm just joshing you, but LT is too much fab, you'd rather SAS?
Haha just seemed funny to me
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman117 View Post
LOL at bold.
I'm just joshing you, but LT is too much fab, you'd rather SAS?
Haha just seemed funny to me
Whoops, I didn't even notice that...

I'm half drugged up on pain reliever, so that's my excuse!

I doubt I'll ever to an SAS. It'll probably get a good mid travel set up, 35's, ARB lockers front and rear.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
SAS on a tacoma just doesnt make sense to me. I trust the millions of dollars toyota paid the engineers to make that IFS style suspension work. if you want a sfa rig, get an old jeep and cut the shit out of it and make it an ultimate crawler, as that is the point of a SAS conversion.
I'm kind of the same way. Like I said, mid-travel, 35's, and front and rear lockers will probably be the most for this truck.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #312
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
SAS on a tacoma just doesnt make sense to me. I trust the millions of dollars toyota paid the engineers to make that IFS style suspension work. if you want a sfa rig, get an old jeep and cut the shit out of it and make it an ultimate crawler, as that is the point of a SAS conversion.
I think it's more of "I did it because I could". Just like engine swaps, it makes you unique and shows your prowess. Same with LT, makes the truck perform better in certain situations.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #313
AWESOME MEMBER

Quote:
I'm kind of the same way. Like I said, mid-travel, 35's, and front and rear lockers will probably be the most for this truck.
MT tacomas with armor look amazing. Plus lockers just make you a machine.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #314
AWESOME MEMBER

Quote:
meh, ill keep the 32's. might get 235's again if i can find rims that push them out more.

my dream with my truck,
front and rear tube bumpers w/ swing out tire gate, warn winch
oba
supercharger
Mmmmm supercharger.
Just another thing on the list
Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #315

Quote:
MT tacomas with armor look amazing. Plus lockers just make you a machine.
I'll hopefully have full armor by the end of next year.

Quote:
meh, ill keep the 32's. might get 235's again if i can find rims that push them out more.

my dream with my truck,
front and rear tube bumpers w/ swing out tire gate, warn winch
oba
supercharger
Haha well this is for when I have a new daily driver (hopefully a 2015 double-cab long-bed Tacoma)

I'll do the supercharger mod once it stops being my daily driver.

I can't decide if I like tire carriers on the bumper. I'm talking with somebody on here about fabbing up a removable in bed tire mount, that way I can move it when loading stuff in the back of the truck.

Quote:
Mmmmm supercharger.
Just another thing on the list
Some day... Some day... Haha
Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #316
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
full armor? are you already lifted? o.o

this year I might be able to redo my rear suspension, other than that pretty much paying off tent/bedrack/tires/rims.

2014 I should have my bumpers and lights o.o

(unless I get my job promo then who knows where this build will lead)
Old 03-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #317
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Your trucks awesome Minus the wheels me and you don't have similar wheels we like lol
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
full armor? are you already lifted? o.o

this year I might be able to redo my rear suspension, other than that pretty much paying off tent/bedrack/tires/rims.

2014 I should have my bumpers and lights o.o
Uhm, yes I'm already lifted? Haha By full armor I mean sliders, bumpers, and possible skid plates.

All that's planned for this year is:

Spare tire
Sliders
Tint
Flowmaster
Upgraded audio
BoxRocket Bed Rack
Line-x'd bed
Wet OKole's

And of course random minor mods here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
Your trucks awesome Minus the wheels me and you don't have similar wheels we like lol
I wanted different wheels, but all the ones I liked were in 16's or 17's... I couldn't justify the cost of 33's on 16's or 17's over 33's on 15's. I like my choice now
Old 03-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #319
yippee ki yay mother cluckers
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait for my boxrocket bedrack

I know everyone likes wet okoles... but i'd personally just rather buy new seats?

Products Discussed in this Thread