Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #21
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 192 View Post
Sense we almost have the same truck i'm going to watch this thread... I'm planing on changing up my truck, but for now i'm just doing all the mantinace. I fininshed up the timing belt, water pump plugs, wires, oil and fuel filter last weekend this weekend will be Amsoil in all the gear cases.

love the black tool box you got ... I like the one on my truck but wish it was black... I'm going to change it ... don't know if I'm going to paint it powder it or just sell it and get a black one.
Haha thanks! I just recently finished up doing all the maintenance on mine. I need to change the oil sometime soon and I'm probably going to change the fuel filter as well since I have no idea when it's been changed if ever.

As for the tool box, I had to go to over 12 stores before I found one that would fit in my truck! Haha

Attempted to remove the chrome steps, not happening until I spray the bolts with something! They're seized badly! Also nobody around here apparently carries plastidip, so no painting this weekend.... I'm going to order some and hopefully paint the bumpers next weekend.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #22
192 is on a distinguished road

192's Tacoma Gallery
PB Blaster is like God in a can... that will loosen up those rusty bolts... if there really bad you might need to torch the nuts. If not use a Laser
Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #23
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 192 View Post
PB Blaster is like God in a can... that will loosen up those rusty bolts... if there really bad you might need to torch the nuts. If not use a Laser
Yeah I soaked them with some pb blaster about four hours ago, hopefully that's all it'll take! I have access to a torch, but I have to pay money to rent it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #24

So I basically went from planning to get some stuff done on my truck to nothing... Haha Too cold to paint anything or wash the truck, and I don't want to stand in 30 degree weather working on wiring. And the pb blaster didn't loosen the bolts at all! So next weekend I'll probably go to the auto shop on base and use either a pneumatic wrench or a torch to try to get them off.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
192 is on a distinguished road

192's Tacoma Gallery
Just a little propane torch not an oxygen acetylene torch.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 PM   #26

So every car wash in the area does not allow you to hand wash your vehicle... So I have no way of actually giving my truck a decent wash...
Old 01-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
nothing beats a good ol' hand job!

I have finally realized, it is a 12 year old truck and have run it through the auto car washes this winter.
Yeah I guess I could do that, then wax it myself...
Old 01-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #28

Quote:
if your paint is still in very good shape i wouldnt. mine is sooo scratched up these days, im being insane thinking that im helping it by not running through a car wash. respray is hopefully gonna happen within the next ten years.
Yeah, my paint is in really good shape for being 10 years old. There are maybe 2 scratches on the whole truck, and then a couple paint chips here and there.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #29
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
I wish i could say the same i got some pretty bad rock chips and acouple dings. And then there's my tailgate...
Old 01-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
I wish i could say the same i got some pretty bad rock chips and acouple dings. And then there's my tailgate...
Haha yeah I got lucky with this one. Although after having it for only a few days, a friend of mine decided to fill up the bed with leaves. In the process he put two small knee sized dents in the tailgate from standing on the bumper and leaning over...
Old 01-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #31
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I heart first gens
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I heart first gens
So did you mean "heart" as in love, or "heart" as in hurt?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
love haha I've owned two second gens and this pre Tacoma

I would definitely go for an access cab first gen next time around (if there was a next time around)

You're nearly stock truck looks better than a lot of modded ones on here
Old 01-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
love haha I've owned two second gens and this pre Tacoma

I would definitely go for an access cab first gen next time around (if there was a next time around)

You're nearly stock truck looks better than a lot of modded ones on here
Oh haha I gotcha. Before I found this one I would spend almost every night looking for a Tacoma I could afford, then this one was being sold right on base.
As for how it looks, it's okay... Haha I'm trying to make myself a little more strict on my budget so hopefully starting February I can start buying components for my lift.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #36

Quote:
OME. /thread
Haha what's wrong with eibach coils and bilsteins?

Plus I plan to have armor. Bumpers front and rear as well as skid plates. So I figured eibach coils would be good for with and without armor.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #37

Quote:
i almost went that route, BUT 5100s are more prone to leaking than OME shocks, and without a bumper and winch, you can overlift your front and kiss your cv boots good bye. even the OME 883's were pushing it for the cv angles
So what would you suggest for not having any armor right now but plan to have it in the future when it comes to OME?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #38

Quote:
i went with 883's in case i ever want to get armor. but without it has a very good ride IMO it is on the firm side, but i like that.
Dang it! Here I thought I had it all planned out, but now I've got to rethink all of it Haha
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #39

Quote:
haha i spent a long time to figure it out. im very happy with my OME.

look up leaking 5100s.

the google leaking nitrochargers.

helps swing me
Hmm, yeah... Haha What do you suggest I do, order the full OME kit from toytec or order it from somewhere else? OME is more expensive and it sucks... But I have noticed more than one person on here has gone from Bilstein to OME.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #40

Quote:
i orderd through wheelers, but i only did the front. my rear is still cheaped together with an AAL and now leaking KYB's. my suggestion, no matter what you decide is DONT:
1. run 5100s on your stock coils. the trd coils are progressive and crap once they age
2. dont run OME coils on 5100s, it will ride VERY stiff. MTgirl has that and complains about the ride being too stiff. ive read elsewhere of others with the same experience.
3. dont let someone tell you here and now what to get. spend time reading reviews, looking into the different brands and quality issues with both then make up your own mind.
Okay, thanks!
I am definitely not planning on using my stock coils or shocks, nor do I plan to mix OME and Bilsteins. I've lurked on here enough to know not to do that haha

I messaged four other people on here that have either Bilstein/Eibach or OME to see what their opinions are as well. I would have included you in the message, but if I need to ask you I know you get on here late at night and check my build haha

By the way my plastidip I ordered came in at 7... And the post office is closed until Tuesday. Also the temps aren't going to be above 40 anytime soon, Yesterday was the warmest it's been in a month so I may not to get to plastidip anything for a while...

Products Discussed in this Thread