Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 1st Gen. Builds

Notices

PcBuilder's 2003 Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #461
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipreferwater View Post
interesting thought, any one ever experience rusting under the bed due to exhaust?
I wouldn't think it'd make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Yeah I really like the 18 in that spot. Sounds perfect. When the whole exhaust warms up it has such a deep growl for a v6 when below 2k.

My favorite is the sound at 3.5k where the intake gets loud as you hear it sucking in air. I'll drop in a deckplate eventually to see if that does anything.
Yeah, I'm thinking that maybe I should have gone with an 18" dumped. But I figure I'd rather have a loud muffler that I can add piping to. I haven't heard the 3.5k rpm sound yet. I really want to do an deck plate, I keep forgetting about that mod! Haha
Old 04-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #462
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea on the Magnaflow bro! Mines also got a turn down right after the muffler. And m3bassman is right about it sounding super nice and deep once the exhaust warms up! I love it

I did the deckplate over a month ago, but not that it's starting to warm up and I've got a full tank of gas I'm keeping track to see if it did my mpg any good. I think it has, but in terms of people saying it makes your exhaust louder, I can't really tell a difference at all IDK.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #463
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
So the difference between the 14 and 18 is...? Other than length of course
Old 04-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #464
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffirg View Post
So the difference between the 14 and 18 is...? Other than length of course
Length is pretty much it. An 18" will be slightly quieter than a 14".
Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #465
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
You guys are making my wallet itch...
Old 04-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #466
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Yes! I'm in the cool kid group!
I have a 18" magnaflow dumped after the muffler, before the axle.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #467
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ok that sounds good, found my next mod!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #468

Quote:
Let me know when, then ill let you know who did mine, it was cheap, and they did a nice job. even put a nice stainless tip on it for free.
Sweet man will do!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #469

Cost me a total of $88...

Also, I got tired of sitting in my room after an hour and went and extended my keyless entry antenna. Gave me some extra distance, not as much as I'd like but still better.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #470
F*ck you Brent
YotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaOverAll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jessie
YotaOverAll's Tacoma Gallery
Now I want a magnflow. Heard a first gen last night idk what it had but it sounded good...my headunit might have to wait...
Old 04-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #471
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with Magnaflow. A lot of guys are glad they got it or made the switch from Flowmaster
Old 04-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #472

I definitely recommend Magnaflow over Flowmaster! Flowmaster is just too much for Tacomas. Some larger V6's and most V8's sound good with them. Our Tacomas do well with Magnaflows when it comes to sound.

Couldn't think of anything to do, so I sprayed the dust off the truck, clay-barred it and waxed it.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #473

I tested out my new reverse bulbs, holy crap they're bright!

Old 04-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #474

So I'm really thinking about getting tube doors now... It'd be awesome in the Summer!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #475
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
ahhh starfruit. Classic video.

I like my 18" as well. but sometimes i wish i had the 14
Old 04-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #476

Quote:
yea certainly there are times when i want to be 16 and loud as shit, but when on the interstate, it is worth it=to have the 18 IMO.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see how much it annoys me next time I make a long trip... Haha
Old 04-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #477

Quote:
my cherry bomb didnt bother me. even the highway wasnt bad. but when i had to tow, the extra load on the engine made it miserable. Had to tow a trailer 1.5 hours to school and back, and knew i was going to have to tow to Ali's, 20 hours round trip. I said hell no and ordered the magnaflow that night. Before it arrived we went tunnel blasting in seattle

Ali at least got a kick out of how loud it was in the tunnels when you drop to third and floor it lol ahhh it is fun to be 16 sometimes.
Haha yeah, I loved my Flowmaster on my 96 until I started dating my gf and had to almost yell just to hold a conversation while driving haha
Old 04-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #478

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Haha yeah, I loved my Flowmaster on my 96 until I started dating my gf and had to almost yell just to hold a conversation while driving haha
I had the flowmaster 50 on my last truck and honestly I really liked it, rumble on acceleration but silent at highway speeds.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomakid96 View Post
I had the flowmaster 50 on my last truck and honestly I really liked it, rumble on acceleration but silent at highway speeds.
Hmm, my Flowmaster super 40 dumped on my 2.7 was obnoxious!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Hmm, my Flowmaster super 40 dumped on my 2.7 was obnoxious!
I had the 40 also and it was miserable thats why I switched to the 50.

Products Discussed in this Thread